Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #76
Supremacy Member

<p>Follow me agency</p>

can use Yen to pay for the pass..

Last edited by dimitri_can; 09-06-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #77
Supremacy Member

Can idea which bike shops does tax refund on the 5% consumption tax?
motorbike or bicycle?
Old 10-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #78
Master Member

i went in .. but also not sure which form to help to print for fren haha

i will read again... pay slip photo right?

is the process on the spot itself ?

She is a singapore PR as well. thanks !
PR but holding a Msia passport then have to apply visa.

1- copies of passport, SG and Msia ic
2 - copies of payslips, bring original as well just in case
3 - printout of the forms, bring extra blank copies just in case.
4 - company letter, format follow the website given.

Pls note application is in morning till noon if I,m not wrong and processing takes 3 days. So u need apply 2 days leave.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #79
Master Member

Thanks bro.. tot my question was skipped and ignored so I call them..

They said no need pay slip ?
I went to the website after reading your post but I cant find the format to type. Can u point to me ?
The guy only said type purpose , paid all expenses by herself. salary and ask boss to sign. can liao. Din mention malaysia IC too.

how ? scare the guy missed out too haa..ya took note of the time.
Lucky on shift work so no need time off.

PR but holding a Msia passport then have to apply visa.

1- copies of passport, SG and Msia ic
2 - copies of payslips, bring original as well just in case
3 - printout of the forms, bring extra blank copies just in case.
4 - company letter, format follow the website given.

Pls note application is in morning till noon if I,m not wrong and processing takes 3 days. So u need apply 2 days leave.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #80

Hi, I am going to have a stopover at Tokyo from 5:30 am (Haneda Airport) till 7:15 pm (Narita Airport). Since I have some time in Tokyo, I would like to shop around Shibuya and Harajuku. Initially I planned to go to Tsukiji Fish Market too but it seems to be out of the way so I decided not to.
Firstly, what is the best way to travel from Haneda to Shibuya and also later from Shibuya to Narita? I have looked at several websites and I'm not sure if its cheaper to take the bus or the train. I've looked at the japan-guide website and saw the Tokyo Shuttle Bus but I'm also wondering if I should take those unlimited one day train pass. There are so many kinds and I am so confused.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #81
Supremacy Member

Take Keikyu line to Shinagawa, then change to Yamanote Line to Shibuya.

For Shibuya to Narita, can take Narita Express or

take Yamanote Line to Nippori and change to Skyliner/Keisei Main Line to Narita Airport.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #82
Master Member

Thanks bro.. tot my question was skipped and ignored so I call them..

They said no need pay slip ?
I went to the website after reading your post but I cant find the format to type. Can u point to me ?
The guy only said type purpose , paid all expenses by herself. salary and ask boss to sign. can liao. Din mention malaysia IC too.

how ? scare the guy missed out too haa..ya took note of the time.
Lucky on shift work so no need time off.
When is your friend flying. Cause

Gov't to exempt Thai, Malaysian tourists from visa requirement | Kyodo News

Maybe in time for the law to implement in time. Malaysian to Japan no need visa.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #83
Master Member

early july hahaha

When is your friend flying. Cause

Gov't to exempt Thai, Malaysian tourists from visa requirement | Kyodo News

Maybe in time for the law to implement in time. Malaysian to Japan no need visa.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #84

Take Keikyu line to Shinagawa, then change to Yamanote Line to Shibuya.

For Shibuya to Narita, can take Narita Express or

take Yamanote Line to Nippori and change to Skyliner/Keisei Main Line to Narita Airport.

Ok thank you.
Also, since I'm arriving quite early, is there anywhere you recommend I can go or anything I can do around Shibuya area? cause I see the shops open around 10.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #85

hi, im currently using singtel with lte phone. just wondering if my phone will work in japan and how do i sms back to a sg number when im over there? do i have to add any numbers? thanks!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #86

hi, im currently using singtel with lte phone. just wondering if my phone will work in japan and how do i sms back to a sg number when im over there? do i have to add any numbers? thanks!
Which LTE phone are you using bro? For now (at least), only Galaxy S4, HTC One and the upcoming LG Optimus G Pro offers all possible LTE bands in their phones, hence you can still roam in LTE while in Japan

For all other LTE phones, eg Galaxy S3, the phone will switch to regular 3G 850/1900 band.

Make sure you manually log onto Softbank while you're roaming in Japan. Singtel has some tieups with Softbank and you can enjoy slightly lower rates with Softbank

To SMS, just compose and send your SMS as per normal, no +65 prefix required. But that SMS will be charged as roaming SMS liao. So take note of that.

