HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2018, 01:52 AM   #9241

Define ‘wiser’.

and you know ANA has no direct non-stop flights between Singapore and Osaka right?
more worth the money.
yes i know
Old 17-08-2018, 02:07 AM   #9242

What’s worth the ‘money’? Sorry your question is really lacking an objective value measure.

SQ only need to spend $2k, shorter travel time. Why is this not an obvious choice - only you yourself can answer.
Old 17-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #9243

What’s worth the ‘money’? Sorry your question is really lacking an objective value measure.

SQ only need to spend $2k, shorter travel time. Why is this not an obvious choice - only you yourself can answer.
$2k is only for kids’ air ticket,like i already mentioned in my first post that adult tickets ($1.3k per pax) will be redeemed using krisflyer miles. my qns is shld i just buy ana since it’s overall more reasonable priced(saved the krisflyers miles for other trips) or go for sq though paying $2k for kids ticket which is so much ex compared to other airline
Old 17-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #9244
Great Supremacy Member

I would keep the miles to redeem business seats rather than economy..
Old 17-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #9245

$2k is only for kids’ air ticket,like i already mentioned in my first post that adult tickets ($1.3k per pax) will be redeemed using krisflyer miles. my qns is shld i just buy ana since it’s overall more reasonable priced(saved the krisflyers miles for other trips) or go for sq though paying $2k for kids ticket which is so much ex compared to other airline
Honestly then how you value the miles vs cash outlay is an equation only you alone know. Asking other people is really not very useful in such scenarios.

I wouldn’t fly ANA simply because of the added stopover on the way to Osaka. And like Gixx I wouldn’t redeem economy class to Japan. So what’s the trade off? Only you know.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #9246

Honestly then how you value the miles vs cash outlay is an equation only you alone know. Asking other people is really not very useful in such scenarios.

I wouldn’t fly ANA simply because of the added stopover on the way to Osaka. And like Gixx I wouldn’t redeem economy class to Japan. So what’s the trade off? Only you know.
i am just asking for opinion since i dun across this often
Old 17-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #9247
Supremacy Member

Tts why just BBBMTL

Sent from using GAGT
Old 17-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #9248

i am just asking for opinion since i dun across this often
it will really depend on how easily you earn airmiles and how much you value them. If you don’t easily earn them and will find it hard to get enough for business class tickets, then spending it on a family holiday is a nice way to ‘share’ the wealth .... sometimes family members get extra satisfaction from a ‘free ticket’. Plus you will get to fly to Osaka direct.

If you think you can earn more and get business class tickets in the future - then maybe save it up for a special trip with your wife (and no kids if you can arrange it), and pay for the family to fly ANA instead.
princessreiko likes this.
Old 18-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #9249
High Supremacy Member

hi, going to osaka. staying near jr namba station. out of our 5 days there, we plan to travel to kyoto, nara n usj. which pass do you suggest so that we can optimise e ticket with most convenience.

Last edited by chopra; 18-08-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Old 18-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #9250

Ok, I've decided to go Tokyo next year. One of the places I plan to go outside of Tokyo is Hakone, is 1 day trip enough? Where else should I go that's outside of Tokyo? Already planned to stay 4d3n in Tokyo itself, got a few days to spend outside of it.
Old 18-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #9251

hi, going to osaka. staying near jr namba station. out of our 5 days there, we plan to travel to kyoto, nara n usj. which pass do you suggest so that we can optimise e ticket with most convenience.
Actually if you are going so nearby only, just use their normal ICOCA card. No need to get the Kansai pass. Your trips not that expensive, Nara and Kyoto not even that far apart. If you wish to estimate, try using google maps and put in the locations, they will give you a price to and fro.
Old 18-08-2018, 09:08 PM   #9252
Great Supremacy Member

Ok, I've decided to go Tokyo next year. One of the places I plan to go outside of Tokyo is Hakone, is 1 day trip enough? Where else should I go that's outside of Tokyo? Already planned to stay 4d3n in Tokyo itself, got a few days to spend outside of it.
JSM...So fast planing next trip, moi ish reco chiu to stay one night in hakone at one of the onsen..
Old 18-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #9253
High Supremacy Member

JSM...So fast planing next trip, moi ish reco chiu to stay one night in hakone at one of the onsen..
Is 1 night stay enough? It takes 85 mins to reach Odawara and maybe max 1 hr till the Gotemba. Attractions usually take 30 mins-1hr depending on human traffic. Not sure if half day + next day(depending on when u want go back to tokyo) would be enough?
Old 18-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #9254

Confirm will stay 1 night at Hakone, ready to burn money for 1 room there, wonder if in-room onsen got bo. That time go Kinosaki no such thing, their law there is the onsen must be in shared area.
Old 18-08-2018, 09:36 PM   #9255
Great Supremacy Member

Is 1 night stay enough? It takes 85 mins to reach Odawara and maybe max 1 hr till the Gotemba. Attractions usually take 30 mins-1hr depending on human traffic. Not sure if half day + next day(depending on when u want go back to tokyo) would be enough?
The classic round trip, about 1/2 day or more lor..Morning reach, go deposit luggage/bag at locker then start the journey, finish already grab bag then go check in R&R..

Confirm will stay 1 night at Hakone, ready to burn money for 1 room there, wonder if in-room onsen got bo. That time go Kinosaki no such thing, their law there is the onsen must be in shared area.
There is..Ex colleague stayed there before with pte onsen..Forgot the name thou.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.