Ask me any questions - Part 2

tamarack15

Reaction score
Any kids friendly or attractions for 1yo in Fukuoka?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Perhaps can take a look at Uminonakamichi Seaside Park. If you are doing side trips out of Fukuoka, may also take a look at African Safari in Beppu or Nagasaki Penguin Aquarium.

endori

Reaction score
Can I check if anyone knows whether you can share a kaiseki set at Kani Honke? Wanted to try the most expensive set with many dishes but scared if order 2 sets cannot finish.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check if anyone knows whether you can share a kaiseki set at Kani Honke? Wanted to try the most expensive set with many dishes but scared if order 2 sets cannot finish.
I don't think the portions are that big. My wife and I are just average appetite, we ordered 2-person hairy crab set, even that also we needed to top up extra ala carte orders to be full.

endori

Reaction score
I don't think the portions are that big. My wife and I are just average appetite, we ordered 2-person hairy crab set, even that also we needed to top up extra ala carte orders to be full.

Thanks for the advice. Would like to also ask if anyone has any experience staying at mizu no uta ryokan? Is it good? How's the meal?

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
If going fukuoka and trips out to kitakyushu and yufuin, need buy any rail pass?

Sent from Home using GAGT

Prismatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If going fukuoka and trips out to kitakyushu and yufuin, need buy any rail pass?

If you are going for 3 or 5 days, can buy the JR Kyushu Pass. Valid for Shinkansen, Limited Express trains and Yufuin no Mori train. But YnM need to book in advance, cos always full.

For Kyushu, I prefer driving cos train timings quite far apart. If you miss one, can be quite a wait.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are going for 3 or 5 days, can buy the JR Kyushu Pass. Valid for Shinkansen, Limited Express trains and Yufuin no Mori train. But YnM need to book in advance, cos always full.

For Kyushu, I prefer driving cos train timings quite far apart. If you miss one, can be quite a wait.

YnM train seats can book online?

Prismatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
YnM train seats can book online?

Cannot. Earliest you can book is when you pick up your Rail Pass. Need to plan when you want to take the train, at least 2-3 days in advance.

Edit: The above is if you use JR Pass, if not, i think you can book on JR Kyushu website. Pay by CC.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.