Ask me any questions - Part 2

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
hi for those thinking of driving, please take note of toll charges as my friend forgot to calculate these charges into his trip

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hakone 2 nights is sufficient. The other 2 nights can be Kawaguchiko? If travelling in June and driving, maybe Hokkaido is a better place.

Let me think about it, preference is to stay in 1 area and scout the regional area without changing hotel. Everytime change hotel end up spending at least 2 hours packing and unpacking. Also increase risk on injury on carrying the lugguage up and down the car.

Thus, may not necessarily be based in Hakone. Kawaguchiko ard 1.5hours drive away. I explore abit more first. Is there a single place to base for exploration ard Mt fuji or best to split to 2 hotels?

Been to Hokkaido a few times already and just went recently also. Maybe 2 years later bah.

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let me think about it, preference is to stay in 1 area and scout the regional area without changing hotel. Everytime change hotel end up spending at least 2 hours packing and unpacking. Also increase risk on injury on carrying the lugguage up and down the car.

Thus, may not necessarily be based in Hakone. Kawaguchiko ard 1.5hours drive away. I explore abit more first. Is there a single place to base for exploration ard Mt fuji or best to split to 2 hotels?

Been to Hokkaido a few times already and just went recently also. Maybe 2 years later bah.

Good point there. I think Kawaguchiko and its surrounding areas have other attractions to offer, not to mention Fuji Q highland might take most of a day if you intend to go there.

I have not been to Nikko so can't comment much but driving around there sounds wonderful.

For a bit of Hokkaido maybe you can consider Mother Farm at Chiba? (https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/Attra...other_Farm-Futtsu_Chiba_Prefecture_Kanto.html)

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good point there. I think Kawaguchiko and its surrounding areas have other attractions to offer, not to mention Fuji Q highland might take most of a day if you intend to go there.

I have not been to Nikko so can't comment much but driving around there sounds wonderful.

For a bit of Hokkaido maybe you can consider Mother Farm at Chiba? (https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/Attra...other_Farm-Futtsu_Chiba_Prefecture_Kanto.html)

thanks. That could be a side day-trip when I change hotel to Disneyland area.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which car rental company are you going for?

Think haneda and NRT has quite limited options. Will be going for 1 of those big ones when there is promo in Jalan.net (preferred - more 10k coupon available) or rakuten. rate should be ard 8kyen per day for a serena/biante/ etc. Haven check the region outside airports. but unlikely with all these lugguage

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Started to look for a 14 days JR pass, so far only Klook having a better price $557 for adult and $288.35 for kid <12 years old.

Anyone observe any better offer? thanks!

m1kid85

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Is mitsu outlet shopping worth the visit in Sapporo?

Can anyone intro any interesting malls in sapporo?

Thanks

Delardino

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Thanks
Shopping as in luxury goods or?

Sapporo Factory looks nice budden not much to really shop.

Tanukikoji Shopping Street is not bad, alot to see but might not have what u are looking for.

As for the mitsui outlet, i fink average ba, got quite alot of good deals for adidas and polo ralph.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Thanks
I haven't gone to mitsui outlet in sapporo before but i felt the rera chitose outlet was average, so might check out mitsui if i've time next week. Rera is quite easily accessible though.

cqwrish

Reaction score
Nice itinerary. Romantic road is best covered by car, as you mentioned. If you like outdoors, hiking, there’ll be lots to consider

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7450.html

Can plan for some Onsen visits, eg Yumoto/Nasushiobara around Nikko, Shima/Kusatsu nearer to Karuizawa. Hiking at Nikko National Park (eg Senjogahara), and experience farms/wineries. I think about 5-7 days along the route is sufficient.

Nagano to Hakone will be a very long trip, if you take route via Nagano/Chuo expressway, you can detour to Matsumoto, Kofu, Otsuki/Fuji Five Lakes - might be more interesting for your kids than Hakone.

Planning a trip next year june around tokyo with 2 kids below 5 and elderly. Driving.

