Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2014, 01:14 AM   #1381
Supremacy Member

any more guru can help me on this?

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ja...o-4864072.html
Old 02-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #1382
Banned

will land in haneda airport, any hotels to recommend in tokyo?
preferably not too exp and near (Shinjuku, Shibuya)

Last edited by Southern Blend; 02-11-2014 at 12:29 PM..
Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #1383

Late arrival at KIX

Dear all,

am in a bit of a dilemma here. my flight to KIX lands on 2120 hours. I'm thinking of getting the Icoca and Haruka package, but I checked Hyperdia, and the last Haruka train departs KIX at 2216 hours. Hence, would I be able to make the connection in time?

The reason for getting the Icoca and Haruka package is because I'll be spending my first half of my trip in Osaka, before spending the next half in Kyoto. As such, for my return trip, I will be travelling from Kyoto to KIX. And for this leg, the Haruka is the more direct alternative.

Would the Icoca package be suitable for me, or is there other ones that are more suitable? Thanks for the advice!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #1384
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dear all,

am in a bit of a dilemma here. my flight to KIX lands on 2120 hours. I'm thinking of getting the Icoca and Haruka package, but I checked Hyperdia, and the last Haruka train departs KIX at 2216 hours. Hence, would I be able to make the connection in time?

The reason for getting the Icoca and Haruka package is because I'll be spending my first half of my trip in Osaka, before spending the next half in Kyoto. As such, for my return trip, I will be travelling from Kyoto to KIX. And for this leg, the Haruka is the more direct alternative.

Would the Icoca package be suitable for me, or is there other ones that are more suitable? Thanks for the advice!

since u are taking the train from KIX to Osaka, u need not take Haruka. u can take Kansai airport rapid service instead which is still available until 11:32pm. u can still buy the round trip Haruka package and use it on the Kansai airport rapid service
joeson likes this.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #1385

since u are taking the train from KIX to Osaka, u need not take Haruka. u can take Kansai airport rapid service instead which is still available until 11:32pm. u can still buy the round trip Haruka package and use it on the Kansai airport rapid service
ah ok, thanks for the clarification! then like that I don't need to play Amazing Race the moment I touch down in KIX.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #1386
Supremacy Member

need can-bro / some kind soul here who knows japanese help me see this page

SNOW MIKU 2015 | ????

Need someone to confirm my understanding as my japanese is half bucket only.
At the ticket details option, there is afternoon show and night show with 2 kinds of ticket each, but as an solo person going, my only option is the Level 1 Standing tickets coz noon level 2 is for U-18, and night is for group only?
is my understanding correct?

kinda not keen on free-standing, coz not my thing to stand in the middle of a sea of people

any buttie got experience with this kind of concert lottery can share?
Old 04-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #1387

need can-bro / some kind soul here who knows japanese help me see this page

SNOW MIKU 2015 | ????

Need someone to confirm my understanding as my japanese is half bucket only.
At the ticket details option, there is afternoon show and night show with 2 kinds of ticket each, but as an solo person going, my only option is the Level 1 Standing tickets coz noon level 2 is for U-18, and night is for group only?
is my understanding correct?

kinda not keen on free-standing, coz not my thing to stand in the middle of a sea of people

any buttie got experience with this kind of concert lottery can share?
Yup, your understanding regarding tickets is correct, can only do Level 1 Standing for both afternoon and night shows.

Been to Zepp Sapporo for a rock concert before, it was perfectly fine at the back. (But I'm not sure how "fanatic" Miku fans can get). The venue is small. Remember to have a 500yen coin with you to buy the compulsory drink. Also keep your bags in the lockers available outside, realised that Japanese fans don't bring any bags in.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #1388
Supremacy Member

Yup, your understanding regarding tickets is correct, can only do Level 1 Standing for both afternoon and night shows.

Been to Zepp Sapporo for a rock concert before, it was perfectly fine at the back. (But I'm not sure how "fanatic" Miku fans can get). The venue is small. Remember to have a 500yen coin with you to buy the compulsory drink. Also keep your bags in the lockers available outside, realised that Japanese fans don't bring any bags in.
Oooo Thanks for the info!
Is the area from locker to concert Hall indoors? Its winter, if can lock the jacket in locker.

Hope can lottery tio tickets. Hope no need jap address.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #1389

Oooo Thanks for the info!
Is the area from locker to concert Hall indoors? Its winter, if can lock the jacket in locker.

Hope can lottery tio tickets. Hope no need jap address.
The locker area I saw was part of the building but not indoors, still need to walk 1 min into the concert hall entrance.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #1390
Arch-Supremacy Member

For a second trip to Tokyo, any suggestions on what to do besides the usual?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #1391

Anyone been to Kyoto during the autumn foliage peak season? Heard the crowd volume can be really bad. Is it to the extent of waiting for 2-3 hours for popular restaurants or dessert places etc? Any tips to deal with the situation?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #1392
High Supremacy Member

dun eat at those "有名" places unless it just present itself as a chance

Japanese are well conditioned to queuing, some places have queues every weekend or everyday... a 30-45 min wait is considered short.

A good idea (imo) is if you really want to try the famous restaurants/shops do so at off times. This is dependant though, u might find that they have "break" timings
Old 05-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #1393

dun eat at those "有名" places unless it just present itself as a chance

Japanese are well conditioned to queuing, some places have queues every weekend or everyday... a 30-45 min wait is considered short.

A good idea (imo) is if you really want to try the famous restaurants/shops do so at off times. This is dependant though, u might find that they have "break" timings
Thanks for the advice! Actually I'm more looking forward to trying out the famous matcha dessert shops in Kyoto, but I don't want spend precious daytime queuing up when I can make use of the time to see autumn leaves, especially when the sun sets early at 4-5pm and most dessert shops close by 6pm.

Oh well...I guess I won't know the 'best' timing until I'm there...
Old 05-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #1394

Going to Tokyo in mid Dec. What kind of winter wear is needed? Need thermal wear?

Was thinking one normal layer of t-shirt, one layer of normal jacket, and one layer of down jacket/parka jacket. Should be enough?
Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #1395
High Supremacy Member

Thanks for the advice! Actually I'm more looking forward to trying out the famous matcha dessert shops in Kyoto, but I don't want spend precious daytime queuing up when I can make use of the time to see autumn leaves, especially when the sun sets early at 4-5pm and most dessert shops close by 6pm.

Oh well...I guess I won't know the 'best' timing until I'm there...
go have it for breakfast...

no one said u can't have a matcha parfait for breakfast...

I dunno what is famous, can share?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.