HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions - Part 2

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2019, 08:02 PM   #496

Hi anyone stayed at the knot Shinjuku before? Going with my Wife and 2 kids ( five and one). Any thoughts?

Is the Oedo line ( nearest station to the knot) convenient? I am planning to just stay in Tokyo
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 08:16 PM   #497
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi anyone stayed at the knot Shinjuku before? Going with my Wife and 2 kids ( five and one). Any thoughts?

Is the Oedo line ( nearest station to the knot) convenient? I am planning to just stay in Tokyo
Can. train transfer will be required for some of your attractions.
TonyDelPiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 10:17 PM   #498

hi, I am going to spend 9 days with my Wife arriving Osaka at 1500hrs and departing at 1800hrs during March.
I spend so much time to read all Transport aids but getting more confuse. hope someone can help me with my itinerary.
Places that I intend to go
Shirakawa Village
Takayama
Kanazawa
Kyoto
Kobe
Osaka

kindly help me
naive90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #499

hi, I am going to spend 9 days with my Wife arriving Osaka at 1500hrs and departing at 1800hrs during March.
I spend so much time to read all Transport aids but getting more confuse. hope someone can help me with my itinerary.
Places that I intend to go
Shirakawa Village
Takayama
Kanazawa
Kyoto
Kobe
Osaka

kindly help me
Have you secured your lodging? If yes, work around it. Share your number of days in each place and the airport you’ll be flying back to SG.
thwysg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 12:40 AM   #500

Have you secured your lodging? If yes, work around it. Share your number of days in each place and the airport you’ll be flying back to SG.
not yet book hotel cos confuse with the Transport route hope to finish Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe last.
please advise.
naive90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 01:16 AM   #501

not yet book hotel cos confuse with the Transport route hope to finish Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe last.
please advise.
Decide how many days you want to stay in each area first.

9D for 6 areas is a little tight, unless you wish to do touch-and-go and not coming back to Japan again. Flying into Nagoya and out from Osaka would be better - no need to make a loop.

Why not just stick to Kansai - Osaka/ Kyoto/ Kobe/ Himeji if this was your first visit to the West? Save more time from traveling and money from buying expensive passes, you’ll probably enjoy more.

You can access Shirakawa-go from either Takayama or Kanazawa.

Kyoto is directly connected to Kanazawa via Limited Express Thunderbird. Are you using a Pass? Are you comfortable with taking express buses if you’re not using any train pass?

The issue now is how you would travel to Kanazawa or Takayama from Osaka. Either you take an express bus directly (provided you could reach the bus stop on time after touching down) or stay overnight in Osaka then make your way over Kanazawa/ Takayama in the morning.

Bus timetable for Osaka/ Kyoto <-> Takayama (take note of arrival time)
https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/highwaybus/osaka_en/#timetable

Kobe can be a day trip from Osaka.
Old 23-01-2019, 07:29 AM   #502

Can. train transfer will be required for some of your attractions.
Thank you!

Any idea if it's convenient for a pram?

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
Old 23-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #503
Master Member

Is the world renowned Kobe Beef worth trying? saw alot of youtube videos gushing about it but the price is abit steep.

is it like a once in a lifetime experience?
Old 23-01-2019, 08:13 AM   #504

Thank you!

Any idea if it's convenient for a pram?

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
From the looks of the layout of Tocho-mae station, it doesn’t seem to have an escalator at the last staircase to A5 Exit. Use a carrier instead of a pram.
https://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/subway/stations/tochomae.html#solid
Old 23-01-2019, 08:14 AM   #505

Is the world renowned Kobe Beef worth trying? saw alot of youtube videos gushing about it but the price is abit steep.

Why do you stick to Kobe beef when you can eat other brands of kuroge wagyu in Japan?
Old 23-01-2019, 08:22 AM   #506
Master Member

It's just marketing. There are other more delicious, mind-blowing beef experience for me.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 09:03 AM   #507

From the looks of the layout of Tocho-mae station, it doesn’t seem to have an escalator at the last staircase to A5 Exit. Use a carrier instead of a pram.
https://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/sub...mae.html#solid
ah thank you so much!
Old 23-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #508

Planning first trip to Japan.
It seems that airfares to Narita is cheaper than Haneda. But I read that Haneda is closer to Tokyo. If accommodations in tokyo, is it worth to pay more for Haneda or can take the cheaper fare for Narita? Thank you.
whuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #509
VD
Supremacy Member

You need to consider the cost and traveling from Narita. what is the cost difference?n
VD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #510

More flights n timing for NRT
Can always use NEX promo so no issue

Planning first trip to Japan.
It seems that airfares to Narita is cheaper than Haneda. But I read that Haneda is closer to Tokyo. If accommodations in tokyo, is it worth to pay more for Haneda or can take the cheaper fare for Narita? Thank you.
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.