Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wifi proliferation over there is very high...

just do not expect good speeds from all the hotspots unless it is like provided by a telco

hawlam

Reaction score
ps4 japan set is it really 110 to 240 voltage?
can the language be set to english?

as i want to get a ps4 from japan
from bic camera and yodobashi
any more advice for me before i get it?

Last edited:

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ps4 japan set is it really 110 to 240 voltage?
can the language be set to english?

as i want to get a ps4 from japan
from bic camera and yodobashi
any more advice for me before i get it?
I think so.
Language can set to English.

Vismark

Reaction score
Is it better to pay the hotel using credit card there or use cash to pay for it?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to add on about the Hakone 2 day pass

even if you are doing Hakone as a day trip, the pass will work out due to the cost of the boat, gondola, tram and train up to Gora will more than cover the cost of the pass itself.

If you are staying overnight there, it gives even more savings

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it better to pay the hotel using credit card there or use cash to pay for it?

personal preference I guess.

credit card will have admin charges for overseas usage. but if u have cards that have good rebates or u are accumulating points/mileage, then maybe it is worth it. just note that some smaller hotels may not accept credit cards, so must make sure first.

I personally prefer using cash

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have some less well known public transport accessible places but still nice to go recommendation for tokyo and Osaka?

Mistic

Reaction score
Help with Osaka, nagoya planning

Will be travelling to Nagoya, Osaka, Hiroshima next wk for business trip.

Likely 1 day Nagoya( Might or not might slp over, depending on what to do there)

2 days Osaka (sleep over 1 or 2 night), I have a meeting in Kobe as well, recommend to do 1 night Kobe or 2 night Osaka, and I just travel to kobe from Osaka n back?)

2 days Hiroshima.

I will be on the 7 days JR Pass, as such, please advice the following:

What can I do in Osaka, Hiroshima and Nagoya. First time to these places, Kobe I m rather familiar.

Any hotel to recommend?

Thanks!

Mistic

Reaction score
forget to add, I was thinking of going to Kyoto n NARA for a day trip while in Osaka? possible?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
You also don't have to worry about being DCC when using Visa/MC. Japan is very compliant unlike China or some other countries.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
forget to add, I was thinking of going to Kyoto n NARA for a day trip while in Osaka? possible?

Yeah it's possible. You'll definitely be returning since one day is definitely not enough.

Try this website if your Chinese is A+, he's a Kansai region expert. Unfortunately for me I can't read chinese..... :( Need to find a taiwan gf....

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's possible. You'll definitely be returning since one day is definitely not enough.

Try this website if your Chinese is A+, he's a Kansai region expert. Unfortunately for me I can't read chinese..... :( Need to find a taiwan gf....

wah Chinese A1 also hard to read. he use fanti , not the jianti like Singapore/china . Im reading it very slowly word by word lolx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.