Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tax free :(supposedly)sealed up & to be used when out of Japan.

from the description in japan-guide, I think only consumable goods need to be sealed up

Japan Shopping Guide: How to Shop
Tax free shopping is available to foreign tourists only at a small number of licensed stores (typically major electronics and department stores[/URL] in large cities) when making purchases of over 10,000 yen at a given store on one calendar day. In case of consumable goods, such as foods, medicines and cosmetics, the consumption tax is waived for purchases of over 5000 yen, but the package of such goods must be kept unbroken until after departure from Japan.

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me figure this out?

I want to do a Hakone one day trip.

From Shinjuku to Gotemba Premium Outlet to Hakone Ropeway to Sightseeing Boat to Hakone Shrine then back to Shinjuku.

Is it feasible and what is the first Odakyu train to Hakone?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me figure this out?

I want to do a Hakone one day trip.

From Shinjuku to Gotemba Premium Outlet to Hakone Ropeway to Sightseeing Boat to Hakone Shrine then back to Shinjuku.

Is it feasible and what is the first Odakyu train to Hakone?

Timetable: Shinjuku - Gotemba | Odakyu Limited Express "Romancecar" | Odakyu Electric Railway

Fist train will reach Gotemba by 8.21am. Likely by 9am should be at the premium outlet. You would be 1 hrs ahead of their opening time. But the view is great maybe u can walk walk see see first.

Last edited:

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry. abit confused with the timetable. but the last train back is 9pm (8pm SG Time)?

Last train is 17:56
fig-c-02.gif

But you don't have to get back from Gotemba, since u wanted to hang out in Hakone, you should go back to Shinjuku via Hakone-yumoto. aLast train leaving for Shinjuku is 19.46:

fig-a01-02.gif

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oic. Now I got a better picture.

Thanks.

Check with Odakyu folks when you get the Hakone Pass. I dont know if they allow u to get in via Gotemba and get out from Hakone Yumoto or not. The Shinjuku-Gotemba route should require a top up fee.

From Gotemba Premium Outlet you can take this bus to Gora or Sengoku, hakone
idx_time.gif

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
Check with Odakyu folks when you get the Hakone Pass. I dont know if they allow u to get in via Gotemba and get out from Hakone Yumoto or not. The Shinjuku-Gotemba route should require a top up fee.

From Gotemba Premium Outlet you can take this bus to Gora or Sengoku, hakone
idx_time.gif

For the Hakone Free Pass, Romance car needs a surcharge, from what I know.

Reaction score
wanna ask,

which is the recommended power adapter to bring over to charge ur electronic devices like digital camera and hp?

how many days of clothing do u bring over to jp during the trip? i m thinking to bring 1 set and buy the rest of the trip clothing in jp.

Attack of titan: Universal studio jp

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wanna ask,

which is the recommended power adapter to bring over to charge ur electronic devices like digital camera and hp?

how many days of clothing do u bring over to jp during the trip? i m thinking to bring 1 set and buy the rest of the trip clothing in jp.

Attack of titan: Universal studio jp

most of our devices can be used in japan with no problem

for clothings, it depends on season and personal preference. some ppl bring 1 set for each day, others especially backpackers like to travel light and can go with 2-3 sets for the whole trip coz they will wash during trip. for colder seasons, u probably can wear the same set for more than a day coz wun sweat. buying from there sounds goood too

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most of our devices can be used in japan with no problem

for clothings, it depends on season and personal preference. some ppl bring 1 set for each day, others especially backpackers like to travel light and can go with 2-3 sets for the whole trip coz they will wash during trip. for colder seasons, u probably can wear the same set for more than a day coz wun sweat. buying from there sounds goood too

some hotels have coin laundry, if not they can also be easily found.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Have 1 free day in Osaka before I take the 2330 flight back to SG. Any recommendations on how to spend the day? Nice good to eat?

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score

alvismah

Reaction score
hi all, i need some opinions .. im looking at singapore air $839 or JAL $844 per pax. Still cant decide which airline to take. first time going. will be traveling from 23 june to 6 july. And also would like to know whats the best timing to fly ?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, i need some opinions .. im looking at singapore air $839 or JAL $844 per pax. Still cant decide which airline to take. first time going. will be traveling from 23 june to 6 july. And also would like to know whats the best timing to fly ?

timing wise if arriving at Narita trains wont be running very late. try to be out of immigration, luggage collection by 9pm. haneda 11pm+ still have trains, but depends on where are you heading, further down connections may have stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.