HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2018, 07:31 AM   #9751
Arch-Supremacy Member

If it's those small ramen joints (say, only 10 seats and pple are queueing right behind you while you eat), if I'm with a companion and he finishes faster than me, how ah? Can he sit there wait for me or its better for him to vacate his seat and wait for me outside the shop so that the next customer can be seated?
Ask ur companion eat slower to match ur pace
Old 05-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #9752
Master Member

Hi guys,
Need recomendation, which has the best overall Foliage viewing experience:
Okutama or Lake Kawaguchi or Oshino Hakkai ? Or any other place? I intend to join a day tour

Thank you!
If it's just foliage viewing, Okutama will look very nice but Kawaguchiko and its surrounding areas with Fuji in the background is hard to beat.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #9753
Master Member

If it's those small ramen joints (say, only 10 seats and pple are queueing right behind you while you eat), if I'm with a companion and he finishes faster than me, how ah? Can he sit there wait for me or its better for him to vacate his seat and wait for me outside the shop so that the next customer can be seated?
Some very popular ramen shops like Fuunji and the one in Ikebukuro (cant remember the name) have people queuing behind you. To avoid stares, best is to wait outside or ask your friend to match your speed lah.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #9754
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some very popular ramen shops like Fuunji and the one in Ikebukuro (cant remember the name) have people queuing behind you. To avoid stares, best is to wait outside or ask your friend to match your speed lah.

wah.. so stressful if eat in such restaurant.
luckily i not a foodie, i probably wun want to go to such restaurants
Old 05-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #9755

wah.. so stressful if eat in such restaurant.
luckily i not a foodie, i probably wun want to go to such restaurants
Jingisukan places like Daruma in Sapporo are like this too. Aji no Sanpei for miso ramen in Sapporo likewise. But thankful that they let the customers sit down and wait, because waiting time is at least one hour.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #9756
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya ya, I'm going Fuunji lor, that's why asked here first. I also think it's not very nice if he is to sit there to wait for me. As what AHSS and evilerniex had advised, I've told my friend either his eating pace matches mine or if he finishes earlier he should go out wait. He's ok with waiting for me outside la, so it's settled.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #9757

Is there any outlet store in or near Tokyo worth going.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #9758
Great Supremacy Member

Is there any outlet store in or near Tokyo worth going.
Yes, Gotemba for me..Direct express bus from Shinjuku..
Old 06-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #9759

Ya ya, I'm going Fuunji lor, that's why asked here first. I also think it's not very nice if he is to sit there to wait for me. As what AHSS and evilerniex had advised, I've told my friend either his eating pace matches mine or if he finishes earlier he should go out wait. He's ok with waiting for me outside la, so it's settled.
I’ve been to Fuunji, as long as your pacing is not so far apart it’s ok to sit there for a little bit. They generally like to seat customers in orde anyway so if the next customers are in pairs they’ll still wait for you to finish then seat the pairs anyway. Just pay attention around you and observe others — should be fine.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #9760
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can recommend a hotel near to Hilton Shinjuku and/or Hyatt Shinjuku ? My company paying for a stay there in these hotels. But my family want might stay in a hotel nearby to save cost. What would be a safe and nearby hotel.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #9761
Arch-Supremacy Member

Iíve been to Fuunji, as long as your pacing is not so far apart itís ok to sit there for a little bit. They generally like to seat customers in orde anyway so if the next customers are in pairs theyíll still wait for you to finish then seat the pairs anyway. Just pay attention around you and observe others ó should be fine.
Ok! Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:56 PM   #9762

Can recommend a hotel near to Hilton Shinjuku and/or Hyatt Shinjuku ? My company paying for a stay there in these hotels. But my family want might stay in a hotel nearby to save cost. What would be a safe and nearby hotel.
Keio Plaza Tokyo? Or you can take a look at Google Maps for smaller business hotels around there.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #9763

Heading over in this upcoming mid november to 1st of december!
Gonna cover west japan! What are some food i should particularly try? (Mostly curious about food in kyushu & chugoku as i never been to that part before!) i'm assuming what to wear is quite similar to spring period? Am i right?
Old 06-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #9764
High Supremacy Member

Yes, Gotemba for me..Direct express bus from Shinjuku..
Bro where to take and can use Jr pass?
Old 06-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #9765

Bro where to take and can use Jr pass?
From Shinjuku Busta. Buses are not covered by JR Pass. If you are holding JR Pass (nationwide), take the train to Gotemba. Thereís free shuttle buses to the premium outlets. Itís going to be a long ride, close to 2.5hrs one way.

https://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/m/gotemba/access/bus/
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.