HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #9916

u can search on hyperdia to see wat is the earliest train.
for example, first train from umeda to tanimachi 4 chrome (for osaka castle) will reach at 5:15
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/se...d&sum_target=7

where in kawaguchiko do u plan to catch sunrise?
Ah great, thanks I'll check out Hyperdia for the train schedule.
Aside, was thinking to get this shot or this. Will be staying at Lakeland Mizunosato

Any idea?
Old 29-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #9917
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ah great, thanks I'll check out Hyperdia for the train schedule.
Aside, was thinking to get this shot or this. Will be staying at Lakeland Mizunosato

Any idea?
the first pic is taken from chureito pagoda. u need to check if there are early trains to shimoyoshida station. and also check with the area is open before sunrise.

the second pic is taken from the northern shore of lake kawaguchi. if the bus doesnt start so early, u may want to walk over from ur accom.

lake kawaguchi is north of mt fuji. i got feeling u will not be able to get a sunrise shot with mt fuji. u may want to rent a car and drive to other lakes on the western side of mt fuji.
Old 29-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #9918
High Supremacy Member

2nd pic may be from Oishi park.
Old 29-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #9919

2nd pic may be from Oishi park.
the first pic is taken from chureito pagoda. u need to check if there are early trains to shimoyoshida station. and also check with the area is open before sunrise.

the second pic is taken from the northern shore of lake kawaguchi. if the bus doesnt start so early, u may want to walk over from ur accom.

lake kawaguchi is north of mt fuji. i got feeling u will not be able to get a sunrise shot with mt fuji. u may want to rent a car and drive to other lakes on the western side of mt fuji.
Did some further digging and it seems 2nd picture was taken from Arakurayama Sengen Park. I'll check out the train schedule to the nearest station. Thanks for the information!
Old 29-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #9920
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did some further digging and it seems 2nd picture was taken from Arakurayama Sengen Park. I'll check out the train schedule to the nearest station. Thanks for the information!
arakuyama sengen park and chureito pagoda is the same place, and that is the first pic. 2nd pic with mt fuji in background and lake in front is likely somewhere in the northern part of lake kawaguchi, so it is possible to be oishi park as mentioned by shadow84
Old 29-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #9921
Master Member

Asking on behalf of colleague, if she wanna head to Kawaguchiko only, is there any pass similar to Hakone pass? The closest i can find is Mt Fuji pass but it does not include any transport from Tokyo to Kawaguchiko. Also, it comes in 1 day pass only which seems not worth if wanna stay. 2 days pass is at 8000 yen which is same price as Fuji-Hakone pass.
I used tokyo wide pass but i went to other place since pass is 3 days.
Old 30-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #9922
Supremacy Member

From shinjuku, to go kamakura n enoshima on a day trip which route or free passes are preferred. Would like to take the shonan monorail though
Old 30-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #9923

Did anyone use before hakone luggage transport service to deliver your luggage to hotel? Is it reliable?

And my friend suggested me to get sucia card. Said that can be even use in supermarket. Is that true?

Sent from HUAWEI VKY-L29 using GAGT
Old 30-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #9924
High Supremacy Member

Did anyone use before hakone luggage transport service to deliver your luggage to hotel? Is it reliable?

And my friend suggested me to get sucia card. Said that can be even use in supermarket. Is that true?

Used before.

No issue with it, deliver to ryokan.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #9925
Supremacy Member

May I ask any expert if first time go japan is it better to stick to Tokyo? Then second time can make use first experience explore other japan cities. How many days is consider enough in tokyo
Old 30-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #9926
Arch-Supremacy Member

May I ask any expert if first time go japan is it better to stick to Tokyo? Then second time can make use first experience explore other japan cities. How many days is consider enough in tokyo
I would think so.
Easier to get ard in Tokyo coz many signs in English and ppl can speak a bit of English.
Once u are comfortable with the train system, u can explore further.
One week will be good for a start
Old 31-10-2018, 11:44 AM   #9927
High Supremacy Member

Not a must. If you have good direction sense, it is not a problem to visit many cities where many foreigners go.
Old 31-10-2018, 11:53 AM   #9928
Supremacy Member

if u are the lazy type never do any research or homework kind... yes i think first time visit go tokyo experience first better...

if u are the hardworking and research enuff... should be ok to venture other areas...
Old 31-10-2018, 11:58 AM   #9929

Used before.

No issue with it, deliver to ryokan.
Ok thanks!

Old 31-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #9930
Arch-Supremacy Member

Willer express bus tickets on sale till 5 Nov:

http://willerexpress.com/st/3/en/pc/...-sale/?mid=703
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.