HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions - Part 2

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2019, 04:20 PM   #751
Great Supremacy Member

Nagoya has the new Legoland so might be worth a night stop there on the way to Nagano? You're heading to Shirakawa also?
Not firm yet this trip..

This 2 months spend many bullets on Sonos and new rig + new chair..
Gixxerfied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #752
Master Member

Not firm yet this trip..

This 2 months spend many bullets on Sonos and new rig + new chair..
Reno thread has lots of poison that's why. Stay away from wahjohreno photos lol
purpleberry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #753
Great Supremacy Member

Reno thread has lots of poison that's why. Stay away from wahjohreno photos lol
No la..I seldom post there riao..Wanted better sound so hooted Sonos, wanted small rig do custom a small one place on desktop, sit plastic chairs for 2+ years so wife say get a proper chair..

Then wife suddenly msg me just now say should go Nagano then Autumn nicer(Rather than Xmas or Sakura) then say tonight discuss..
Old 19-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #754

Narita to Shinjuku Sanchome

Hi. I would like to get from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Sanchome (accommodation) on a weekday. My flight arrives around 2.20pm.

I initially wanted to take the Narita Sky Access from NRT to Higashi-Nihombashi, then change to the Shinjuku Line on Bakuro Yokoyama to Shinjuku-Sanchome. I think it was less than 2k yen. But when I checked the timetable of weekday, The only train that goes on the route towards Haneda Airport and stopping at Higashi-Nihombashi is 1524hrs. Assuming I canít make it for that one, how else should I go?

The next train that ends at Misakiguchi departs at 1604hrs. would it also get me to Higashi-Nihombashi?
PhoeBewantstogoBackPackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #755
Master Member

No la..I seldom post there riao..Wanted better sound so hooted Sonos, wanted small rig do custom a small one place on desktop, sit plastic chairs for 2+ years so wife say get a proper chair..

Then wife suddenly msg me just now say should go Nagano then Autumn nicer(Rather than Xmas or Sakura) then say tonight discuss..
Nagano koyo will start earlier I suppose. I am saving it for my next autumn/winter trip.
Old 19-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #756
Master Member

Hi. I would like to get from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Sanchome (accommodation) on a weekday. My flight arrives around 2.20pm.

I initially wanted to take the Narita Sky Access from NRT to Higashi-Nihombashi, then change to the Shinjuku Line on Bakuro Yokoyama to Shinjuku-Sanchome. I think it was less than 2k yen. But when I checked the timetable of weekday, The only train that goes on the route towards Haneda Airport and stopping at Higashi-Nihombashi is 1524hrs. Assuming I canít make it for that one, how else should I go?

The next train that ends at Misakiguchi departs at 1604hrs. would it also get me to Higashi-Nihombashi?
I usually recommend bus limousine instead. It stops at Shinjuku bus terminal which is very central and can reach Shinjuku sanchome station in about 5-8mins walk.
Old 19-02-2019, 06:54 PM   #757
Great Supremacy Member

Nagano koyo will start earlier I suppose. I am saving it for my next autumn/winter trip.
If i go, looking at mid nov..Check SQ land hnd, depart kix 13-23 nov is 2.4k for 2A1C
Old 19-02-2019, 07:31 PM   #758

Saw the photo in your link; The light-up scene is magnificent! Too bad I'll only be there a month later (Dec)..

Thanks for sharing the train stops! So Kobe is along the way.. ya could jolly spend the afternoon there.. no idea what to do there except perhaps to try the world famous Kobe beef (provided it won't break my bank haha), so really appreciate your suggestions!

BTW I read that 有马 onsen is worth going, and it's located in Kobe also? Do you think we can also go there while at Kobe? I feel that it'll be a waste going all the way to Japan (in winter!) without trying out their onsen. Since you are famiilar with Kyoto, other than 有马, is that any onsen we can try out in Kyoto (if there's any)? TIA!
Hi there are different grades of kobe beefs so no worries. Yeah you can go
有馬温泉but via train is a bit ma fan as you need to change 3 to 4 trains.
https://route.ekitan.com/norikae/Nor...tn_search.y=18

You can take bus too though. We drove there last time. There are 2 famous type of onsen. Gold and silver onsen. I will not say much for you to try and feel haha. Gold is the soil colour like and silver is the transparent one.
The bus link is below.
https://www.hankyubus.co.jp/rosen/pole/1175.html

If you really like onsen, theres another one in 城崎温泉。i bought a pass that allows me to go different onsen house within a day. However its a bit far though. If you are intrested let me know. I can put the link.
Cheers!

Just fyi since you like onsen. i just went to 指宿温泉in 鹿児島。the sand onsen is amazing!
I strongly recommend. One of the best of all the different onsen that I been too!

Last edited by luishoon; 19-02-2019 at 07:41 PM..
luishoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 07:32 PM   #759

I see, thanks for the info.

What about tokyo? Do u know
Sorry not sure about Tokyo as am living in Kyoto.however also very hot.
If i remember was 38 last year?
It made them think to change marathon for olympic to an earlier timing if i remember correctly.

Last edited by luishoon; 19-02-2019 at 08:04 PM..
Old 19-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #760

I can only say nagano is one of the place I love the most in Japan even though
I am living in Kyoto.
Many natural parks and superb scenery!
You should go 上高地 if you have time!
I been 5 times and i still love there. The view is simply breathtaking
Old 19-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #761

i see, i only worry about how hot the weather can be in aug and scare typhoon strike
For Tokyo, I went first two weeks of August which coincided with the Obon period. In fact I stayed at Disney Resort area for 4D and before that, we were at Odaiba to be close to Tokyo Bay Fireworks Festival. Very hot. Everyday above 35įC. Still alright. Equipped with umbrella, water, face towel, and extra clothes. We did eat more ice cream and chilled desserts though.
thwysg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #762
Great Supremacy Member

Usually when is autumn for nagano?
Old 19-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #763
Master Member

If i go, looking at mid nov..Check SQ land hnd, depart kix 13-23 nov is 2.4k for 2A1C
The best I got was 2k for 2A1C last time but the other way round, land in KIX, depart HND. Now is the best time to buy as you know.
Old 19-02-2019, 08:52 PM   #764
Master Member

I can only say nagano is one of the place I love the most in Japan even though
I am living in Kyoto.
Many natural parks and superb scenery!
You should go 上高地 if you have time!
I been 5 times and i still love there. The view is simply breathtaking
Wow, you're lucky. Are you teaching there? Is Nagano weather similar to Hokkaido in Jun-Jul?
Old 19-02-2019, 09:08 PM   #765

I usually recommend bus limousine instead. It stops at Shinjuku bus terminal which is very central and can reach Shinjuku sanchome station in about 5-8mins walk.
thankyou. Is it a must to book tickets in advance?
PhoeBewantstogoBackPackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.