Using JR line or
Odakyu line.
Any free pass worth it?
Old 31-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #9932

Shinjuku to Kamakura and endoshima, recommended travel route:-
Using JR line or
Odakyu line.
Any free pass worth it?
I bought Enoshima-Kamakura Freepass from Odakyu Sightseeing Service Centre located at Shinjuku Station during my visit in last December. The freepass includes a round trip ticket from Shinjuku to Fujisawa (We topped up the limited express surcharge to ride on Odakyu Romancecar and traveled to Katase-Enoshima instead), unlimited rides on Enoden line (Enoshima electric railway) and discounts on participating facilities such as Enoshima ESCAR, aquarium, lighthouse observatory tower etc. For more info on this freepass, refer to odakyu website.

I read that you wish to ride the Shonan monorail, for that you have to ride from Ofuna station which is about 51 mins from Shinjuku station. You may get the Kamakura-Enoshima Pass (JR) which includes unlimited rides on Kamakura-Enoshima Shonan Monorail, JR Line between Fujisawa Station, Ofuna Station and Kamakura Station, and Enoshima Electric Railway. You can buy this pass at JR Ofuna, Fujisawa, Kamakura and Kita Kamakura Stations only.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #9933

Osaka Trip

Hi hi, can give some advice.
I would be travelling with kids and elderly from Kansai Airport to airbnb at Nippombashi area.

1) Do I need to get any train tickets in advance online for the train from airport to Nippombashi? (I am afraid the train tickets might be sold out)
Or should I just buy on the spot when I reached Kansai? (in case we decided to just eat dinner at Kansai first)

2) Which tickets to get for the express train? (i.e. the non-stop one)

3) What about the return train tickets from Nippombashi to Kansai airport?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #9934
Arch-Supremacy Member

I would be travelling with kids and elderly from Kansai Airport to airbnb at Nippombashi area.

1) Do I need to get any train tickets in advance online for the train from airport to Nippombashi? (I am afraid the train tickets might be sold out)
Or should I just buy on the spot when I reached Kansai? (in case we decided to just eat dinner at Kansai first)

Thanks in advance!
there is no direct train from kansai airport to nippombashi.

there is no reserved tickets for the nankai airport express train, or the JR Kansai airport rapid service.
only ltd. exp haruka has reserved seats. and even then, u will probably be able to get tickets on the spot.

for nippombashi, there isnt much time difference taking ltd express haruka or normal train. so i would suggest just take normal trains which cost a lot less.
tft2806 likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #9935
Supremacy Member

Thanks in advance!
There are many trains to central osaka like nipponbashi area. dun think u need to make any online reservations.

Google maps:
https://www.google.com.sg/maps/dir/K...34.6595943!3e3
tft2806 likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #9936

Thanks for all replies.

Apologies but I saw the Osaka amazing pass (1-day & 2-days).
Have anyone bought it and found it to be useful?
If I am only targeting 1~2 venues per day (eg. airbnb --> Osaka Aquarium --> Dotonboki --> airbnb), does it make sense to get amazing pass? Or just a suica is sufficient.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #9937
Supremacy Member

Thanks for all replies.

If I am only targeting 1~2 venues per day (eg. airbnb --> Osaka Aquarium --> Dotonboki --> airbnb), does it make sense to get amazing pass? Or just a suica is sufficient.
amazing pass can go visit many places for free, but does not cover osaka aquarium. if u have no plans to visit the free places, then not worth to get the pass.

each subway trip costs around 180yen or 230yen within osaka city only. you can purchase/top up icoca card instead. osaka does not sell suica card.
tft2806 likes this.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #9938
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for all replies.

u may want to consider this instead:
https://www.kaiyukan.com/language/eng/kaiyu.html

but do compute and see if the pass is worth for the places u are going
tft2806 likes this.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #9939
Master Member

can recommend a place for 1 person to eat snow/king crab which is not to costly in sapporo?
Old 03-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #9940
Master Member

can recommend a place for 1 person to eat snow/king crab which is not to costly in sapporo?
King crab i think kani honke got, not sure how much the whole crab is as i ordered one of the sets. My set got the leg i think? Various price range for the sets.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #9941
Supremacy Member

You could try your luck at the two morning markets too and see if any stalls selling individual legs.

Anyway like saffron said, kani honke has lots of crab. Wife and I had one set with snow, hairy and King crab.

Last edited by deodorant; 04-11-2018 at 11:52 AM..
Old 05-11-2018, 10:15 AM   #9942
High Supremacy Member

Anyone can help recommend Kobe Beef teppanyaki, preferably around 15k yen, max 20k yen? A lot i see from googling end up showing wagyu beef in the menu.

Tempted to try Shima Steak.

Last edited by shadow84; 05-11-2018 at 10:18 AM..
Old 05-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #9943
High Supremacy Member

Anyone can help recommend Kobe Beef teppanyaki, preferably around 15k yen, max 20k yen? A lot i see from googling end up showing wagyu beef in the menu.

Tempted to try Shima Steak.
Haha zeh zeh are u ard kansai region? Dun waste time on simi kobe liao. Go mie prefecture, matsusaka for matsusaka beef. Abit out of place though, but gd as there are not many foreigners there
Old 05-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #9944
High Supremacy Member

Haha zeh zeh are u ard kansai region? Dun waste time on simi kobe liao. Go mie prefecture, matsusaka for matsusaka beef. Abit out of place though, but gd as there are not many foreigners there
Sadly, my trip this time is based in tokyo with side missions to kawaguchiko, hakone and yokohama nia. lol. Ordered 2 sets of kobe beef for hakone dinner at 5k yen each, but i dun expect top end parts. Just wanna have my last good dinner at a Kobe beef teppanyaki, if not i go find buffet style wagyu beef yakiniku.

I am also considering kuroge, matsusaka or yama-something beef as well.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #9945

Sadly, my trip this time is based in tokyo with side missions to kawaguchiko, hakone and yokohama nia. lol. Ordered 2 sets of kobe beef for hakone dinner at 5k yen each, but i dun expect top end parts. Just wanna have my last good dinner at a Kobe beef teppanyaki, if not i go find buffet style wagyu beef yakiniku.

I am also considering kuroge, matsusaka or yama-something beef as well.
Steakhouse Satou for Matsuzaka beef then. Affordable too.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.