HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions

Like Tree833Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2014, 12:23 AM   #1471
High Supremacy Member

Is Furano a good place to enjoy onsen? Coz I already booked my hotel at sapporo, so it's quite impossible to stay overnight at any ryokens...

I found a few hot spring sides, including the noboribetsu, Jozankei, and lake toya....but since I only visit during daytime, noboribetsu rike nothing to do besides hotspring...
scare jozankei not as good as noboribetsu, lake toya they say difficult to find onsens...

and we really want to visit ningle terrace at furano in the evening, and furano has onsen facility as well, so wanna ask if its good to put them in one day?

or should cater one day to visit norbori/jozan/lake toya....need advice!! thanks
Old 22-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #1472
Supremacy Member

I saw quite a number of guys carry those small sling bag/pouch. Wonder where to get one
You can get one at Tokyo Hands here. Overpriced. Coach has similar one.
Old 22-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #1473

i'm still quite confuse with the Japan rail network, i'm using a JR pass, if i'm at Umeda station heading towards namba parks. which station should i alight if i wan to use my JR pass ?
- JR nanba station or nanba station ?
- How to know which station does a JR Tain stop at ?
Old 22-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #1474

any good reccomended Hotel in shinjuku area, price SGD130 - 150 per nite?

any good reliable Mount fuji tour beside from the Sunrise Tours ?
Old 23-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #1475
Master Member

i'm still quite confuse with the Japan rail network, i'm using a JR pass, if i'm at Umeda station heading towards namba parks. which station should i alight if i wan to use my JR pass ?
- JR nanba station or nanba station ?
- How to know which station does a JR Tain stop at ?
Jr
Jr pass doesn't work on most of the lines in Tokyo except for jr owned lines in Japan. Can refer to the leaflet given to you...
Old 23-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #1476

Jr
Jr pass doesn't work on most of the lines in Tokyo except for jr owned lines in Japan. Can refer to the leaflet given to you...
sorry, i need to re-phase my words i'm getting a JR pass so i have not purchase therefore i do not have a leaflet yet. i would like to know which station does a JR train stop at osaka as per my question above, how to find out which stop does a JR train stop at ?
Old 23-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #1477
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry, i need to re-phase my words i'm getting a JR pass so i have not purchase therefore i do not have a leaflet yet. i would like to know which station does a JR train stop at osaka as per my question above, how to find out which stop does a JR train stop at ?

JR train will stop at JR station.
for most places, the JR station and other metro and subways are just next to each other, so it doesn't really matter
Old 23-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #1478

JR train will stop at JR station.
for most places, the JR station and other metro and subways are just next to each other, so it doesn't really matter
is there any website/Apps that i can use to see which station holds the specific trains ?
Old 23-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #1479
Master Member

is there any website/Apps that i can use to see which station holds the specific trains ?
Use Google Map

Or you can study the Tourist Route map

http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/area/map/railway.pdf

Last edited by kifo; 23-12-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Old 23-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #1480

Use Google Map

Or you can study the Tourist Route map

http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/area/map/railway.pdf
i tried studying google map, therefore i'm thinking whether should i take a subway or take a JR train if it is much cheaper considering i need to walk further from Jr namba station. so i can assume i cannot use my Jr pass for any subway other den JR train only which only stop at JR station
Old 23-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #1481
Arch-Supremacy Member

use google map and click on the station to see the lines that are in the station
Old 23-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #1482
Arch-Supremacy Member

i tried studying google map, therefore i'm thinking whether should i take a subway or take a JR train if it is much cheaper considering i need to walk further from Jr namba station. so i can assume i cannot use my Jr pass for any subway other den JR train only which only stop at JR station

u cant use JR pass for non-JR lines.
where are u heading to? actually these few stations are not too far apart and u are likely to walk pass all of them if u are shopping around Nanba station
Old 23-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #1483

u cant use JR pass for non-JR lines.
where are u heading to? actually these few stations are not too far apart and u are likely to walk pass all of them if u are shopping around Nanba station
i'm heading to Shinsaibaishi Shopping Arcade, looking at the map its nearer to Shinsaibaishi subway station, but i'm considering the price/distance if i were to use my Jr pass to take the JR train to JR namba station and walk all the way there.
Old 23-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #1484
Supremacy Member

i'm heading to Shinsaibaishi Shopping Arcade, looking at the map its nearer to Shinsaibaishi subway station, but i'm considering the price/distance if i were to use my Jr pass to take the JR train to JR namba station and walk all the way there.
Depends on whether you want to save that few dollars. I had the JR pass the first time I went Kansai and I didn't use it much there because I use googlemap and basically just took the subway or any private line that is the nearest.
Old 23-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #1485
Arch-Supremacy Member

u can just walk from JR Nanba coz the entire area is filled with shops. u will pass by Dotonbori along the way too
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.