HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2018, 01:04 AM   #9871
High Supremacy Member

I'll be arriving at Narita at 830am. I have a flight to catch at Haneda at 12pm. Is that too tight? 90mins for travel from Narita to Haneda. That will give me 1hr to checkin and clear security. Or should i aim for 4 hrs in between Narita and Haneda to be safer?
I have taken this route from narita to Haneda in the afternoon.

I can say that you can get out of immigration gate by 9.30am. You need to buy take Keisei Skyliner to reach Ueno within 50 mins and then transfer to first hibiya line and then to other airport express on Asakusa Line to Haneda which may take another 50 mins.

You have no time since you may reach haneda by 11.30am to 12pm.
Old 22-10-2018, 06:36 AM   #9872
Greater Supremacy Member

I'll be arriving at Narita at 830am. I have a flight to catch at Haneda at 12pm. Is that too tight? 90mins for travel from Narita to Haneda. That will give me 1hr to checkin and clear security. Or should i aim for 4 hrs in between Narita and Haneda to be safer?
Best to avoid this transfer altogether

Last edited by snap99; 22-10-2018 at 06:38 AM..
Old 22-10-2018, 08:13 AM   #9873
High Supremacy Member

do you meant buying stuff in japan and shipping to popstation or your home ?
Buying stuffs in Japan and ship to Kansai Post office...
Old 22-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #9874
High Supremacy Member

Experts, can Kawaguchiko be a day trip from Tokyo? Stupidly booked my entire trip accom at Tokyo and too late to cancel. Can't spend a night at Hakone / Kawaguchiko.
It takes 1.5 hours via bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko station directly. U can try leave very early and then return back to Tokyo very late.
Old 22-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #9875
VD
Supremacy Member

Experts, can Kawaguchiko be a day trip from Tokyo? Stupidly booked my entire trip accom at Tokyo and too late to cancel. Can't spend a night at Hakone / Kawaguchiko.
possible, take an early bus ride to the lake and take the last bus out. You can still go up to the 5th station and the ropeway.

Remember to book your departure ticket too
Old 22-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #9876
High Supremacy Member

possible, take an early bus ride to the lake and take the last bus out. You can still go up to the 5th station and the ropeway.

Is the 5th station worth it? Its a 1hr bus ride up or shorter with a car.
Old 22-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #9877
VD
Supremacy Member

personally, just for the experience. U can visit the shrine and do close up photography of Mt Fuji
Old 22-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #9878
Master Member

At Oishi Park

there is plentiful of car park lots there
This is really nice. Which part of the year was it? Looks like May-June?
Old 22-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #9879
Master Member

It takes 1.5 hours via bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko station directly. U can try leave very early and then return back to Tokyo very late.

Nice, I shall do that, Kawaguchiko looks really pretty!

How about Saitama, is it worth Visiting? Deciding between Saitama and Yokohama now.
Old 22-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #9880
Master Member

Now that Kawaguchiko is settled, i need figure out the bus timing and location from Kawaguchiko to Hakone Yumoto / Togendai.

This is the plan or route that i saw online.

For kawaguchiko to Gotemba station, this route should be under Fujikyuko Bus and covered by Fuji-Hakone Pass? http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/route/de...d/1/#timetable

Then from Gotemba Station to Togendai via Odakyu bus V all the way.
Yes both routes are covered by the Fuji-Hakone Pass. At Gotemba station, you need to cross over the station to the other side iirc. You can stop at the premium outlet if you have time. They should have buses to Togendai or Hakone Yumoto from the outlet directly but if not, you can go back to Gotemba station for a direct bus to Togendai (takes about 45mins). The route is quite scenic.
Old 22-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #9881
VD
Supremacy Member

This is really nice. Which part of the year was it? Looks like May-June?
April, we were chasing the last bit of Sakura at Amori
Old 22-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #9882
Master Member

Edited my info after doing some initial research.

My father would like to visit the Taisekiji temple near Mt Fuji. As such, i would have to make another day trip to Kawaguchiko, sacrificing Yokohama. I will also have to buy the Fuji Hakone pass (3 days). This can be bought early in my trip so as to reserve seats for the Chuo bus?

These are the research that i had found, do correct or recommend me if im wrong.

