HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #9406

So far my experience and those of my fren's were positive for income. So far no problem with claim.
Unlike my experience with some other insurance, flight delay with letter from airline, still got a hard time claiming
Great for you then, my husbandís friend managed to claim from GE within a week whereas another took quite a long time to get his claim from Income. Both were on the same trip with flight delays.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #9407
Arch-Supremacy Member

Great for you then, my husband’s friend managed to claim from GE within a week whereas another took quite a long time to get his claim from Income. Both were on the same trip with flight delays.
Did they ask for more clarifications and proof? Or was it just slow.
Coz my experience with some other insurance was bad, clarify and clarify. If it is just slow, but submit once only, I dun mind. I haven't used GE though
Old 06-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #9408
Supremacy Member

Does most travel insurance cover voluntary trip cancelations due to natural disasters?
Old 06-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #9409
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does most travel insurance cover voluntary trip cancelations due to natural disasters?
I doubt so.
It will likely be out of goodwill if flights, attractions, accom etc are still operating, but u cancel on ur own
Old 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #9410
Great Supremacy Member

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says Kansai International Airport will partially resume operation by the end of Friday.

Speaking at a meeting held by the government's emergency taskforce on Thursday, Abe said domestic flights will resume on Friday. He added that international flights will restart as soon as they are ready.

Kansai International Airport has been closed due to flooding and other incidents caused by Typhoon Jebi.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20180906_17/
Old 06-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #9411
Arch-Supremacy Member

Only if you can prove that your trip is severely affected by the natural disasters until you had to cancel it - ie your hotel collapse and you can't find alternative; flights all cancelled and airlines unable to put you on alternate flights etc. Otherwise if you cancel on voluntary basis, I doubt insurance companies will cover it.

Do read your policy fine prints though. Different companies will have different practices.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #9412
Arch-Supremacy Member

Only if you can prove that your trip is severely affected by the natural disasters until you had to cancel it - ie your hotel collapse and you can't find alternative; flights all cancelled and airlines unable to put you on alternate flights etc. Otherwise if you cancel on voluntary basis, I doubt insurance companies will cover it.

Do read your policy fine prints though. Different companies will have different practices.
Suppose must have govt advisories.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #9413

Thinking whether to cancel my trip coming this month 24th to Osaka...
Old 06-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #9414
Arch-Supremacy Member

Suppose must have govt advisories.
Ya, or unless Japan's authorities ownself say tourists please avoid the area for the time being. Then maybe insurance companies will cover...
Old 06-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #9415
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thinking whether to cancel my trip coming this month 24th to Osaka...
Osaka should be more or less restored by 24th la. My mom going Hokkaido next Sat with my cousins lor, I wonder what will they decide to do...
Old 06-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #9416

Osaka should be more or less restored by 24th la. My mom going Hokkaido next Sat with my cousins lor, I wonder what will they decide to do...
Afraid that they will be still doing recovery work and transportation is still bad.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #9417
Arch-Supremacy Member

Afraid that they will be still doing recovery work and transportation is still bad.
Japanese work very fast one, unlike our country where one MRT escalator can be "down for maintenance" for 6 mths and still not in operation...
Old 06-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #9418

Japanese work very fast one, unlike our country where one MRT escalator can be "down for maintenance" for 6 mths and still not in operation...
Agree with you 200%. Still thinking about it.. Afraid will not be a good experience..
Old 06-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #9419
Master Member

Typhoon pass and go. Can be predictable but not earthquakes.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #9420
Supremacy Member

Ya, or unless Japan's authorities ownself say tourists please avoid the area for the time being. Then maybe insurance companies will cover...
if you bought before all these disasters started, can check with your insurance company if can change and if they will cover..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.