Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #9031
Arch-Supremacy Member

shinkansen from osaka to tokyo is about 14000yen one way

if u are not getting open jaw, then u need to travel to and from tokyo. in that case, it may be worth it to get the 7-day JR pass at 29110yen to cover both trips, as well as travelling within the cities
Her/his itinerary is one way. Fly in kix fly out hnd. No need for JR pass.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #9032

your ticket got include travel from ngo to hnd? if not how did u travel from ngo to hnd?
No. I took Nozomi train from Nagoya down to Tokyo.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #9033

Hey guys, Iím traveling in November and Iím thinking to make a day trip to Hakone. Should i go both Hakone and lake Kawaguchiko or just stick to Hakone? If going both places I will stay a night in Hakone and day trip to lake Kawaguchiko the next day (and head back Tokyo that night)
Is this a normal route or ppl usually just choose a place to go? Thanks!
Old 03-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #9034

Her/his itinerary is one way. Fly in kix fly out hnd. No need for JR pass.
which day should i place hiroshima & miyajima? or travel as day trip from osaka like to kyoto n kobe? in that case still need jr pass?
Old 03-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #9035

No. I took Nozomi train from Nagoya down to Tokyo.
how much is the train ticket?
Old 03-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #9036
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys, Iím traveling in November and Iím thinking to make a day trip to Hakone. Should i go both Hakone and lake Kawaguchiko or just stick to Hakone? If going both places I will stay a night in Hakone and day trip to lake Kawaguchiko the next day (and head back Tokyo that night)
u can do both, although i personally will prefer to spend more days in each place.
there a fuji hakone pass that u can purchase, and it covers the transport to and from tokyo, and various transportations within the area
Old 03-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #9037
Arch-Supremacy Member

how much is the train ticket?
u can use hyperdia to check fare and timings:
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Old 03-07-2018, 04:55 PM   #9038
Arch-Supremacy Member

which day should i place hiroshima & miyajima? or travel as day trip from osaka like to kyoto n kobe? in that case still need jr pass?
From Osaka to Kyoto and Kobe is not very ex. I don't think it's worth but I did not go on so many side trips during my trip to Japan, so you have to calculate yourself. evilerniex already gave you the hyperdia link. Use that to check all the fares of your day trips to see if JR pass is worth it. Also, take note that JR pass only valid on JR lines.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #9039
Supremacy Member

Hey guys, I’m traveling in November and I’m thinking to make a day trip to Hakone. Should i go both Hakone and lake Kawaguchiko or just stick to Hakone? If going both places I will stay a night in Hakone and day trip to lake Kawaguchiko the next day (and head back Tokyo that night)
Hakone needs one full day to appreciate fully.
If you have time, stop by Gora park and have tea in Cafe Pic overlooking the fountain.
It is very pretty and relaxing!
I have been to Hakone twice and enjoyed myself on both occasions.

The Fuji side ie Kawaguchiko needs another day.
And if you plan to shop at Gotemba, you should add another half a day too!
Old 04-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #9040

Hi,

Below is my Dec itineraries. I have already booked my hotel and realise I have some problem with the transport since we don't intend to drive. May I ask some expert here.

Day 1 Tokyo (Haneda airport)
Day 2 Kawaguchiko
Day 3 Kawaguchiko
Day 4 Karuizawa
Day 5 Karuizawa
Day 6 Tokyo
Day 7 Tokyo
Day 8 Tokyo
Day 9 Home Sweet Home

Tokyo Haneda -> Kawaguchiko (by airport express bus)
Kawaguchiko -> Karuizawa (by JR bus then Shinkansen at Tokyo)
Karuizawa -> Tokyo (by Shinkansen again)

May I know such arrangement, what kind of transport pass should I get?
Old 04-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #9041

Hi,

Below is my Dec itineraries. I have already booked my hotel and realise I have some problem with the transport since we don't intend to drive. May I ask some expert here.

Day 1 Tokyo (Haneda airport)
Day 2 Kawaguchiko
Day 3 Kawaguchiko
Day 4 Karuizawa
Day 5 Karuizawa
Day 6 Tokyo
Day 7 Tokyo
Day 8 Tokyo
Day 9 Home Sweet Home

Tokyo Haneda -> Kawaguchiko (by airport express bus)
Kawaguchiko -> Karuizawa (by JR bus then Shinkansen at Tokyo)
Karuizawa -> Tokyo (by Shinkansen again)

May I know such arrangement, what kind of transport pass should I get?
Day 4-6 use Tokyo Wide Pass. Bus fare pay on your own and use the Pass when taking the trains to Karuizawa and back to Tokyo.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/
Old 04-07-2018, 11:17 PM   #9042

HND - NRT

Hi all, I'm planning to take open jaw ticket and my departure goes like this: CHITOSE -> HANEDA -> NARITA -> SIN.
Planned arrival at HANEDA is 1305 and departure from NARITA to SIN is 1700h, so technically there are 4hrs buffer for me to get to NARITA.
Taking into account of retrieving luggage/immigration at HAENDA (45mins), I have around 2.15hrs to reach NARITA for checkin (2 hrs before flight).
Is the buffer time of 2.15hrs to reach NARITA comfortable enough?
Which mode of transport will be better to reach NARITA faster from HANEDA (Airport Shuttle or NEX)?

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #9043

Day 4-6 use Tokyo Wide Pass. Bus fare pay on your own and use the Pass when taking the trains to Karuizawa and back to Tokyo.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/tokyowidepass/
Hi, that's what I plan initially but it can't be use at Kawaguchiko and Tokyo...
Am looking at the 7 Days national JR pass as well. Which will be a better fit for my itineraries, Tokyo Wide Pass or 7 Days national JR pass.
Pardon me for my ignorant, there's too many transport passes in Japan, I read till

Kawaguchiko : fuji-q highland, Gotemba premiun outlet
Karuizawa : Jigokudani Monkey Park, Karuizawa ski resort
Tokyo : DisneySea, Senso-ji temple, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Tsukiji Fish Market...
Old 05-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #9044

Hi, that's what I plan initially but it can't be use at Kawaguchiko and Tokyo...
Am looking at the 7 Days national JR pass as well. Which will be a better fit for my itineraries, Tokyo Wide Pass or 7 Days national JR pass.
Pardon me for my ignorant, there's too many transport passes in Japan, I read till

Kawaguchiko : fuji-q highland, Gotemba premiun outlet
Karuizawa : Jigokudani Monkey Park, Karuizawa ski resort
Tokyo : DisneySea, Senso-ji temple, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Tsukiji Fish Market...
Did you look carefully at the service routes in the link I attached? You can use Tokyo Wide Pass from Kawaguchiko station and it covers Karuizawa station too. Within Tokyo, just use a Suica or Pasmo. It's like our ez-link card.

Gotemba Premium Outlets - take a bus from Kawaguchiko station. https://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/en/.../detail45.html

But if you want to visit Nagano for the snow monkey park, you can consider JR East Pass but it won't cover your trips from Kawaguchiko station.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #9045

Hi, oops apologise i did saw your link but it’s covering for three days that’s kept me wonder on my transport for the rest of the trip...
Thanks so much for the guide to travel ard in tokyo, to the Gotemba premium outlet and the Jigokudani Monkey park...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.