HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions - Part 2

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #811
Greater Supremacy Member

Anyone has any advise for the following? I have tried to google but not much info can be found. Will like to know which bus stop and which bus number to take? Any website to view the bus schedule as well?

Thanks in advance.

1) Shizuoka Station to Nihondaira (Take a Shizuoka Nihondaira Line bus for 35 min and get off at ”Nihondaira” which is the final bus stop)

2) Kunozan Toshogu Shrine (Kunozan-shita bus stop) to Miho no Matsubara (Sekaiissan Miho-no-Matsubara Kaminomichi Iriguchi bus stop) -

3)Miho no Matsubara (Sekaiissan Miho-no-Matsubara Kaminomichi Iriguchi bus stop) to JR Shimizu Station
1) https://transfer.navitime.biz/justli...00295&stopNo=2

2) https://transfer.navitime.biz/justli...ate=2019-03-04

3) https://transfer.navitime.biz/justli...ate=2019-03-04

all from this site ..... https://www.justline.co.jp/
Old 04-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #812

Planning a visit in July, and since it's going to be summer there, do I just wear the same clothes that we usually wear here?
Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #813
Supremacy Member

Seeking veterans' advice again.

If I were to travel to Himeji Castle from my hotel in Namba area, and on the way back from Himeji, stop by Kobe to spend the rest of the days before returning to Osaka, what is the best train pass to get (as in it can also be used for traveling around Kobe, if possible). TIA!
NTB2DO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:21 AM   #814
Master Member

Seeking veterans' advice again.

If I were to travel to Himeji Castle from my hotel in Namba area, and on the way back from Himeji, stop by Kobe to spend the rest of the days before returning to Osaka, what is the best train pass to get (as in it can also be used for traveling around Kobe, if possible). TIA!
Yes, you can stop at Kobe station and walk eastwards towards Harborland. There are a few malls around the area and you can take a nice photo of the tower.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #815
Supremacy Member

Yes, you can stop at Kobe station and walk eastwards towards Harborland. There are a few malls around the area and you can take a nice photo of the tower.
My plan is to go there to take picture with the giant robot, eat Kobe beef and then walk around the area. Not sure if Harborland is within walking distance from the giant robot, or we need to take public transport?

For travelling from Osaka to Himeji and back, the recommendation (from traveling sites) is to buy the 2200 yen Kansai Area Pass. Or is there other better train pass for the trip?
NTB2DO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:55 PM   #816
Master Member

My plan is to go there to take picture with the giant robot, eat Kobe beef and then walk around the area. Not sure if Harborland is within walking distance from the giant robot, or we need to take public transport?

For travelling from Osaka to Himeji and back, the recommendation (from traveling sites) is to buy the 2200 yen Kansai Area Pass. Or is there other better train pass for the trip?
I didn't get Kansai Area Pass when I travel last time. The giant robot is at shin nagata station which is quite far from harborland. Most tourists go to Sannomiya St for Kobe beef but you can get better beef elsewhere also.
NTB2DO likes this.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #817

Hi,

may I know what's the must see, child friendly places in Osaka and Kyoto if we only have a day to spare at each place?

Thanks!
lady_gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #818
Greater Supremacy Member

Hi,

may I know what's the must see, child friendly places in Osaka and Kyoto if we only have a day to spare at each place?

Thanks!
If it’s for kids then
Osaka - the aquarium
Kyoto - the railway museum
snap99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #819

Hi,

Thanks!
Osaka: Can do a 3/4 day trip to Nara by normal rail (about 1h ride), where you can see deers all over Nara (its free), visit Todaiji (houses the largest bronze Buddha statue).

Kyoto: Can visit the Bamboo forest and there's a nearby monkey park (free roaming monkeys)
Old 12-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #820

Hi there

Am planning for my family's first trip to Japan, will like to check if it's advisable to visit Japan during the Rugby World Cup season? We are looking at travelling in early October, and some of the places we intend to go to (i.e. Osaka and Tokyo) are hosting the matches.

Also, if we really do travel during that period, we will also like to ask if it's advisable for us to fly to Osaka first then return to Singapore via Tokyo, or will it be better if we take round trip flight from Singapore-Tokyo-Singapore, then in the midst, we travel to Osaka and back to Tokyo again via train.

Thanks so much!
jojo7978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #821
Great Supremacy Member

Compare the price for this combo,

Land/Depart HND + 2 way shinkansen(Or get JRP)

Land HND, Depart KIX + 1 way shinkansen ticket

Savings is one thing, time taken to travel from Tokyo to Osaka via Hikari(Fastest available using JRP)...

When i was checking prices recently on SQ for both option 1 and 2, isnt much price diff for air tickets. Even if the savings is like $100, i would still take option 2..

How many days you going?? If a one week trip then i would suggest visiting Osaka/Kyoto or just Tokyo itself..

Last edited by Gixxerfied; 12-03-2019 at 09:59 AM..
Gixxerfied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:02 AM   #822

Compare the price for this combo,

Land/Depart HND + 2 way shinkansen(Or get JRP)

Land HND, Depart KIX + 1 way shinkansen ticket

Savings is one thing, time taken to travel from Tokyo to Osaka via Hikari(Fastest available using JRP)...

When i was checking prices recently on SQ for both option 1 and 2, isnt much price diff for air tickets. Even if the savings is like $100, i would still take option 2..

How many days you going?? If a one week trip then i would suggest visiting Osaka/Kyoto or just Tokyo itself..
Thanks so much for your suggestion, we will likely take Option 2 then

We are looking at spending around 11-12 days in Japan? Am hoping to cover Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Mt Fuji for the itinerary ... will it be doable in this instance? Am also not too sure if travelling to Japan during the Rugby World Cup season is advisable as well, as it may be more crowded during then
jojo7978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #823
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks so much for your suggestion, we will likely take Option 2 then

We are looking at spending around 11-12 days in Japan? Am hoping to cover Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Mt Fuji for the itinerary ... will it be doable in this instance? Am also not too sure if travelling to Japan during the Rugby World Cup season is advisable as well, as it may be more crowded during then
Do-able but of cos wont cover fully..I did similar itinerary during my first trip..

Nt familiar with travel during RWC but would be in Japan mid Oct heading to Nagano+Tokyo.
Gixxerfied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 07:56 AM   #824
Master Member

Hi all, anyone using the Osaka amazing pass and able to confirm that it’s able to use on bus service from OCAT to KIX and not from KIX to OCAT?
LIN_JOEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #825
VD
Supremacy Member

No, the unlimited bus only applies within Osaka city, buses from KIX is not included

https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/qu....html?0+137779
LIN_JOEL likes this.
VD is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.