Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vina1010

Reaction score
Hiii,

my fren n i are planning to go Narita outlet.
is it worth going? it is save $ from buying outside?

my fren is looking at branded stuffs & skechers.
skechers at Japan is it cheaper than singapore?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 days pass enough? Or hoot the 3 days pass since the difference not much?

Any recommended ryokan?

More worth to hoot the pass from shinjuku? I c going down to odawara from asakusa just to hoot the pass like not worth le. :([/URL]

2 days pass enough.

if you're getting 7 days JRP, then go from asakusa to tokyo to take shinkansen to odawara and get the pass at odawara cos transport from asakusa to odawara will be covered.

Vismark

Reaction score
Cash is better

personal preference I guess.

credit card will have admin charges for overseas usage. but if u have cards that have good rebates or u are accumulating points/mileage, then maybe it is worth it. just note that some smaller hotels may not accept credit cards, so must make sure first.

I personally prefer using cash

Credit Card - Overseas spending give more miles than local spending

can accumulate a lot~

Hmm.. okay.
Think most probably will use cash since I don't have a credit card and this trip intend to treat my parents.
If credit card will have to ask my dad pay cause I don't have a credit card.
By the way, is debit card accepted there?
Like use master to pay but is debit card.

Reaction score
Hmm.. okay.
Think most probably will use cash since I don't have a credit card and this trip intend to treat my parents.
If credit card will have to ask my dad pay cause I don't have a credit card.
By the way, is debit card accepted there?
Like use master to pay but is debit card.
Make sure u inform the bank to activate for overseas
orh then don't need JRP. then i concur to take the romance train to/fro shinjuku.
Thx for ur input. Is it good to do a back to back side trips like hakone n nikko?

Sent from a poor fugly buibui loser using GAGT

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Make sure u inform the bank to activate for overseas

Thx for ur input. Is it good to do a back to back side trips like hakone n nikko?

are you planning to have b'fast at your ryokan in hakone? bcos b'fast usually doesn't start so early e.g. 8am, so you can't take the early trains to leave hakone.

and travelling to nikko already takes at least 2 hrs from asakusa/shinjuku, so for me i'd rather take the train straight from asakusa.

Last edited:
Reaction score
are you planning to have b'fast at your ryokan in hakone? bcos b'fast usually doesn't start so early e.g. 8am, so you can't take the early trains to leave hakone.

and travelling to nikko already takes at least 2 hrs from asakusa/shinjuku, so for me i'd rather take the train straight from asakusa.
The only thing I scare is the transport frequency within the place like need to wait for an hr for next bus/train :(

Sent from a poor fugly buibui loser using GAGT

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check hyperdia

you are also probably not going to make it for the special ltd express from Ikebukuro

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
standard is a transaction fee per transaction and the rate used is the date of clearing of transaction.

XasakuraX

Master Member
Reaction score
i only stay in hostels dorm in japan since they are super clean :)
I usually book via their website though coz no administrative fee etc and also hostels and hotels normally allocate a small number of rooms on such booking sites. And to prevent overbooking, if u book via booking.com/agoda/etc, do drop the hostel/hotel an email to confirm your booking.

The hana hostel chain is good; except for the hiroshima branch a bit squeezy. Tokyo I previously stayed at nui backpacker since there's no hana hostel in tokyo

Some hostels have lockers free to use e.g. osaka hana hostel, while others require u to pay a small fee of 100-200 yen. Actually I feel that better to bring out ur valuables and keep photocopies of documents in dorms when u are out - for all the hostels I have stayed in, not much issue with security yet

What's ur review on Nui? is nui far from asakusa station or walkable? M Gg stay there for my trip.

Anyone bought the keisei skyliner + subway pass b4? How does the multi day Subway pass work? Eg 3-day is consecutive days? Open date? I.e.activated only on day of usage.

How's security in tokyo/osaka like? How safe to walk alone at night? Advisable not be on street by what time? or depends on neighborhood?

Jpn is 110v then we need convertor or adapter will do?

Thanks!!

Reaction score
What's ur review on Nui? is nui far from asakusa station or walkable? M Gg stay there for my trip.

Anyone bought the keisei skyliner + subway pass b4? How does the multi day Subway pass work? Eg 3-day is consecutive days? Open date? I.e.activated only on day of usage.

How's security in tokyo/osaka like? How safe to walk alone at night? Advisable not be on street by what time? or depends on neighborhood?

Thanks!!

traveler's adapter confirm need due to the plug differences

the one i hoot is this:
taiyo_th251.jpg

Check out the back of your device. If it says “100-240V, 50/60 Hz,” you’re in luck because it will work pretty much anywhere in the world with the right plugs.

http://www.travelspecifics.com/post/view/what-you-need-to-know-about-charging-your-device-abroad

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks!!

i have not used the pass before, but from this website, it looks like the metro pass is for consecutive days and need not be activated on same day as the skyliner
Tokyo Metro | For Customers Traveling Between the Airport and City Center

i feel japan is safer than singapore. but tt being said, the usual precaution still needs to be taken. e.g avoid quiet deserted back lanes; avoid red light district.

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any guides on getting the ez link card?
some ppl said that it can be purchased from the machine at the stations but how to use the machine :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.