Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
hi folks, wondering if anyone have book their hotels from this website? is it good?

583 Hotels in Tokyo, Japan - Best Price Guarantee - Booking.com

also is it safe to book those shared dormitory hostel? got locker or something?:(

i only stay in hostels dorm in japan since they are super clean :)
I usually book via their website though coz no administrative fee etc and also hostels and hotels normally allocate a small number of rooms on such booking sites. And to prevent overbooking, if u book via booking.com/agoda/etc, do drop the hostel/hotel an email to confirm your booking.

The hana hostel chain is good; except for the hiroshima branch a bit squeezy. Tokyo I previously stayed at nui backpacker since there's no hana hostel in tokyo

Some hostels have lockers free to use e.g. osaka hana hostel, while others require u to pay a small fee of 100-200 yen. Actually I feel that better to bring out ur valuables and keep photocopies of documents in dorms when u are out - for all the hostels I have stayed in, not much issue with security yet

Last edited:
Reaction score
i only stay in hostels dorm in japan since they are super clean :)
I usually book via their website though coz no administrative fee etc and also hostels and hotels normally allocate a small number of rooms on such booking sites. And to prevent overbooking, if u book via booking.com/agoda/etc, do drop the hostel/hotel an email to confirm your booking.

yah quite true, i saw sakura hotel no room for the dates i have chosen and saw its available in book.com. thats y scare if really go over there no room is gg:(

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well this kind of thing is more common with single rooms

I saw a guest get a double room instead but still paying for a single room XD

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah quite true, i saw sakura hotel no room for the dates i have chosen and saw its available in book.com. thats y scare if really go over there no room is gg:(

some hotels may have blocked off some rooms booking through third party websites, tt is y their own website shows they have no more room.

as suggested by hoshiyume, u can book first, then double confirm with the hotel.

i suggest u book ur hotels fast since time is running out. just book those with free cancellation first, then if u can find something better, then change

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A question on booking AirDo flights from Tokyo to Chitose (Sapporo). As the web bookings are in Jap only, I cannot find how much luggage weight is included in the pricing. Can we pay the ticket using Singapore credit card?

joeson

Reaction score
Buying PS3 and games in Tokyo

Er, not too sure if anyone got ask this question before... but I'm interested in buying a PS3 in Tokyo when I'm there.. any recommended shops on where to buy it? I know Yodobashi is good for electronics. will it be cheaper there as compared to SG?

also, will it come with international warranty? and the interface of the PS 3 and the games - will it be in japanese, or english?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No international warranty. Japan games seem to be much cheaper.

PS3 in Tokyo is more expensive than SG.
SG: Try funzsquare. Bought mine for $300
JP selling bout $325

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but ps4 is cheaper in JP than in SG right?

have u got your ps4 dimitri_can?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there enough to do at rinku town (near KIX) to kill time?

one of us may be taking an earlier flight, so thought of travelling towards KIX together then get off at rinku town. 9.35pm flight and 11.30pm flight.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there enough to do at rinku town (near KIX) to kill time?

one of us may be taking an earlier flight, so thought of travelling towards KIX together then get off at rinku town. 9.35pm flight and 11.30pm flight.

if u like to shop, u can probably spend the whole day there.

but by the time u clear customs and get to rinku, it is already 10+pm. dun think shops open so late. and 2 hr difference only, y not just walk around airport, or find a café and chill. can spend the time setting some admin also.. buying train tickets/passes, getting maps/brochures from tourist info counter

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been on a tour with JTB @ Ion Orchard? Is it worth it? I'm more keen on well-paced, quality itinerary and not the amazing race kind.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u like to shop, u can probably spend the whole day there.

but by the time u clear customs and get to rinku, it is already 10+pm. dun think shops open so late. and 2 hr difference only, y not just walk around airport, or find a café and chill. can spend the time setting some admin also.. buying train tickets/passes, getting maps/brochures from tourist info counter

:( sorry if my post not clear. it's departing KIX at those times and not arriving. rinku town is that outlet shopping place ah?

i dunno whether it is boring to reach KIX 5 hrs ahead, at 6.30pm for my 11.30pm flight, if another of us taking a 9.35pm flight. so i thought we can take the airport express and drop at rinku town, while the person taking the 9.35pm flight head straight to the airport.

that time we stupidly clear immigration and went inside HND for our dinner and it was quite boring. we only found out about the edo town outside afterwards.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:( sorry if my post not clear. it's departing KIX at those times and not arriving. rinku town is that outlet shopping place ah?

i dunno whether it is boring to reach KIX 5 hrs ahead, at 6.30pm for my 11.30pm flight, if another of us taking a 9.35pm flight. so i thought we can take the airport express and drop at rinku town, while the person taking the 9.35pm flight head straight to the airport.

that time we stupidly clear immigration and went inside HND for our dinner and it was quite boring. we only found out about the edo town outside afterwards.

yes, rinku town is the outlet mall.
think the only consideration is luggage. u probably need to find a locker to store ur luggage while u shop in rinku.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haven't buy. wait for price to drop...

what things to look out for if i wan to buy a japan ps4 from yodobashi and bic camera?
can i ask to open up to check the power voltage ?
and is jp store like yodoabshi sells english language game?

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what shops usually will have free wifi ah?
like starbucks etc

dun wanna waste money on data plan cos it'll just be used for google maps direction
i scared i forget how to go back or go to some places :s22:
take wrong bus die sia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.