HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #9166

If you are only travelling one way, ie from Osaka to Tokyo, it is not worth to get the 7 Day JR pass as it costs about $150 (one way).
But if you take a return trip ie Osaka to Tokyo to Osaka, then it is worth buying the 7 day JR pass which costs about $344.

Please note that in Tokyo, there are 2 shinkansen stops- Shinagawa station and Tokyo station.
There is no shinkansen stop in Shinjuku.

If you buy one way ticket from Osaka to Tokyo, then in Tokyo itself, you buy the IC card (Pasmo or Suica) which is like our EZ link card. You can then take any train (JR or other trains), using this IC card.
If i'm stopping at shinagawa station? I will get out from there and use Suica card and tap to go in and board other train to shinjuku?
Old 05-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #9167
Supremacy Member

how to check if the train line does not belong JR company?

For example i try this on google map and is the train line have JR icon means it belongs to JR company?
Yes.
Got JR icon means JR company.

If you are in a JR train and have to change to a non JR train, you will have to exit the JR station (if using JR pass, then show the train master ur pass to exit. If not using JR pass, then tap out of the JR station). Then you will need to tap in using the IC card to enter the other train company's platform.
Dreaming likes this.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #9168
Supremacy Member

If i'm stopping at shinagawa station? I will get out from there and use Suica card and tap to go in and board other train to shinjuku?
If you buy a one way shinkansen ticket from Osaka to Tokyo and you get off at Shinagawa station, yes, you will need to exit the shinkansen station at the gantry. Then use the Suica/Pasmo card to enter the station to board the train from Shinagawa to Shinjuku.
Dreaming likes this.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:45 PM   #9169

If you buy a one way shinkansen ticket from Osaka to Tokyo and you get off at Shinagawa station, yes, you will need to exit the shinkansen station at the gantry. Then use the Suica/Pasmo card to enter the station to board the train from Shinagawa to Shinjuku.
Suica/Pasmo card can be used for all types of train company trains in osaka and tokyo?
Old 05-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #9170
Supremacy Member

Suica/Pasmo card can be used for all types of train in osaka and tokyo?
Yes.
You can use Suica/Pasmo card within Tokyo and Osaka respectively on trains and buses on the public transportation.

It is like our EZ link card.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #9171

Yes.
You can use Suica/Pasmo card within Tokyo and Osaka respectively on trains and buses on the public transportation.

It is like our EZ link card.
I read that there are certain types of train that cannot use Suica/Pasmo card. Example shinkansen.. how about limited express train?
Old 05-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #9172
Supremacy Member

I read that there are certain types of train that cannot use Suica/Pasmo card. Example shinkansen.. how about limited express train?
That's why I used the word "respectively".
Meaning u can use the IC (pasmo and suica) within Tokyo itself and Osaka itself.

The website said that until recently IC card cannot be used on shinkansen.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

But I suppose you won't wanna top up $150 on ur IC card just to take the shinkansen.
I would rather buy a separate shinkansen ticket.

Private limited express trains eg Spacia train to Nikko do not accept IC card.
You have to buy a pass separately for that.

As for all these fine details, you will know when you have a definitive plan on what you wanna do.
Don't worry too much.
When you are there, you will be able to understand the system better.
Dreaming likes this.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #9173
Supremacy Member

limited express trains are fine. They are just trains that run on specific time. Those train skips serveral stops and only stops at prominent stations, so u reach your destination a bit faster.But be careful, need to check if the limited express train got stop at your stop or not.

For shinkansen, u will usually buy a reserved ticket from the ticket office.

From my experience, almost all public transports (subway/ bus/ airport limo/ trams) accept Suica/Pasmo. Anyway, once u reach there, you should be fine. At most can just ask the train staff. they are very helpful.
Dreaming likes this.

Last edited by hawthorne; 06-08-2018 at 10:22 AM..
Old 06-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #9174
Supremacy Member

Hi TS

I'm planning to go on a full self-drive trip to Shikoku this Nov (and stop by Kobe on last day). Any advise on my itinerary?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/j...d-5877403.html

Plan to collect car on day 1. I know abit waste $$, but I don't mind spending a bit for convenience. thanks
Old 06-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #9175

Will be doing a self drive in dec. from nozawaonsen to tokyo.

Any good suggestion for stops.

Was thinking Gunma safari park, but scare it would be too rush.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:59 PM   #9176
High Supremacy Member

I heard that Tsukiji market will be shifting to a new location in 2018. Is it only the inner market whereby
the auction action is at? Outer market with food will still remain at whr it is currently?
Old 06-08-2018, 11:21 PM   #9177
Supremacy Member

I heard that Tsukiji market will be shifting to a new location in 2018. Is it only the inner market whereby
the auction action is at? Outer market with food will still remain at whr it is currently?
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3021.html

Tsukiji's inner market is scheduled to close on October 6, 2018, followed by the move of businesses from October 7 to 10, and the opening of Toyosu Market on October 11. Afterwards, Tsukiji's inner market will be torn down, and a new market is proposed to be built in its place sometime after the 2020 Olympics. Tsukiji's popular outer market with its many restaurants and numerous retail shops will remain in business beyond October 2018.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:56 AM   #9178
High Supremacy Member

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3021.html

Tsukiji's inner market is scheduled to close on October 6, 2018, followed by the move of businesses from October 7 to 10, and the opening of Toyosu Market on October 11. Afterwards, Tsukiji's inner market will be torn down, and a new market is proposed to be built in its place sometime after the 2020 Olympics. Tsukiji's popular outer market with its many restaurants and numerous retail shops will remain in business beyond October 2018.
means outer market still around..
Old 07-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #9179

Has anyone here use luggage delivery from hotel to hotel before? If i'm staying in Osaka and would like the luggage to be delivered to Tokyo.

I can ask the hotel i'm staying at to assist me about luggage delivery service?

How will the other hotel that is receiving the luggage knows that it's from their customer?
Old 07-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #9180
Supremacy Member

Has anyone here use luggage delivery from hotel to hotel before? If i'm staying in Osaka and would like the luggage to be delivered to Tokyo.

I can ask the hotel i'm staying at to assist me about luggage delivery service?

How will the other hotel that is receiving the luggage knows that it's from their customer?
I used it all the time. How the other hotel knows , I dunno. But I always get my suitcase back in it's original condition at the destination.

Just go to the hotel front desk, say u want to TaQbin the suitcase, they will do the paper work. They will check the rate for u at u just pay the hotel.

The delivery is usually by next day, and u need to bring it down in the morning. so u need to plan on which suitcase to deliver and what to hand carry.
princessreiko likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.