HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #1456

I'm going there next year. There seems to be a snow trekking activity where they give u snowshoes and u trek with them for a few hours. Other than that, skiing only I guess.

Anyone know where to rent those snow jet skis? Gf want to play those.
Edit: I'm based in Tokyo so must be near tokyo, day trip only, need to go back to hotel in Tokyo as I already booked my full 10 nights there
I think nearest with snow mobile is hakuba already, not say very near though. back and forth more than half day gone.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #1457

I think nearest with snow mobile is hakuba already, not say very near though. back and forth more than half day gone.
Hakuba seems good. About 4 and a half hours one way, maybe I should just yolo and stay there for a day..

If not I'll just take the 1 hour snowmobile tour then go back Tokyo. seems fun enough to waste a day.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #1458

Hakuba seems good. About 4 and a half hours one way, maybe I should just yolo and stay there for a day..

If not I'll just take the 1 hour snowmobile tour then go back Tokyo. seems fun enough to waste a day.
first idea more practical. Second idea then is yolo

If going gala yuzawa, can get the jr kanto pass, got promo together with gala and also save on train fares
Old 09-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #1459

first idea more practical. Second idea then is yolo

If going gala yuzawa, can get the jr kanto pass, got promo together with gala and also save on train fares
I'm thinking of getting the jr pass since I'm travelling so far out. Seems like there's no buses to the hakuba47 snowmobile place. Need to take taxi there lol. Going to the snow monkey area and rabbit island too. Both day trips though.

Yolo because I book my Tokyo hotel for full 10 days liao, if don't stay there one day like waste.. Haha

Last edited by Bluebird33; 09-12-2014 at 09:39 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #1460

I'm thinking of getting the jr pass since I'm travelling so far out. Seems like there's no buses to the hakuba47 snowmobile place. Need to take taxi there lol. Going to the snow monkey area and rabbit island too. Both day trips though.

Yolo because I book my Tokyo hotel for full 10 days liao, if don't stay there one day like waste.. Haha
Not sure if you will use full value of jr pass if only going hakuba, from hyperdia is bout 10k yen per trip to hakuba, so with return is 20k yen ~ 220 sgd. Jr Pass is about ~300ish iirc.

Cant try cancelling? Why dw plan the ski mobile for a future trip? Can always return to japan again
Old 09-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #1461

Not sure if you will use full value of jr pass if only going hakuba, from hyperdia is bout 10k yen per trip to hakuba, so with return is 20k yen ~ 220 sgd. Jr Pass is about ~300ish iirc.

Cant try cancelling? Why dw plan the ski mobile for a future trip? Can always return to japan again
I will go other places with the jr pass, like jigokudani and Okushima island at Hiroshima, gf want to see rabbit.. Zz.

Want to Chiong all the places ma.. If not I think all 10 days in Tokyo not fun one. And I'm not into theme parks also.. 3 days outside Tokyo, 7 days back in Tokyo for shopping, quite enough ba.

I think Expedia allows me to cancel. But if cancel hard to find another hotel for about the same price and near to train liao.. About $140 per night at Shimbashi sunroute hotel.

Edit: just realized snow monkey is very close to hakuba and they offer a one day tour of snowmobile+snow monkey. Probably gonna get that. Asking Expedia now whether they can cancel 2 days of the hotel instead, so first 2 days will be at hakuba hotel

Last edited by Bluebird33; 09-12-2014 at 11:05 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #1462

I will go other places with the jr pass, like jigokudani and Okushima island at Hiroshima, gf want to see rabbit.. Zz.

Want to Chiong all the places ma.. If not I think all 10 days in Tokyo not fun one. And I'm not into theme parks also.. 3 days outside Tokyo, 7 days back in Tokyo for shopping, quite enough ba.

I think Expedia allows me to cancel. But if cancel hard to find another hotel for about the same price and near to train liao.. About $140 per night at Shimbashi sunroute hotel.

Edit: just realized snow monkey is very close to hakuba and they offer a one day tour of snowmobile+snow monkey. Probably gonna get that. Asking Expedia now whether they can cancel 2 days of the hotel instead, so first 2 days will be at hakuba hotel
really damn chiong sia im guessing okunoshima also day trip???
Old 10-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #1463

really damn chiong sia im guessing okunoshima also day trip???
Yes. 5+ hours to get there.. I think go there see rabbit don't really need that much time, should be able to get on the 6pm train back to Tokyo on the same day.
Old 13-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #1464
Supremacy Member

I will in traveling to Hokkaido in Feb .
Is there any place ( walking distance ) near JR stations that I can shoot photo with snow & train only ( esp steam locomotive ) from a high position?
Thanks.
Old 13-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #1465

is this feasible for 1 day in kyoto ? is there places that i should also include inside ?

1130: Arashiyama

Temples to visit :
1330: Fushimi Inari

Kiyomizudera

Higashiyama streets

1800: Leave Kyoto for Osaka

Alternative Itinerary for Kyoto
Kinkakuji - Golden Pavilion

Toei Kyoto Studio Park

Gion (Geisha district)
Old 21-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #1466
Supremacy Member

up up and away...
Old 21-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #1467
Supremacy Member

is this feasible for 1 day in kyoto ? is there places that i should also include inside ?

1130: Arashiyama

Temples to visit :
1330: Fushimi Inari

Kiyomizudera

Higashiyama streets

1800: Leave Kyoto for Osaka

Alternative Itinerary for Kyoto
Kinkakuji - Golden Pavilion

Toei Kyoto Studio Park

Gion (Geisha district)
should be ok...
Old 21-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #1468
Arch-Supremacy Member

I saw quite a number of guys carry those small sling bag/pouch. Wonder where to get one
Old 21-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #1469

Hi, I will be heading to Tokyo for 6 days. Will be mainly traveling in Tokyo city, but I arranged a day for mt takao and one day for Yokohama.
Do I need to purchase any IC cards? Or I can just simply purchase single tickets, is this cost efficient?
Old 21-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #1470
Master Member

Hi, I will be heading to Tokyo for 6 days. Will be mainly traveling in Tokyo city, but I arranged a day for mt takao and one day for Yokohama.
Do I need to purchase any IC cards? Or I can just simply purchase single tickets, is this cost efficient?
In Tokyo, single tickets have their ticket price rounded up to the nearest 10 yen. So you save some money if you have an IC card. But as you might already know, buying the card has a 500 JPY deposit and only 280 JPY is refundable. The card is valid for 10 years from your last usage...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.