HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #1261

Hi all,

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding to Japan.
Japan Trip Adviser here.
Been to Japan 21 times already in 4 yrs.
I'll try my best to answer. (^_^)

Not to hl, but these are the places i have been to.

Hokkaido, Niigata, Tokyo, Yokohama, Shizuoka, Gotemba,
Nagoya, Hakone, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe, Okayama, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Tokushima

Rules:
1) Pls quote your original message when replying so that everybody knows what's going on.

Thank you. =)

Best regards,
Can
Where would be the first place you'd recommend for someone who hasn't been there? =)
Old 01-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #1262
Supremacy Member

Where would be the first place you'd recommend for someone who hasn't been there? =)
Mouse Fuji, before it erupts too
Old 01-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #1263
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mouse Fuji, before it erupts too
Kansai or Tokyo, though people will tend to go Tokyo...

Sent from GAGT Android App
Old 01-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #1264

Looking at the reports now, hope it would give me some ideas for my trip!
Thanks a lot

Suggested accommodation for 1 person? AirBnb or hotel?
You could try those capsule hotel since you're going for a solo trip
Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #1265

Hi, can I ask if are we able to buy unlocked iPhone from the physical apple store itself in japan and can it be used in singapore? Does the phone have any difference (functions/usability, I read Jpn phone doesn't allow u to switch the camera to silent?) between the unlocked iPhone in singapore?
Thanks!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #1266

Hi

Is it worth for me to buy any railway pass? Since it is 1 way. If but which one to buy?

Fly in Tokyo stay 2 days
Then move down to Koyoto and play and stop along the way. 6 Days.
Last 2 days at Osaka

Then fly to Taipei....
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #1267
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi

Is it worth for me to buy any railway pass? Since it is 1 way. If but which one to buy?

Fly in Tokyo stay 2 days
Then move down to Koyoto and play and stop along the way. 6 Days.
Last 2 days at Osaka

Then fly to Taipei....

unlikely that u will need to get JR pass since the trip from Tokyo to Kyoto is 13600yen, while it cost 29110yen to get the JR pass
Old 09-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #1268
Arch-Supremacy Member

unlikely that u will need to get JR pass since the trip from Tokyo to Kyoto is 13600yen, while it cost 29110yen to get the JR pass
Get this for some discount:

ぷらっとこだま|京都 旅行をはじめ新幹線のお得なツアーはJR東海ツアーズ
Old 09-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #1269
Master Member

My family is also planning a one direction tour flying in at Tokyo and out from Osaka - had the same doubts that JR Pass may not be that worthwhile.

I suppose one key benefit of the JR Pass is also for convenience? Not sure how troublesome and time consuming it is to have to buy tickets for every train ride?

Hmm, can't quite make any heads or tails of the above website... is it a tour agent in Japan?
Chrome's Google Translate doesn't really help much...

Last edited by kun1he2; 09-10-2014 at 12:25 PM..
Old 09-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #1270

going to my first solo trip this november ...flight will reach kansai around 10-11 pm timing..now dunno which option should i opt for? ...stay/sleep at airport until morning then get icoca combo...or just travel to osaka or kyoto on before last train then stay the night at love hotel/mcd at either osaka/kyoto before going to hostel that i book in the morning.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #1271
Supremacy Member

going to my first solo trip this november ...flight will reach kansai around 10-11 pm timing..now dunno which option should i opt for? ...stay/sleep at airport until morning then get icoca combo...or just travel to osaka or kyoto on before last train then stay the night at love hotel/mcd at either osaka/kyoto before going to hostel that i book in the morning.
I would rather travel to Osaka and crash there than to stay at the Airport. Personal preference. Can crash at a capsule hotel or manga cafe as well.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #1272
Arch-Supremacy Member

My family is also planning a one direction tour flying in at Tokyo and out from Osaka - had the same doubts that JR Pass may not be that worthwhile.

I suppose one key benefit of the JR Pass is also for convenience? Not sure how troublesome and time consuming it is to have to buy tickets for every train ride?

Hmm, can't quite make any heads or tails of the above website... is it a tour agent in Japan?

buying tickets is easy, not troublesome at all.
and u can get stored-value cards if u dun want to buy tickets every time.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #1273
Arch-Supremacy Member

if can make it to Osaka then I would stay in Osaka. have proper sleep then next day can enjoy more.

but if u planning to sleep in mcd, then might as well stay airport better
Old 09-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #1274
Arch-Supremacy Member

Here's an English explanation on Puratto Kodama
Puratto Kodama: Cheap Shinkansen Tickets | nihonshock

take note of the pricing has changed to higher one as listed in the original jp site. Eg Tokyo-Kyoto cost 10100(off peak), 11400(peak). normal price for the same route is 13600.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #1275
Supremacy Member

This info is in English, should be better to understand.

http://nihonshock.com/2010/02/puratt...ansen-tickets/
TOKYO ASAKUSA GUIDE - Puratto Kodama
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.