1. Nikko (4N)
2. Nagano (4N)
3. Hakone (4N)
4. Disney land Tokyo (3N) (return flight on Sat)

1 & 3 can be swap.

Is the nights for any area too long? Think of cutting Nikko to 2N. Wonder if there are any good stops along Japan romantic route to stop and stay for 2N where i can do more exploration in the region?

Which area will be good to base in each region?

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shopping as in luxury goods or?

Sapporo Factory looks nice budden not much to really shop. But the exterior of the old factory is nice.

Tanukikoji Shopping Street is not bad, alot to see but might not have what u are looking for.

As for the mitsui outlet, i fink average ba, got quite alot of good deals for adidas and polo ralph.

agree, Sapporo Factory is lacking in shops, unless u have something specify u are looking for. they have a large TNF shop but its a normal retail not outlet.

Mitsui / Rera again depends if they have the things u looking for, otherwise not much things to buy.

Lpcsharon1

Reaction score
Started to look for a 14 days JR pass, so far only Klook having a better price $557 for adult and $288.35 for kid <12 years old.

Anyone observe any better offer? thanks!

Look out for their coming travel fest. They are having promo. I bought mine with their recent discount of $80 off and it comes with a $30 voucher which I can use it for their day tour. Quite a good deal !

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning a trip next year june around tokyo with 2 kids below 5 and elderly. Driving.

1. Nikko (4N)
2. Nagano (4N)
3. Hakone (4N)
4. Disney land Tokyo (3N) (return flight on Sat)

1 & 3 can be swap.

Is the nights for any area too long? Think of cutting Nikko to 2N. Wonder if there are any good stops along Japan romantic route to stop and stay for 2N where i can do more exploration in the region?

Which area will be good to base in each region?

4N at Nikko and Hakone is overkilling it. Hakone is nice but I prefer Lake Kawaguchi for the view of Mt Fuji, nothing beats having to wake up in the morning with that sight. Its 2hrs by shinkansen from Tokyo to Nagano alone. Have you considered Yokohama, Kamakura?

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice itinerary. Romantic road is best covered by car, as you mentioned. If you like outdoors, hiking, there’ll be lots to consider

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7450.html

Can plan for some Onsen visits, eg Yumoto/Nasushiobara around Nikko, Shima/Kusatsu nearer to Karuizawa. Hiking at Nikko National Park (eg Senjogahara), and experience farms/wineries. I think about 5-7 days along the route is sufficient.

Nagano to Hakone will be a very long trip, if you take route via Nagano/Chuo expressway, you can detour to Matsumoto, Kofu, Otsuki/Fuji Five Lakes - might be more interesting for your kids than Hakone.

4N at Nikko and Hakone is overkilling it. Hakone is nice but I prefer Lake Kawaguchi for the view of Mt Fuji, nothing beats having to wake up in the morning with that sight. Its 2hrs by shinkansen from Tokyo to Nagano alone. Have you considered Yokohama, Kamakura?

look like 4N per place seems too difficult to properly visit the area. perhaps will change to this (early June travel):

3N - Nikko
1N - Stop along Japan romantic road (any good recommendation?)
3N - Nagano
2N - Matsumoto (with a day trip to Norikura Kogen)
3N - fuji 5 lakes area (with a day trip for Hakone - enough to explore?)
3N - Tokyo Bay (on route visit Mother farm)

or

3-4N - fuji 5 lakes area (on route visit Mother farm and a day trip for Hakone - enough to explore?)
2N - Matsumoto (with a day trip to Norikura Kogen)
3-4N - Nagano
1N - Stop along Japan romantic road (any good recommendation?)
2N - Nikko
3N - Tokyo Bay (late departure from Nikko)

Not considering much on cities. prefer to go for old towns for this trip.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually there is not much to see around the 5 lakes. unless u after some of the viewing points.

35464010_10155882028694565_5047718283797594112_o.jpg

something like this..

will be easier if u are driving, public transport is more difficult as frequency is few and inbetween wait is long

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have booked my accomodation at Hotel Trusty Osaka Abeno which is just next to Tennoji station.

Anyone stayed around there before?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.