Ask me any questions - Part 2

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
trust me, the confusion starts when u arrive in Japan :p, if this is your first time there.
I use Google map and Japan Official Travel app.. Both can give different directions. See until blur. Think Google map more reliable.. Ask station police . All of them friendly no problem..

Last edited:

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use Google map and Japan Official Travel app.. Both can give different directions. See until blur. Think Google map more reliable.. Ask station police . All of them friendly no problem..

Dun play it so tight ..... give plenty of time in between transfers in case you get lost looking for the platforms ..... or the gate gets jammed up and you need to exit/enter with your rail pass ....

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use Google Map best...The issue is at main station doing transfer or looking for the right line/platform..

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look at the train info right after u enter the turnstile. See which platform yr train will be arriving. Remember to verify that you are boarding the right train

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning for year end Hokkaido trip. Can check If touch down Tokyo (returning SG from Tokyo too) and heading to Hokkaido:

1). Internal round trip flight from Tokyo to Hokkaido more worth or getting JR pass better?

2). If go with Shinkansen with JR pass and getting the 14 days pass, possible to use the JR pass in most of the train station at Hokkaido? My 14 days will be only touring at most of the places in Hokkaido.

Coz seeing this JR Hokkaido railway info in the following...
http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/index.html

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, Google maps is not useful if you are using JR exclusively. Hyperdia has great option for us to filter only JR where possible.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning for year end Hokkaido trip. Can check If touch down Tokyo (returning SG from Tokyo too) and heading to Hokkaido:

1). Internal round trip flight from Tokyo to Hokkaido more worth or getting JR pass better?

2). If go with Shinkansen with JR pass and getting the 14 days pass, possible to use the JR pass in most of the train station at Hokkaido? My 14 days will be only touring at most of the places in Hokkaido.

Coz seeing this JR Hokkaido railway info in the following...
http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/index.html

If u can bear to sit in the train for more than 6hrs, shinkansen is an option. Domestic flight is only an hour.

There is dedicated JR pass for hokkaido area.
http://www2.jrhokkaido.co.jp/global/english/ticket/railpass/index.html

I'm also planning a trip to Hokkaido for a cycling trip in July, taking domestic from Haneda.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
happy to see all in this group helping each other out when i am not around. appreciate all the help and hope to see this group grow so that we can all enjoy Japan together. =)

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
happy to see all in this group helping each other out when i am not around. appreciate all the help and hope to see this group grow so that we can all enjoy Japan together. =)

You named the thread correctly mah “me” would refer to anyone. If you had titled it “ask dimitri anything” then it would be different lol ....

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to check for yamatoji line.. From Nara to namba should be 1 way.. Check Google need to change to Osaka loop then back to yamatoji line?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to check for yamatoji line.. From Nara to namba should be 1 way.. Check Google need to change to Osaka loop then back to yamatoji line?

depends whether u are going namba (subway), namba (nankai) or JR-Namba.
subway and nankai will require u to change at tennoji or shinimaiya.

for JR-namba, there is direct train from nara via "JR Yamatoji Line Rapid Service for JR-NAMBA", but it is only during morning and evening

u can refer to this timetable from hyperdia:
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/i...21&year=2019&month=1&day=7&searchday=20190107

chainer22

Reaction score
anyone familiar with reservation of train seats through JR website? for my case, i am intending to make reservation for the Joyful Trains (Resort Shirakami train) with JR East Pass.

why do they require my credit card for reservation? will i still be charged if booking with JR Pass?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why do they require my credit card for reservation? will i still be charged if booking with JR Pass?
I don't know specifically about that joyful train, but I've done JR East Shinkansen reservations online before. They need the credit card cos if you no show your reservation I guess you will be charged the ticket and/or reservation fee.

For me I reserved everything online, then picked up the reservations together with JR East pass at the green window upon landing at airport. No extra charges.

xbearbishopx

Reaction score
hey want to check, is anyone going to japan and is possible to help me call in and book a reservation for a restaurant ? thanks haha

chainer22

Reaction score
I don't know specifically about that joyful train, but I've done JR East Shinkansen reservations online before. They need the credit card cos if you no show your reservation I guess you will be charged the ticket and/or reservation fee.

For me I reserved everything online, then picked up the reservations together with JR East pass at the green window upon landing at airport. No extra charges.

ah i see. thank you very much for your reply. what is this green window you mentioned?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys logically from map if I travel to this places.. Kiyomizu-Dera, Fushimi inari and gion.. I should go Fushimi inari first follow by Kiyomizu dera then gion right? 2nd day I going Kinkaku-ji and Arashiyama. So I get 1 day or 2 day pass I can travel any bus for this places? Where to buy in Kyoto?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.