If you want to call SG line, use the IDD call back option from Singtel to enjoy slightly cheaper IDD calls. just enter *121*+65(your number)# and then enter SEND. THe call will end and your phone will ring in a few seconds. Just pick up normally.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #87

Which LTE phone are you using bro? For now (at least), only Galaxy S4, HTC One and the upcoming LG Optimus G Pro offers all possible LTE bands in their phones, hence you can still roam in LTE while in Japan

For all other LTE phones, eg Galaxy S3, the phone will switch to regular 3G 850/1900 band.

Make sure you manually log onto Softbank while you're roaming in Japan. Singtel has some tieups with Softbank and you can enjoy slightly lower rates with Softbank

To SMS, just compose and send your SMS as per normal, no +65 prefix required. But that SMS will be charged as roaming SMS liao. So take note of that.

If you want to call SG line, use the IDD call back option from Singtel to enjoy slightly cheaper IDD calls. just enter *121*+65(your number)# and then enter SEND. THe call will end and your phone will ring in a few seconds. Just pick up normally.
thanks for ur reply! my phone supports the following bands:4G/LTE 1800, 4G/LTE 2600, 4G/LTE 800, GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, 3G 850, 3G 900, 3G 2100

so will it be able to support lte? not that it matters since i wont be using data there cause its too expensive.

i saw in the other thread that i can buy the bmobile sim to use data, but the thing is that i can only get it to deliver to my hotel over there. is there any data sim that i can buy here in singapore and bring it along instead?
Old 12-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #88

thanks for ur reply! my phone supports the following bands:4G/LTE 1800, 4G/LTE 2600, 4G/LTE 800, GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, 3G 850, 3G 900, 3G 2100

so will it be able to support lte? not that it matters since i wont be using data there cause its too expensive.

i saw in the other thread that i can buy the bmobile sim to use data, but the thing is that i can only get it to deliver to my hotel over there. is there any data sim that i can buy here in singapore and bring it along instead?
Hmm...you can see if you are able to logon to Softbank LTE network when you're there ya. If not your phone will switch over to 3G 1900mhz. That's the band Jap and USA uses for GSM.

I don't think you can buy any Japs SIM cards in SG. In anycase, you don't need to use Japs SIM cards over there if you're not planning many calls or use data. For data usage, you can login to the free WIFI your hotel offers you. And many big shopping malls have free WIFI too.

Or you can also sign up for free at freespot.com

It's Japs version of Wireless@SG. Do take note the coverage is not very good and not every shopping malls or centers will have Freespot access, even in big cities eg Sapporo.

Hotel WIFI is still the most stable of all. You can also go to Sim Lim Sq and get yourself a portable WIFI router to bring it along your trip. Some Japs Hotel doesn't have WIFI coverage in the rooms,. THey only got a LAN cable. Your portable wireless router will come in handy here. Just plug the LAN cable into your router and you can have free wireless access in your room.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #89

Hmm...you can see if you are able to logon to Softbank LTE network when you're there ya. If not your phone will switch over to 3G 1900mhz. That's the band Jap and USA uses for GSM.

I don't think you can buy any Japs SIM cards in SG. In anycase, you don't need to use Japs SIM cards over there if you're not planning many calls or use data. For data usage, you can login to the free WIFI your hotel offers you. And many big shopping malls have free WIFI too.

Or you can also sign up for free at freespot.com

It's Japs version of Wireless@SG. Do take note the coverage is not very good and not every shopping malls or centers will have Freespot access, even in big cities eg Sapporo.

Hotel WIFI is still the most stable of all. You can also go to Sim Lim Sq and get yourself a portable WIFI router to bring it along your trip. Some Japs Hotel doesn't have WIFI coverage in the rooms,. THey only got a LAN cable. Your portable wireless router will come in handy here. Just plug the LAN cable into your router and you can have free wireless access in your room.
oh i see. thanks thanks. btw, which is the best credit card to use in japan? do most smaller shops accept credit cards?
Old 12-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #90

oh i see. thanks thanks. btw, which is the best credit card to use in japan? do most smaller shops accept credit cards?
The best credit card is the one that you feel most comfortable to use lor

Anyway, unlike in the past, VISA and Mastercard are widely accepted in shops or attractions that accepts credit cards

No many smaller Japs shops still accept cash only. When in debt, just ask.

print this sentence out and show it to the cashier when in doubt

クレジットカードで払えますか?

basically it says 'do you accept credit cards'
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.