Did 7-11 start charging ATM withdrawal fees?

sane_geek

Reaction score
I just tried 1 ATM and it shows 100yen charge per 10k yen. It wasn't there 6 months ago...

Edit: for international cards, not Japan account.

Last edited:

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the exact amount is 108yen for normal hours.

216yen for off peak and weekend

sane_geek

Reaction score

Is it 108yen for any withdrawal up to 100k?

I'm pretty sure the fee wasn't there before. I've been using it many times in the past 2 years. Any other atms do you know that don't charge any fee? Aeon is not always accessible.

sane_geek

Reaction score

I think you are referring to domestic cards. I'm asking about non domestic cards, which were free in the past. Some people reported the changes few months back šŸ˜­

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you are referring to domestic cards. I'm asking about non domestic cards, which were free in the past. Some people reported the changes few months back šŸ˜­

i am referring to cirrus and plus card.

Last edited:

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it 108yen for any withdrawal up to 100k?

I'm pretty sure the fee wasn't there before. I've been using it many times in the past 2 years. Any other atms do you know that don't charge any fee? Aeon is not always accessible.

7-11 atm is 7bank, you might want to research more.

desboo

Reaction score
Anyone know how is the exchange rate like for withdrawal at the 7/11 atms? Can our local (OCBC/UOB) bank atm cards with PLUS logo be used?

Someone told me the automated money exchange has super lousy rates, eg S$ 1to JPY 70-75.

Last edited:

sane_geek

Reaction score
which bank card are you using?

i think citibank card, when used at SMBC Prestia (last time citibank) atms, is fee-free. and Citibank Mastercard is also fee-free at 7-11s.

Using DBS. I doubt Citibank is still free at 7-11 with this change.

sane_geek

Reaction score
Anyone know how is the exchange rate like for withdrawal at the 7/11 atms? Can our local (OCBC/UOB) bank atm cards with PLUS logo be used?

Someone told me the automated money exchange has super lousy rates, eg S$ 1to JPY 70-75.

Any plus, cirrus, visa, mastercard.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.