HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ask me any questions - Part 2

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2019, 08:19 PM   #841
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not too sure. Dotn know what I can do also. Any recommendation?
Castle, Toyota museum, nagashima themepark, legoland

Perhap u can consider other places in kansai instead of heading to Nagoya? Places like himeji, kobe, Nara, koyasan
evilerniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #842

Is there a nice island away from the famous cities in Japan?
Old 13-03-2019, 08:48 PM   #843

Tx all for the recommendations.

Yeah only 1 trip on Shinkansen from Tokyo -> Osaka, don't think JRpass will be worth it.

Wife won't let me drop themeparks haha, maybe USJ but definitely not disney.

The mount fuji trip also i'm unsure of, really packing it in and that's like a 12 hour trip just to see a mountain for 5 minutes... rather go back and spend like 3 days in the 5 lakes area.
arfness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 08:59 PM   #844
Master Member

Yeah only 1 trip on Shinkansen from Tokyo -> Osaka, don't think JRpass will be worth it.

The mount fuji trip also i'm unsure of, really packing it in and that's like a 12 hour trip just to see a mountain for 5 minutes... rather go back and spend like 3 days in the 5 lakes area.
General rule for 7-day JR pass is to take two-way trip between Tokyo and Osaka.

Otherwise, you may want to consider Platt Kodama tickets.
Old 13-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #845
Master Member

Castle, Toyota museum, nagashima themepark, legoland

Perhap u can consider other places in kansai instead of heading to Nagoya? Places like himeji, kobe, Nara, koyasan
Just to tap on this post. You can also visit the JR Central railway museum. I think it's the only museum where you can go visit how the maglev train looks inside.

FYI, Nagoya is famous for the automobile industry - it has a lot of car assembly lines around. Toyota HQ is also located nearby.
Old 13-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #846
Master Member

Thanks so much for your suggestion, we will likely take Option 2 then

We are looking at spending around 11-12 days in Japan? Am hoping to cover Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Mt Fuji for the itinerary ... will it be doable in this instance? Am also not too sure if travelling to Japan during the Rugby World Cup season is advisable as well, as it may be more crowded during then
For JR shinkansen, advisable if you reserve seats. Coz during peak season, I heard you may have to stand in non-reserve seat cars.
Old 14-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #847
Arch-Supremacy Member

12hr trip?
from tokyo, it is ard 2.5hrs by highway bus to lake kawaguchi to see mt fuji.
but there are lots of attractions ard lake kawaguchi and the other lakes, so i would recommend staying at least a night in the area. and to enjoy onsen there too.
maybe leave mt fuji for next trip loh
Old 16-03-2019, 12:34 AM   #848
Supremacy Member

Now June still can find those service apartment for staying?
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #849

Would like to see Lavender in Hokkaido next year. Usually which half of July can see a full bloom in the flower farms?
MilesTeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 05:26 PM   #850
Master Member

Going to Osaka end March, the weather is around 10 degrees I guess. Anyone experience going japan during this period, long john plus jeans and thick hoodie will suffice? Or should bring along those wind breakers etc
GGGGGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2019, 06:02 PM   #851
Master Member

Would like to see Lavender in Hokkaido next year. Usually which half of July can see a full bloom in the flower farms?
This is July 2nd week
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #852

Hi , anyone able to help advise if it's easy to find congee/rice porridge in Tokyo for a 18mo baby? Thanks in advance!

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #853

This is July 2nd week
That's lovely. Considered a full bloom already? Was it very hot when you were there since it's during the typhoon season?
MilesTeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 03:44 PM   #854

Just came back from Tokyo on Thursday. Here's my itinerary

Day 1 -

1am - arrival haneda airport
Keiryu express to shinagawa for shinkansen towards Mishima. Went mishima skywalk and after check in, went to explore numazu Central.

Day 2

Bus 24 at bus stop 8 towards Awashima Island. 3 hours there for aquarium and hiking. Then go towards Uchida and explore the place. 7pm anime cafe and numazu Harbour.

Day 3

Checkout and shinkansen back to tokyo Station. Change train to akihabara. Spend the rest of the day shopping and maid cafe 😂

Day 4

Went kanda musuem and Japan football museum. Head back for more figurine shopping at akihabara.

Day 5

Day trip to Yokohama. Went Nissan stadium tour and nissin cup noodle museum. Went yamashita Park and red brick for photo. Walk towards Chinatown n back to akihabara.

Day 6

Went Shinjuku and harajuku mainly.

Day 7

Went ikebukuro and back akihabara for more last min shopping. Spend the day at eorzea cafe and maid cafe.

Day 8

Back sg

I miss out on Shibuya, odaiba, Tokyo dome and asakusa. Simply too tired and lack of interest on the last 2 days.😩😩
mamboberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #855
High Supremacy Member

Mt fuji u cn join day tour.. I calculated if go by public transport waste of time
Nakedtoes is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.