HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #8851
Master Member

I don't know whats your itinerary but if you have time, you may wanna explore a different route.

From S Korea, u can take a ferry from Busan to Fukuoka (Kyushu) and then take the Shinkansen (perhaps buy the 7 day JR pass) and travel from Fukuoka to Osaka and then to Tokyo to catch ur flight back.
My route is SIN-ICN-OSA-HND-SIN.
Thought of going busan but not confident enough to f&e, will be meeting someone in Osaka. So Fukuoka is out

another option is take Korean airlines for similar route ending with NRT-SIN instead (with transit in Seoul) for $1001.

That's y I'm leaning towards sq though more expensive, since I've to take into factor of NEX express ticket for KE

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Last edited by ash like snow; 24-05-2018 at 11:18 AM..
Old 24-05-2018, 08:18 PM   #8852
Master Member

For kanazawa to shirakawago, is it a must to reserve the bus online for round trip there and back?

within shirakawago do u just walk around? planning a daytrip from kanazawa

are nohi and Hokutetsu buses equivalent?
Old 24-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #8853
Arch-Supremacy Member

For kanazawa to shirakawago, is it a must to reserve the bus online for round trip there and back?

within shirakawago do u just walk around? planning a daytrip from kanazawa

are nohi and Hokutetsu buses equivalent?
It's not exactly a must to reserve but it certainly gives you a piece of mind instead of being told that the timing you want is not available anymore at the counter...

I stayed one night at one of the gassho huts at Shirakawago, and yes basically it's just walking around the village. It's a very small place. Day trip is enough if you are not into the gassho hut/ryokan experience.

I booked with Nohi via JapanBusOnline. It was Nohi due to the bus timing that I was going for. Nohi and Hokutetsu are different companies but operating the same route at different timings.
Tornesoul likes this.
Old 25-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #8854

Hi,

I have got some questions. So both me and my friends are planning to do about a 7 days trip, all within Kansai around Nov. Going to Nara, Kyoto, Osaka, USJ etc plus Minho Fall and Fushioukaku hot spring hotel (both which are somewhat out of the central Osaka.)

1. What pass would you suggest we should get?
2. We are planning to find a hotel within Osaka and use it as out 'base' as we branched out our ways to other areas. Do you think if this is ideal, or is hotel-hopping a even better idea? Are given the impression that it took about an hour to travel from Osaka station out to other places (with the exception of the two that I have mentioned which are out of central Osaka)
Old 25-05-2018, 11:30 PM   #8855

Have anyone been to Hiruzen? I wanted to spent some time there but I am not sure if there are any transport there as I do not drive.
Old 26-05-2018, 04:51 PM   #8856
Master Member

has anyone used this before? cant find any reviews. seems useful if arriving osaka early flight and for Airbnb with late checkouts?

http://www.travellightosaka.com/english/
Old 29-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #8857
Supremacy Member

Can I walk along the Rainbow Bridge from Shibaura-futō Station to the statue of Liberty at Odaiba?

Is there a proper walking path?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29-05-2018, 08:04 PM   #8858
Master Member

Can I walk along the Rainbow Bridge from Shibaura-futō Station to the statue of Liberty at Odaiba?

Is there a proper walking path?

Thanks in advance.
yes there is also a cycling path
princessreiko likes this.
Old 29-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #8859
Master Member

Can the Yokoso! Osaka ticket be bought at KIX airport? Or must we purchase in sg only?

http://www.howto-osaka.com/en/ticket/ticket/yokoso.html
Old 29-05-2018, 10:19 PM   #8860

klook selling about S$18.4 (about 1500yen). buy online and you able to exchange at KIX HIS counter

a little bit higher if you purchase at KIX
"The price is 1,650 when you purchase at the ticket office."

Can the Yokoso! Osaka ticket be bought at KIX airport? Or must we purchase in sg only?

http://www.howto-osaka.com/en/ticket/ticket/yokoso.html
Old 30-05-2018, 06:29 AM   #8861

Hi all, sorry if this sounds like a noob question...
So while I was looking at what stations are available/ which lines I can use should I purchase the "Kansai WIDE Area" pass, in the website from JR West, I presume those names that I saw in the image, are the stations that is valid for the pass?

1. Are those really all the stations? If you see the station between Kusatsu and Maibara, there are a few stations in between but are not listed with names... And so, anyone has any sites etc that will shows all the stations that this or other Passes comes with?
2. In the legend, there is this "conventional lines", what are those?
3. If I am on a 8 days trip, and I used this pass which is only valid for 5 days, for the rest of the 2-3 days, should I buy those 1 day pass as the days goes on, or would buying a IOCCA be better?
Old 30-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #8862
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi all, sorry if this sounds like a noob question...
So while I was looking at what stations are available/ which lines I can use should I purchase the "Kansai WIDE Area" pass, in the website from JR West, I presume those names that I saw in the image, are the stations that is valid for the pass?

1. Are those really all the stations? If you see the station between Kusatsu and Maibara, there are a few stations in between but are not listed with names... And so, anyone has any sites etc that will shows all the stations that this or other Passes comes with?
2. In the legend, there is this "conventional lines", what are those?
3. If I am on a 8 days trip, and I used this pass which is only valid for 5 days, for the rest of the 2-3 days, should I buy those 1 day pass as the days goes on, or would buying a IOCCA be better?
1.. assume you used the west japan railway company website ? there is a PDF link in the website that shows the details and names of all the stations the pass services

2. conventional means non-shinkansen JR lines

3. depends on how much you intend to travel. the IOCCA is like a easilink card ... just saves you the hassle of buying a separate ticket everytime.
Old 31-05-2018, 06:43 AM   #8863

1.. assume you used the west japan railway company website ? there is a PDF link in the website that shows the details and names of all the stations the pass services

2. conventional means non-shinkansen JR lines

3. depends on how much you intend to travel. the IOCCA is like a easilink card ... just saves you the hassle of buying a separate ticket everytime.
Thanks for the information and I am indeed using the information for the west jr website. The pdf in the site, contains quite some small wording for some of the stations? (I guess) and hence I am pretty much using the picture as my reference, just so to get my directions right.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:06 PM   #8864
Master Member

Anyone been to Edo Wonderland in Nikko or the Ninja Museum in Iga?
If have to choose between this 2 places, which one is better? I only know that Edo Wonderland is bigger and there are more things to do there?
Old 02-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #8865

for japan theme parks if i have one day to spare, which one would be worth a visit??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.