HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions - Part 2

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #16
High Supremacy Member

yes. change at Haneda loh. Then ur trip to Tokyo station will be free.
thanks... cause i thinking of paying tics to travel to Shinagawa.. to cut short time.. but since it open so late might as well make use of JR pass and travel to tokyo station to take shinkansen
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #17
Master Member

Have a question about skiing. A part of me really wants to go skiing in Japan but i am hesitant because i don't know if they will have shoes in my size. Anyone know the biggest size the resorts will supply? I fit a US 13-14.
You can email Gala Yuzawa as the place is very tourist friendly. They should have 13-14 size as a good number of skiers are foreigners.

not to skii.. to play this only
Ok, this one no need training to level up lol
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

TS would you know if ANA Intercontinental Tokyo is it easy to get around in that area?
turtlezhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #19

It depends on where u are planning to go in Tohoku.
U may want to take a train to the first city u are visiting, then rent car from there. Or u can rent from Narita Airport and drive up, visiting some places in ibaraki first before reaching Tohoku.

From my experience, in-car GPS is a lot more accurate than Google maps. So u can just use the in-car one. Google maps is fine too
oh yes evilerniex bro, do you have any car rental company to recommend?
chainer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 08:17 AM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

i usually use Tocoo to book my rental car, coz they have english website and so far so good. they are a bit pricey though
Old 13-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #21

i usually use Tocoo to book my rental car, coz they have english website and so far so good. they are a bit pricey though
i heard that there can be huge price difference between the japanese and english version of similar website.
chainer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #22

You can email Gala Yuzawa as the place is very tourist friendly. They should have 13-14 size as a good number of skiers are foreigners.

Ok, this one no need training to level up lol
Oh thank you! Know of any similar tourist/amdk friendly resorts in Hokkaido? Planning to go Hokkaido.
cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #23
High Supremacy Member

During Jan time is it worthwhile to travel to mountain area to play with snow slides etc?
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

they open at 645am
Old 13-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

u can also try https://drive.followmejapan.com.sg

Their rates quite competitive.
chainer22 likes this.
Old 13-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

TS would you know if ANA Intercontinental Tokyo is it easy to get around in that area?
define easy to get around
Old 13-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

Just a quick question on Asakusa, i noticed on google map and on Suica map that there are 2 Asakusa stations. But one is on Ginza line whereas the other is connected to Ginza & Asakusa line. Best part is Sensoji temple is in between them. lol.

Namikase street seems to be on the bottom right station rather than the top left one.

Old 13-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just a quick question on Asakusa, i noticed on google map and on Suica map that there are 2 Asakusa stations. But one is on Ginza line whereas the other is connected to Ginza & Asakusa line. Best part is Sensoji temple is in between them. lol.

Namikase street seems to be on the bottom right station rather than the top left one.

what is the question ah?
most ppl go via the bottom right one coz they want to pass thru namikase street before going to sensoji.
however, it also depends on where u are coming from. the top one is on the tsukuba line while the bottom right one is on ginza line. so see which line more convenient for u
Old 13-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #29
High Supremacy Member

what is the question ah?
most ppl go via the bottom right one coz they want to pass thru namikase street before going to sensoji.
however, it also depends on where u are coming from. the top one is on the tsukuba line while the bottom right one is on ginza line. so see which line more convenient for u
Lol, forgot to type the question which is whats the diff. Was doing eel research and i notice two same station names, so kinda got confused. But thanks for explanation.
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 06:03 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

The one near Don Quijote has only 1 line- the Tsukuba line.

The Asakusa station near the river (lower left hand corner) has 3 lines- Ginza, Toei and Tobu.
This is the station to get to Nikko and is where the Tobu tourist centre is located.

Both stations are about 500m apart.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.