Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #91
Supremacy Member

The best credit card is the one that you feel most comfortable to use lor

Anyway, unlike in the past, VISA and Mastercard are widely accepted in shops or attractions that accepts credit cards

No many smaller Japs shops still accept cash only. When in debt, just ask.

print this sentence out and show it to the cashier when in doubt

クレジットカードで払えますか?

basically it says 'do you accept credit cards'
kureji-to kado de watashi emasuka? lol

but japan people prefer to deal in cash
Old 12-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #92

kureji-to kado de watashi emasuka? lol

but japan people prefer to deal in cash
Yup, but when I was in Jap, I simply said 'Watashi Kado emasuka?

Quite broken grammer I'm sure, but the Japs still understand what I said

This is impt at gas stations because the attendent will ask you your mode of payment. If you really cant form a full sentence, at least pronouce the key words clearly

Cash= 现金= hiankim (100% Taiwanese pronoucation here, just like most Kanji used in Jap)

Credit card= Kado- slang for the word 'Card'
Old 12-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #93
Supremacy Member

Yup, but when I was in Jap, I simply said 'Watashi Kado emasuka?

Quite broken grammer I'm sure, but the Japs still understand what I said

This is impt at gas stations because the attendent will ask you your mode of payment. If you really cant form a full sentence, at least pronouce the key words clearly

Cash= 现金= hiankim (100% Taiwanese pronoucation here, just like most Kanji used in Jap)

Credit card= Kado- slang for the word 'Card'
cash=okane
Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #94

The best credit card is the one that you feel most comfortable to use lor

Anyway, unlike in the past, VISA and Mastercard are widely accepted in shops or attractions that accepts credit cards

No many smaller Japs shops still accept cash only. When in debt, just ask.

print this sentence out and show it to the cashier when in doubt

クレジットカードで払えますか?

basically it says 'do you accept credit cards'
oic... indeed a pro is tokyo hotter than singapore in summer? how about places like osaka, okinawa & hokkaido?
Old 12-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #95

cash=okane

Hian kim also can.

My favorite Jap word... Yamatei... no thanks to the dubious channels from which the word is often used by pretty SYTs
DouBleB likes this.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #96

oic... indeed a pro is tokyo hotter than singapore in summer? how about places like osaka, okinawa & hokkaido?
I can only ans the Hokkaido part.. since that's where I went before and will go again

Check accuweather.com for the latest weather update. But for Hokkaido, being in the artic circle, their summer won't be as hot as SG de la, ard 25-26c max during mid day. And trust me, temp will plunge considerably towards late afternoon and its normal to experience a 10-15c difference between mid day and night temp in many parts of Hokkaido.

You still need to pack thick sweaters along even for summer trip. Themal underwear may be a good idea if you want to stay comfortable outdoors for long period of time in the evening. Rem hor, winds is strong in Hokkaido.

But what I've just said above is based on past yr average. Winter was unusually long this yr and until 3 weeks ago when I was there, average daytime temp was ard 14-17c and I got to enjoy a 4c weather at Memembetsu Airport area upon arrivalNight time temp was ard 4-8c back then
Old 12-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #97

Hian kim also can.

My favorite Jap word... Yamatei... no thanks to the dubious channels from which the word is often used by pretty SYTs
it's "gen kin" for cash. And you mean "yamete". Yamatei means a mountain pavilion
nnskage likes this.
But in rest from pain.[/SIZE]
Old 12-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #98

I can only ans the Hokkaido part.. since that's where I went before and will go again

Check accuweather.com for the latest weather update. But for Hokkaido, being in the artic circle, their summer won't be as hot as SG de la, ard 25-26c max during mid day. And trust me, temp will plunge considerably towards late afternoon and its normal to experience a 10-15c difference between mid day and night temp in many parts of Hokkaido.

You still need to pack thick sweaters along even for summer trip. Themal underwear may be a good idea if you want to stay comfortable outdoors for long period of time in the evening. Rem hor, winds is strong in Hokkaido.

But what I've just said above is based on past yr average. Winter was unusually long this yr and until 3 weeks ago when I was there, average daytime temp was ard 14-17c and I got to enjoy a 4c weather at Memembetsu Airport area upon arrivalNight time temp was ard 4-8c back then

wow. even in early august? then i must go hokkaido.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #99

it's "gen kin" for cash. And you mean "yamete". Yamatei means a mountain pavilion

Opps I stand corrected. I'm no good with english spelling for Japs pronouncation. But I guess you guys know what I mean la

Yup yamatei=山亭

yamete= no, don't

Geez one can learn Japs while watching ermm... interesting videos too
Old 12-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #100
Supremacy Member

Opps I stand corrected. I'm no good with english spelling for Japs pronouncation. But I guess you guys know what I mean la

Yup yamatei=山亭

yamete= no, don't

kimochi?
Old 12-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #101

wow. even in early august? then i must go hokkaido.
Aug is the super peak season in Hokkaido. You'd be hard pressed to find a hotel room in most of their cities and towns, much less any good deals to go with it.

FYI humidity is quite low (but not as bone dry as eastern USA) over there so you won't feel mucky like in SG. This is why Hokkaido temp and weather is much sought after by everyne
Old 12-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #102
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yup yamatei=山亭

yamete= no, don't

lol...haha..
Old 12-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #103
Arch-Supremacy Member

Aug is the super peak season in Hokkaido. You'd be hard pressed to find a hotel room in most of their cities and towns, much less any good deals to go with it.

FYI humidity is quite low (but not as bone dry as eastern USA) over there so you won't feel mucky like in SG. This is why Hokkaido temp and weather is much sought after by everyne
now is still hot loh went end may still ok June period is sibei hot...
Old 12-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #104

now is still hot loh went end may still ok June period is sibei hot...
u mean hokkaido???
Old 12-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #105

u mean hokkaido???
Well a 25c weather will be considered hot if it has been <15c the night before. It's all relative.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.