Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
I planned to get to Nara via Namba and to ride Kintetsu Nara line. The Kintetsu Nara station is closer to Nara Park than the JR Nara station.

Heres' something on Naramichi:
Nara Travel: Naramachi
Just a passing by spot i don't think the detour will take me too much time.
4103_02.gif

Will take a similar route like this but end with Naramichi

http://sateiyuusui.jp/sight/images/map_big_img2.gif

Took kintetsu Nara from Osaka to Nara then to Kyoto
Stored luggage in limited big lockers at station Nara
Then walked around the station one afternoon - see ppl feed deer take photo, take tons of maple photo then visit a few shrines at Nara park shop a bit yup killed 4-5 hrs if u r like me keep taking photos.

No need follow route lah take free map n move. Lost then seek sos from ppl map or Google haha. Don't think will b lost, follow crowd can le if u go during autumn

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
How do i go about buying concert tix in Japan? Heard require a Japan contact number and credit card?

Whose concert? Some concert from avex use tickebo that allows foreigner to buy when u signup in English - no need jap number address or credit card.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS.

Can you help me with my travel dates.

Travel date is 1-15 Feb, will be going Tokyo and Hokkaido.

I understand that the Sapporo Winter Festival will be in the 1st week of Feb.

My question is, should I stay 1 night in Tokyo before moving on to Hokkaido or take a domestic flight to Hokkaido straight away from Tokyo? I touch down at Handa at 4pm on the 1st Feb.

Thank you.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS.

Can you help me with my travel dates.

Travel date is 1-15 Feb, will be going Tokyo and Hokkaido.

I understand that the Sapporo Winter Festival will be in the 1st week of Feb.

My question is, should I stay 1 night in Tokyo before moving on to Hokkaido or take a domestic flight to Hokkaido straight away from Tokyo? I touch down at Handa at 4pm on the 1st Feb.

Thank you.
Suggest u stay one night, cos u might be tired after the flight... =)

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest u stay one night, cos u might be tired after the flight... =)

Thank you, will look for a suitable hotel near Haneda then.

Do you have any recommendations for travel within Hokkaido itself? I note that the train line is operated by JR, so will the JR pass be suitable here? Also, is it safe to drive in the winter?

lillyelf

Reaction score
No leh. For eg. this concert:

NEWS

Please come back later

l-tike is the online ticketing for Lawsons. If you can pay for the tickets from them at the conbini, you don't need a Japanese credit card.

Btw the concert you linked isn't selling tickets. It's actually balloting for tickets, so you need to provide a Japanese address. Payment is only available at the conbini though.

jimmy_sg

Reaction score
l-tike is the online ticketing for Lawsons. If you can pay for the tickets from them at the conbini, you don't need a Japanese credit card.

Btw the concert you linked isn't selling tickets. It's actually balloting for tickets, so you need to provide a Japanese address. Payment is only available at the conbini though.

I know. But no valid jap hp number and address how to ballot....?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Loveless_80

Reaction score
is it better to use the Docomo Wifi for visitors or get the prepaid data sim?

worried abt the reception of the docomo wifi

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it better to use the Docomo Wifi for visitors or get the prepaid data sim?

worried abt the reception of the docomo wifi

Its obvious that sim is always better. But if your usage pattern is always stationary and city based, wifi can meet most of your needs. It also boils down to your budget. Sim is apparently more expensive than wifi but its strength is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.