Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #1051
Banned

Question on Shinkansen
If I am enroute to alight at shin-osaka,but decide to go kyoto last min. Can I do that if I am on a reserved sear.
Old 29-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #1052
Supremacy Member

Question on Shinkansen
If I am enroute to alight at shin-osaka,but decide to go kyoto last min. Can I do that if I am on a reserved sear.
Y not?

If u are coming from Tokyo, that is...
Old 29-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #1053

Heard that the menu for electronic items like cameras bought in Japan are all in Japanese and there won't be an English menu. Is that true?

Hmm, if it's true, fellow travellers from SG still buy from places like BIC Camera? How to read menu?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #1054

Hi, do you know how I can purchase Tokyo Disneysea tickets and yet still can get those original tickets to keep as mementos (not e-tickets)? I am going in end Mar 2014...thanks in advance!!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #1055
Supremacy Member

Heard that the menu for electronic items like cameras bought in Japan are all in Japanese and there won't be an English menu. Is that true?

Hmm, if it's true, fellow travellers from SG still buy from places like BIC Camera? How to read menu?
Some cameras like Canon got English menu...
Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #1056
Master Member

agaga lor gt symbol
auto mode no need menu one

educate to be a dog but i simply just WoW
Old 03-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #1057
Supremacy Member

Not all. Anyway if you are looking for cameras and lenses, I would suggest Fujiya Camera in Nakano instead of BIC.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #1058

Hi everyone, will like to check whether is it advisable to buy admission tickets online to universal studios and Disneysea or to just buy when we reach the entrance? is it very crowd to buy at entrance? Thanks!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #1059

Question on phones.
If I were to be in Japan for 6 months (study exchange), what kind of phone plan should i get? Data only?
Old 05-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #1060
Supremacy Member

do u have a student visa?
Old 05-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #1061

do u have a student visa?
yeap!

atleast10chars
Old 06-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #1062

Will be heading to Tokyo from Osaka on 10/3. Flight back to sg is on 11/3 11am.. Pls recommend which area to stay at considering it is only 1 day 1 night.. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #1063
Arch-Supremacy Member

Will be heading to Tokyo from Osaka on 10/3. Flight back to sg is on 11/3 11am.. Pls recommend which area to stay at considering it is only 1 day 1 night.. Thank you!
See Empire Hotel at Shinjuku suits you or not. It's a 1 star hotel. For one night shouldn't be any problem. I stayed there for 12 nights in early Dec. Nearest station is Shin-Okubo. One stop above Shinjuku on Yamanote Line.

http://goo.gl/maps/Ermf6
Old 06-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #1064
Master Member

If you are planning to take the Narita Express train from Tokyo to Narita Airport, then consider staying near Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shibuya, or Shinjuku station.

Since I assume you will be taking Shinkansen back from Osaka, so why not try to see if you can find a reasonably priced hotel near Shinagawa station?
Because Shinagawa station has direct access to both Shinkansen as well as Narita Express train. Even if you are using Haneda Airport instead of Narita Airport, there is the direct Keikyu train from Shinagawa station as well.

Maybe try the Toyoko-inn branch opposite Shinagawa station:
????????????????????????? - ????????

Or you can try this other hotel (more expensive that Toyoko-inn though) also located opposite Shinagawa station:
SHINAGAWA GOOS????? ?????????
Old 06-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #1065
Master Member

Hi everyone, will like to check whether is it advisable to buy admission tickets online to universal studios and Disneysea or to just buy when we reach the entrance? is it very crowd to buy at entrance? Thanks!!!
Personally, I'd rather buy the tickets before I arrive at Disneyland/Disneysea.
Because the crowds to enter the themepark is already pretty long, so imagine if you have to go queue to buy tickets, then join another queue to enter the themepark.

This is how it looks like when queueing to enter Disneysea.
fuzzybear likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.