Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im intending to buy this ICOCA and Haruka pass, as ill immediately go kyoto.
However im confused if the ticket round trip can be used if im not coming back from kyoto.
im planning to depart back to KIX from either tennoji or osaka.
Anyone know?

If you look at the network map, you will see Tennoji/Osaka are all within the area you can use it.
West Japan Railway Company - ICOCA and HARUKA

blackgunner2

Reaction score
hi anyone been to japan during the world cup? do they gather and watch the world cup together at some places or celebrate when the team wins a match? will be there in june...

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Is hokkaido Railway pass worth to get if im doing F&E, not driving, will be visiting places like sapporo, New Chitose, Furano, Ashaikawa, Bieb, otaru and Nobertisu. PLease advise thank you

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That would be worth it and you might want to consider moving as the places are not quite suitable for day trips

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
Siao liao. Anyone know how to top up suica card at osaka stn? I can find any suitable machine to top up the suica card.

Adenovirus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Siao liao. Anyone know how to top up suica card at osaka stn? I can find any suitable machine to top up the suica card.

Any machine that can top up icoca should be able to top up suica. Try using the pink colour machines

pretzel18

Reaction score
Hi, will be going Japan for 8 days. Main intention is to be at Tokyo+Kyoto+Osaka. Wondering if I should stay at Tokyo on the 1st night (so that I can leave my luggage at the Tokyo Hotel) before heading to Osaka and Kyoto for 4 nights before I check-in back at the Tokyo Hotel. Or should I take along my luggage n travel to Osaka from Narita Airport, then to Kyoto, and back to Tokyo.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, will be going Japan for 8 days. Main intention is to be at Tokyo+Kyoto+Osaka. Wondering if I should stay at Tokyo on the 1st night (so that I can leave my luggage at the Tokyo Hotel) before heading to Osaka and Kyoto for 4 nights before I check-in back at the Tokyo Hotel. Or should I take along my luggage n travel to Osaka from Narita Airport, then to Kyoto, and back to Tokyo.

u may want to check with ur hotel whether they can allow u to put ur luggage for 4 days. usually 1-2 days shld be ok, but 4 days a bit long.

i would prefer to go straight to osaka, so dun have to change hotel so many times. so for ur entire trip, u only need to stay osaka then tokyo, instead of tokyo, osaka, tokyo.

pretzel18

Reaction score
u may want to check with ur hotel whether they can allow u to put ur luggage for 4 days. usually 1-2 days shld be ok, but 4 days a bit long.

i would prefer to go straight to osaka, so dun have to change hotel so many times. so for ur entire trip, u only need to stay osaka then tokyo, instead of tokyo, osaka, tokyo.

have emailed the hotel but hasn't gotten any reply yet.. I'm just worried about the hassle of having a big luggage with me when traveling into Osaka n Kyoto..

kenshinz

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the Kansai Thru pass can be used on Kyoto's city bus? I'm thinking of taking bus 80 from Kiyomizu-Gojo station to somewhere nearer to Kiyomizudera. Thanks

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to wear shorts and flip flop for guys when in tokyo during summer period (Late june to early July)?

Victory89

Master Member
Reaction score
Are there any hostel that cost around $30sgd+ per night for a person? A bit inconvenient is okay. (15-20mins walk from station) can communicate in basic nihongo. no preference on the facilities

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there any hostel that cost around $30sgd+ per night for a person? A bit inconvenient is okay. (15-20mins walk from station) can communicate in basic nihongo. no preference on the facilities

Most dormitory style hostel are at this price range. Use hostelworld to search.

robin123hoot

Reaction score
Is two weeks too long to spend in Hokkaido? Am intending to go on a self-drive holiday in september...are the roads easy to navigate? will get GPS...hopefully with good English!

Victory89

Master Member
Reaction score
Most dormitory style hostel are at this price range. Use hostelworld to search.
Thanks a lot for the keyword

Does anybody knows what's the first train timing for most of the lines? If I have a flight 6.45am at Narita to Fukuoka most likely have to take cab or can make it for first train?

Coming back will reach Narita airport at 10.15pm. Flight to Singapore again is at 11.05pm. Almost 2 hours differences, do you guys feel that the timing is quite dangerous?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the keyword

Does anybody knows what's the first train timing for most of the lines? If I have a flight 6.45am at Narita to Fukuoka most likely have to take cab or can make it for first train?

Coming back will reach Narita airport at 10.15pm. Flight to Singapore again is at 11.05pm. Almost 2 hours differences, do you guys feel that the timing is quite dangerous?

6.45am i think very unlikely to have train.
u can check hyperdia, change 'Type' option to "Arrival" instead of "Departure", to show trains that arrival the the destination before the time

the coming back timing may be very hard to meet. is ur domestic flight to narita and the international flight back to sg going to be in the same terminal? need to check-out and check-in again?

Victory89

Master Member
Reaction score
6.45am i think very unlikely to have train.
u can check hyperdia, change 'Type' option to "Arrival" instead of "Departure", to show trains that arrival the the destination before the time

the coming back timing may be very hard to meet. is ur domestic flight to narita and the international flight back to sg going to be in the same terminal? need to check-out and check-in again?
I'm not very sure actually. I think I will just add another 4k yen to avoid the confusing flight timing. I tried checking hostelworld and hotel like tokyo inn but all of them have no accommodation from 2nd to 3rd May. This is so weird..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.