HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions - Part 2

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #781

The news here just updated the Sakura forecast.
Not 100 percent accurate buy i will just put some popular spot's date.

Tokyo - 23rd March
Nagoya - 21st March
Osaka- 25th March
Fukuoka - 17th March
Sendai - 8th April
Sapporo - 29th April

These are the start to bloom dates.
normally 1 week later then full bloom.
as I said, might be earlier or later.
Dates are just for reference.
Cheers
luishoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 11:22 PM   #782
Great Supremacy Member

The best I got was 2k for 2A1C last time but the other way round, land in KIX, depart HND. Now is the best time to buy as you know.
Now cheaper sia but wife slping..hope tmr still have..

Same date and flight travel I check on Thurs was 2.5+, now is about 2.083k..
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #783
Master Member

Now cheaper sia but wife slping..hope tmr still have..

Same date and flight travel I check on Thurs was 2.5+, now is about 2.083k..
For 2a2c? Won't get cheaper than this!! Or maybe since they add more flights prices could remain competitive
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #784
Great Supremacy Member

For 2a2c? Won't get cheaper than this!! Or maybe since they add more flights prices could remain competitive
2A1C..

Anyway, decided to book mid Oct cos wife wana go Nagano. $2177.70(With forward seat selection), if not should be about 2083..

Works out to about $700/seat. Same price if I go 5th Nov(redeye) to 16th Nov(redeye)..

Last edited by Gixxerfied; 24-02-2019 at 10:38 AM..
Old 24-02-2019, 10:10 PM   #785

I'm travelling from Nagoya to Nagano, Chino.
Hyperdia suggests to use Shinano and Azusa lines. Very exp sia ... is there train pass that tourist can use to save money?

Nagoya -> Nagano (7,000 JPY)
Nagano -> Chino (5,000 JPY)

So, to and fro trip total roughly 12k ! 😂
pricklepantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 09:04 AM   #786
Supremacy Member

Seeking old bird's advice again:

If we were to stay in Kyoto (planning to tour Arashiyama, Kinkaku-ji, kiyomizu-dera, Gion, plus other usual Kyoto attractions), is it better to find accommodation near Kyoto Station (more expensive in general), or near 四条 area (cheaper and more choices)? TIA!

My consideration is the ease of taking public transports to the various attractions. I read that Kyoto station is where the bus terminals are located so I assume it's faster to travel from there?

Last edited by NTB2DO; 26-02-2019 at 09:12 AM..
NTB2DO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #787
Master Member

If we were to stay in Kyoto (planning to tour Arashiyama, Kinkaku-ji, kiyomizu-dera, Gion, plus other usual Kyoto attractions), is it better to find accommodation near Kyoto Station (more expensive in general), or near 四条 area (cheaper and more choices)? TIA!

My consideration is the ease of taking public transports to the various attractions. I read that Kyoto station is where the bus terminals are located so I assume it's faster to travel from there?
Staying near Kyoto station is always more convenient as most temples are more accessible by bus. For cheaper hotels, you can look at the southern part of the station. Generally the hotels are more affordable.
Old 26-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #788
Master Member

kyoto station definitely easier as will have most/all the buses to the various temples.

other areas, the hotels may or may not be near some of the bus routes. while the hotel can provide you a map of the bus stops for the various buses to reach the temples but where to stop when coming back to the hotel will be confusing. somehow i'm never able to figure out google maps properly with kyoto buses.
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #789
Supremacy Member

Get it! Thanks purpleberry and saffronsatire!
NTB2DO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 11:19 PM   #790

Hi TS,

Have you tried Dorokyo gorge boat ride at wakayama?
Need recommendations as we cant find the scedule or the boat company for this. Appreciate it. Thanks
techman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 11:46 PM   #791

Hi TS,

Have you tried Dorokyo gorge boat ride at wakayama?
Need recommendations as we cant find the scedule or the boat company for this. Appreciate it. Thanks
Do you mean this?
http://www.kumakou.co.jp/dorokyou/dk003.html
thwysg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2019, 08:06 PM   #792
High Supremacy Member

kyoto station definitely easier as will have most/all the buses to the various temples.

other areas, the hotels may or may not be near some of the bus routes. while the hotel can provide you a map of the bus stops for the various buses to reach the temples but where to stop when coming back to the hotel will be confusing. somehow i'm never able to figure out google maps properly with kyoto buses.
me too... google map is very very very bad for kyoto bus... i dun know why too.. cant find the bus stop.. in the end need to ask ppl//
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #793
Master Member

me too... google map is very very very bad for kyoto bus... i dun know why too.. cant find the bus stop.. in the end need to ask ppl//
For me I can find the bus stop but the bus going to another direction
Old 27-02-2019, 09:02 PM   #794
High Supremacy Member

i am thinking of going japan for autumn this coming oct nov..... as i just came back from osaka , kyoto and tokyo jan 19... thinking for the coming trip where should i explore more to see the beautiful autumn.. any recommendation... i be traveling from osaka..

my plan is travel to toyama and maybe alpine route .. the alphine route autumn nice?

Last edited by Nakedtoes; 27-02-2019 at 09:06 PM..
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2019, 09:32 PM   #795
Great Supremacy Member

Areas around Nagano generally have pretty early autumn..Late sept to early Oct if not wrong.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.