HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #9286

Hello,

Can you help me to see if my itinerary is ok, I hope to save on air tickets and have a better streamline travel itinerary.

Travel dates are 21st December to 3rd Jan.

Sg to Narita airport (Tokyo)
Will be visiting the following places.
Meiji shrine,
Sugamo station for takeshita street/harajuku line store,omotesando.

Nogizaka station and Train to asakusa,visit sensoji temple, nakamise-dori, kappabashi, sumida river, sky tree, ueno park, museums, ameyoko street.

Shinjuku/chureito Pagoda area for arakura sengen shrine.

lake kawaguchiko for Kubota kimono museum, kachi kachi ropeway, kawagucho natural living centre, momiji corridor, Fuji ginkei hotspring.

Takayama for exploring and street food.

Take bus to shirakawa-go for shiroyama viewpoint, cafe ochudo.

Shirakawa-go/takayama for Shinhotaka ropeway.

Take train from Nagoya to Kyoto for higashi honganji, Nishi honganji, Fushimi inari shrine.

Kyoto for Sagano scenic railway to torokko arashiyama station to visit okochi sanso garden, bamboo forest, tenryuji temple, togetsukyo bridge n bamboo forest light up.

Kyoto/oska for higashiyama, gion, yasaka shrine, ninezaka, kiyomizudera,Osaka shopping street

Osaka for kuromon market, Osaka castle, genrouku sushi, ichiran.

Then back to sg.

Thank you very much for your advice and inputs.
Old 20-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #9287
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello,

Can you help me to see if my itinerary is ok, I hope to save on air tickets and have a better streamline travel itinerary.

Travel dates are 21st December to 3rd Jan.

Sg to Narita airport (Tokyo)
Will be visiting the following places.
Meiji shrine,
Sugamo station for takeshita street/harajuku line store,omotesando.

Nogizaka station and Train to asakusa,visit sensoji temple, nakamise-dori, kappabashi, sumida river, sky tree, ueno park, museums, ameyoko street.

Shinjuku/chureito Pagoda area for arakura sengen shrine.

lake kawaguchiko for Kubota kimono museum, kachi kachi ropeway, kawagucho natural living centre, momiji corridor, Fuji ginkei hotspring.

Takayama for exploring and street food.

Take bus to shirakawa-go for shiroyama viewpoint, cafe ochudo.

Shirakawa-go/takayama for Shinhotaka ropeway.

Take train from Nagoya to Kyoto for higashi honganji, Nishi honganji, Fushimi inari shrine.

Kyoto for Sagano scenic railway to torokko arashiyama station to visit okochi sanso garden, bamboo forest, tenryuji temple, togetsukyo bridge n bamboo forest light up.

Kyoto/oska for higashiyama, gion, yasaka shrine, ninezaka, kiyomizudera,Osaka shopping street

Osaka for kuromon market, Osaka castle, genrouku sushi, ichiran.

Then back to sg.

Thank you very much for your advice and inputs.
Seems like quite a lot of places to cover in 2 weeks. May be a bit tiring to be always moving and changing accom

Sent from Sony G8342 using GAGT
Old 20-08-2018, 06:42 PM   #9288
High Supremacy Member

Any ryokan or osen hotel for solo traveller to recommend?

Also, shld i stay near Odawara or Hakone-Yumoto station?
Up for some advice. Thanks.

If not, was thinking of staying at capsule hotel near hakone yumoto le. Abt $50/night. Gonna leave luggage at tokyo then come back next day to check in.
Old 20-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #9289
High Supremacy Member

Up for some advice. Thanks.

If not, was thinking of staying at capsule hotel near hakone yumoto le. Abt $50/night. Gonna leave luggage at tokyo then come back next day to check in.
ryokan in hakone is rather expensive
Old 20-08-2018, 08:26 PM   #9290
High Supremacy Member

ryokan in hakone is rather expensive
Currently looking in airbnb to see who can accept solo traveller for 1 night.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #9291
Master Member

Currently looking in airbnb to see who can accept solo traveller for 1 night.
You sure about airbnb despite what happened? Capsule or those dorm for backpackers would be a safer bet.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #9292
High Supremacy Member

You sure about airbnb despite what happened? Capsule or those dorm for backpackers would be a safer bet.
Just had a quick look, only found 1 near odawara station and 1 more at hakone-yumoto. The rest all quite far from any stations.

Also, this 2 are alrdy almost double of what agoda hostels are offering. I think i stick back to hostel. Just need a place to sleep and maybe enjoy onsen after dinner.
Old 21-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #9293
High Supremacy Member

@vulpiggy

go Nikko, can take bus go up Irohazaka (unless road close)
take waifu go onsen....
Old 21-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #9294

Seems like quite a lot of places to cover in 2 weeks. May be a bit tiring to be always moving and changing accom

Sent from Sony G8342 using GAGT
Yeah I agree there are alot of places to cover.
Old 21-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #9295
Supremacy Member

any nice ryokans near tokyo with en suite open air baths to recommend? with real hot spring water ones... not those with hot tub only...

must be kids friendly also...

budget preferably not more than $600 for 2adults + 2kids (below 8)... have a not?

preferably not more than 2-3hrs drive from tokyo...
Old 21-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #9296
Master Member

any nice ryokans near tokyo with en suite open air baths to recommend? with real hot spring water ones... not those with hot tub only...

budget preferably not more than $600 for 2adults + 2kids (below 8)... have a not?

<$600 should be possible if your kids share your meals, and perhaps bedding, with you. This depends on the ryokan's policy.

Maybe can try https://yamanochaya.com/?

Even though there is no private bath you can look for smaller ryokans as chances are the public bath is quite empty.
Old 21-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #9297

Probably very low chance. •48,000 for 2A2C is too low a budget, even if you do not include meals. Nice and good will never be cheap. Moreover attached private bath would be more costly. You might want to search for rooms with rental family baths instead.
Old 21-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #9298
High Supremacy Member

hi all,
i will be planning to visit osaka, kobe, nara and kyoto for first 2 weeks of dec.
which city should i visit on the weekend, ie fri, sat, and sun?
Old 21-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #9299
Supremacy Member

Probably very low chance. •48,000 for 2A2C is too low a budget, even if you do not include meals. Nice and good will never be cheap. Moreover attached private bath would be more costly. You might want to search for rooms with rental family baths instead.
trying my luck coz i thought there should be more such ryokans in mainland... so maybe will push the price down?

previously those i tried in hokkaido were $800-1000...

having private bath is really enjoyable at your own time... can own time own target...
Old 21-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #9300

trying my luck coz i thought there should be more such ryokans in mainland... so maybe will push the price down?

previously those i tried in hokkaido were $800-1000...

having private bath is really enjoyable at your own time... can own time own target...
Thatís why I said they wonít be cheap. Search for weekday stays. And if your children are above 6, the ryokans/hotels will charge. $800-1000 would be a better budget for one night with attached private bath. Those in Hakone and Kawaguchiko probably would cost around there. Unless you wish to consider other areas such as Atami (easy access from Tokyo) or further inside of Izu Peninsula.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.