Day 6:

Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko Station via Chuo Highway Bus (1.5 hrs)
Collect rental car for 1 day near Kawaguchiko Station
Drive to Temple (1+1 hr back and fro)
Drive to other attractions in Kawaguchiko
Check in at Kawaguchiko Hotel

Day 7:

Wake up early to return car
Kawaguchiko to Yamanakako (35 mins via Fujikyu bus)
Yamanakako to Gotemba (40 mins via Fujikyu bus)
Gotemba to Sengoku (25 mins via Odakyu highway bus)
Sengoku to Togendai (20 mins via Hakone bus)
From here, we will start the hakone experience on the top half of circle, clockwise towards Hakone Yumoto

Day 8:
After breakfast, check out from Hotel and head to Moto-Hakone for shrine and torii gate.
Get onto the pirate ship towards Togendai and then to Hakonemochi just for the experience and hope to see Mt Fuji (20+25 mins).
Get onto a bus to Mishima Skywalk from Hakonemochi (20 mins)
Get onto a bus from Mishima Skywalk to Hakonemochi then back to Hakone yumoto
Purchase romancecar tix back to Shinjuku directly.
Yes this is doable. Day 7 can explore Owakudani and Gora too. Which hotel/ryokan will you be staying at?
Old 22-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #9883
High Supremacy Member

Yes both routes are covered by the Fuji-Hakone Pass. At Gotemba station, you need to cross over the station to the other side iirc. You can stop at the premium outlet if you have time. They should have buses to Togendai or Hakone Yumoto from the outlet directly but if not, you can go back to Gotemba station for a direct bus to Togendai (takes about 45mins). The route is quite scenic.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Saw ytd that from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, there is a direct bus route of 1 hr 15 mins, no need get off at Yamanakako and search for another bus to Gotemba.

As for premium outlet, my parents are not shoppers and im not that interested in the brands there as well. Only reason i would go there is if there is a clear view of Mt Fuji as background with the buildings. If not, i will just head to Togendai to start off the top half of the route in clockwise. Then finish the bottom half of route on the next day along with Mishima skywalk as well in the morning. I should be back at Hakone Yumoto around 12-1pm, either eat there or at Mishima Skywalk bah.

Yes this is doable. Day 7 can explore Owakudani and Gora too. Which hotel/ryokan will you be staying at?
I might also push the Chureito Pagoda to day 7 early morning since there should be lesser clouds over Mt Fuji, hopefully.

Top half of circle route for me will be togendai to owadaku to gora to hakone yumoto.

Bottom half of circle route for me will be moto hakone to shrine to Lake Aishi cruise tour back to hakoneyumotomachi then bus to mishima skywalk.

For hakone yumoto ryokan, im staying at Ichinoyu Honkan, with gourmet dinner/breakfast plan + 2 sets of Kobe Beef. Reviews seem decent and one of the reasonably priced with dinner and private open air bath.

Last edited by shadow84; 22-10-2018 at 11:05 AM..
Old 22-10-2018, 11:05 AM   #9884
Master Member

Thanks for the confirmation.

Saw ytd that from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, there is a direct bus route of 1 hr 15 mins, no need get off at Yamanakako and search for another bus to Gotemba.

As for premium outlet, my parents are not shoppers and im not that interested in the brands there as well. Only reason i would go there is if there is a clear view of Mt Fuji as background with the buildings. If not, i will just head to Togendai to start off the top half of the route in clockwise. Then finish the bottom half of route on the next day along with Mishima skywalk as well in the morning. I should be back at Hakone Yumoto around 12-1pm, either eat there or at Mishima Skywalk bah.
Yes, there's a direct bus but with stops along the way to it'd take around 1hr 30mins or more.

Just a tip, from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, sit on the left side. Half way up the mountain, there's a stop with a great view of Mt Fuji!

From Gotemba to Togendai, sit on the right side to view the valley.

Ichinoyu looks very nice. Good choice!
Old 22-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #9885
High Supremacy Member

Yes, there's a direct bus but with stops along the way to it'd take around 1hr 30mins or more.

Just a tip, from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, sit on the left side. Half way up the mountain, there's a stop with a great view of Mt Fuji!

From Gotemba to Togendai, sit on the right side to view the valley.
Thanks for the headup. You mentioned a stop in between Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, is it for toilet breaks? Can buy food there?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.