HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions - Part 2

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #1516
Master Member

I brought with Pia/Lawson I-tike with no issue using local cc.
But then I notice some cards they will not accept so I use others

But the biggest problem for those sites especially for I-Tike, they require real Japanese mobile number to authenticate the account before you can purchase the ticket (I presume to prevent scalper from buying all the tickets to resell)
So I got my Japanese friend to help with...
Besides the above some hotel can also offer to help as well with 10% surcharge.
purpleberry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:12 PM   #1517
Arch-Supremacy Member

I didnt ski in myoko but hakuba, the price for the snow wear is abt Jpy3000 per day. Ski rentals about the same price too. However no goggles rental fyi.

thanksfor the link, certainly helps in budgeting. it did mention lift tickets are not included but didn't mention anything about clothing & equipment rentals?
edixian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #1518
Master Member

I'm going to Hakone and Lake Kawaguchiko from Kyoto. Staying one night at Hakone before heading to Kawaguchiko and then to Shinjuku.

Do you suggest to use carty light and use the luggage forwarding service at Kyoto to send it to Shinjuku hotel?

Any luggage forwarding services to recommend?

TIA!
MrBoxySquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #1519

I'm going to Hakone and Lake Kawaguchiko from Kyoto. Staying one night at Hakone before heading to Kawaguchiko and then to Shinjuku.

Do you suggest to use carty light and use the luggage forwarding service at Kyoto to send it to Shinjuku hotel?

Any luggage forwarding services to recommend?

TIA!
Just inform the concierge you want to do luggage forwarding. The staff will assist you.
thwysg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #1520

Thanks! Missed this part. Yeah it will be better to use you own if you do regularly as probably will fits better. Just hope to try out first as winter not really my favorite season
https://myokosnowsports.com/akakura/...-equipment-15/

Japan and Korea many ski schools and equipment rental shops also will rent you jacket pants etc, but in Europe most shops will NOT rent clothes.

My first trip to Japan I rented but from 2nd trip onwards I used my own (bought from decathlon for a Europe ski trip).
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:13 PM   #1521
High Supremacy Member

Besides the above some hotel can also offer to help as well with 10% surcharge.
Yeah. Hotels offer to buy on behalf as well. But from my experience, no additional costs.
I use them to try for lottery.

But actual buying, i will prefer to do it myself for those competitive concerts etc.
Fastest finger first, wait for time start need to secure tickets, those kind.
anyhowsaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #1522
Master Member

Hi guys, if im staying in Kyoto for the first half of my trip followed by Osaka on the other half, and adding on day trip to Nara.. must i get any special pass for discount? Or just the regular train ticket can liao?
Bak_Chor_Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #1523
Great Supremacy Member

Hi guys, if im staying in Kyoto for the first half of my trip followed by Osaka on the other half, and adding on day trip to Nara.. must i get any special pass for discount? Or just the regular train ticket can liao?
Just regular can already if only around Kyoto/Osaka + day trip to Nara..Somemore staying in Kyoto..
Gixxerfied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #1524
Supremacy Member

No need to get special pass. Icoca will do.

flowerpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #1525

Hi, going to hokkaido in last week December. Thinking of going niseko, but neither husband nor i are skiing.
1.Will it still be worth it to go niseko?
2.Are there adult sleds for rent so we can play with snow? We played sleds in gula yuzawa couple years back and its fun. But not sure in niseko whether its only small kids who play with it..
3. If we play in these resorts, its not a must to stay in their hotel right? But does that mean it will be super inconvenient to get to the resort, seeing how everyone talk about how bad transport is within hokkaido during winter. we are not driving
Tšuschung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #1526
Master Member

Hi, going to hokkaido in last week December. Thinking of going niseko, but neither husband nor i are skiing.
1.Will it still be worth it to go niseko?
2.Are there adult sleds for rent so we can play with snow? We played sleds in gula yuzawa couple years back and its fun. But not sure in niseko whether its only small kids who play with it..
3. If we play in these resorts, its not a must to stay in their hotel right? But does that mean it will be super inconvenient to get to the resort, seeing how everyone talk about how bad transport is within hokkaido during winter. we are not driving
If you dont intend to ski or snowboard, maybe its not worth it as the hotel rates there is ridiculously high. You can visit the ski resorts there even though you're not staying at the hotels but for sledding only, there are plenty of other, cheaper places.
purpleberry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #1527
Master Member

any1 know best place to buy USJ express ticket Osaka ?
Halo green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #1528
Master Member

try kkday, compared klook bit cheaper, buy their combo entrany + express
GetaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #1529
Great Supremacy Member

Guys, need to plan for alternate route. Meanwhile pray that JR East can get the segment between Nagano and Itoigawa up before 17th Oct.

Hokuriku for now Tokyo until Nagano. From here i plan to board a local bus to Hakuba Station > JR Oita to Itoigawa and then Hokuriku to Toyama(not sure if this segment is available, still looking for more info on it). I have Hokuriku Arch Pass.

Any better route?
Gixxerfied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 01:47 AM   #1530
Master Member

if you look on westjr homepage, you can find info on limited service between joetsu myoko/itoigawa and kanagawa.
https://trafficinfo.westjr.co.jp/h_shinkansen.html
kifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.