Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillieToh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding to Japan.
Japan Trip Adviser here.
Been to Japan 21 times already in 4 yrs.
I'll try my best to answer. (^_^)

Not to hl, but these are the places i have been to.

Hokkaido, Niigata, Tokyo, Yokohama, Shizuoka, Gotemba,
Nagoya, Hakone, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Okayama, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Tokushima

Rules:
1) Pls quote your original message when replying so that everybody knows what's going on.

Thank you. =)

Best regards,
Can

Where would be the first place you'd recommend for someone who hasn't been there? =)

glitz

Reaction score
Hi, can I ask if are we able to buy unlocked iPhone from the physical apple store itself in japan and can it be used in singapore? Does the phone have any difference (functions/usability, I read Jpn phone doesn't allow u to switch the camera to silent?) between the unlocked iPhone in singapore?
Thanks!

wwwsquallcom

Reaction score
Hi

Is it worth for me to buy any railway pass? Since it is 1 way. If but which one to buy?

Fly in Tokyo stay 2 days
Then move down to Koyoto and play and stop along the way. 6 Days.
Last 2 days at Osaka

Then fly to Taipei....

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Is it worth for me to buy any railway pass? Since it is 1 way. If but which one to buy?

Fly in Tokyo stay 2 days
Then move down to Koyoto and play and stop along the way. 6 Days.
Last 2 days at Osaka

Then fly to Taipei....

unlikely that u will need to get JR pass since the trip from Tokyo to Kyoto is 13600yen, while it cost 29110yen to get the JR pass

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
unlikely that u will need to get JR pass since the trip from Tokyo to Kyoto is 13600yen, while it cost 29110yen to get the JR pass

My family is also planning a one direction tour flying in at Tokyo and out from Osaka - had the same doubts that JR Pass may not be that worthwhile.

I suppose one key benefit of the JR Pass is also for convenience? Not sure how troublesome and time consuming it is to have to buy tickets for every train ride?

Hmm, can't quite make any heads or tails of the above website... is it a tour agent in Japan?
Chrome's Google Translate doesn't really help much...

Last edited:

ilikehandphones

Reaction score
going to my first solo trip this november ...flight will reach kansai around 10-11 pm timing..now dunno which option should i opt for? ...stay/sleep at airport until morning then get icoca combo...or just travel to osaka or kyoto on before last train then stay the night at love hotel/mcd at either osaka/kyoto before going to hostel that i book in the morning.

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going to my first solo trip this november ...flight will reach kansai around 10-11 pm timing..now dunno which option should i opt for? ...stay/sleep at airport until morning then get icoca combo...or just travel to osaka or kyoto on before last train then stay the night at love hotel/mcd at either osaka/kyoto before going to hostel that i book in the morning.

I would rather travel to Osaka and crash there than to stay at the Airport. Personal preference. Can crash at a capsule hotel or manga cafe as well.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My family is also planning a one direction tour flying in at Tokyo and out from Osaka - had the same doubts that JR Pass may not be that worthwhile.

I suppose one key benefit of the JR Pass is also for convenience? Not sure how troublesome and time consuming it is to have to buy tickets for every train ride?

Hmm, can't quite make any heads or tails of the above website... is it a tour agent in Japan?

buying tickets is easy, not troublesome at all.
and u can get stored-value cards if u dun want to buy tickets every time.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if can make it to Osaka then I would stay in Osaka. have proper sleep then next day can enjoy more.

but if u planning to sleep in mcd, then might as well stay airport better

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Here's an English explanation on Puratto Kodama
Puratto Kodama: Cheap Shinkansen Tickets | nihonshock

take note of the pricing has changed to higher one as listed in the original jp site. Eg Tokyo-Kyoto cost 10100(off peak), 11400(peak). normal price for the same route is 13600.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This info is in English, should be better to understand.

http://nihonshock.com/2010/02/puratto-kodama-cheap-shinkansen-tickets/
TOKYO ASAKUSA GUIDE - Puratto Kodama

chainer22

Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,

Do you think staying 8 nights in Tokyo is too long? I am aiming to see much of the city life and also day trips out to nearby cities and maybe Lake Kawaguchiko too. Thank you!

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It really depends...
For me, i would rather u take some time to explore the neighboring cities as well. =)

skyblood

Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,
Is my pricing for the JR correct ?? where can I get a time table of the JR ?

Tokyo to Kyoto 13,080
Kyoto to Osaka 560
Osaka to Kojima 7400
Kojima to Osaka 7400
Osaka to Tokyo 14,450
Total 42,890

Thanks in advance.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,

Tokyo to Kyoto 13,080
Kyoto to Osaka 560
Osaka to Kojima 7400
Kojima to Osaka 7400
Osaka to Tokyo 14,450
Total 42,890

Thanks in advance.
You can simply use Hyperdia.com for your timing , fare and transfer information.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can,

Tokyo to Kyoto 13,080
Kyoto to Osaka 560
Osaka to Kojima 7400
Kojima to Osaka 7400
Osaka to Tokyo 14,450
Total 42,890

Thanks in advance.

see here for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.