www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Japan (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/japan-271/)
-   -   Free shuttle bus from hotel in Shinjuku (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/japan-271/free-shuttle-bus-hotel-shinjuku-2105861.html)

donut33 26-09-2008 12:14 PM

Free shuttle bus from hotel in Shinjuku
 
Hi,

I will be joinning a package tour to Hokkaido and planning to extend stay in Shinjuku. Wonder do anyone knows is there any hotel in Shinjuku that provide free shuttle bus like to Disneyland, nearby shopping mall, airport...etc...all suggestion are welcome...Thanks!!

timsum 26-09-2008 12:20 PM

keio plaza

donut33 26-09-2008 01:52 PM

Keio Plaza? to disneyland...u stay there b4?...care to elaborate more on the hotel. Any nearby attraction within walking distance, etc??

timsum 26-09-2008 01:56 PM

nope but its near to shinjuku station..maybe 5-10 min walk

vaxvms 26-09-2008 04:31 PM

disneyland take train to maihama, very convenient laaa
if u talkin abt shinjuku jr station free pick up to hotel can try New city hotel

twosix 26-09-2008 04:47 PM

Keio Plaza is not bad. Provides free breakfast. Stayed there when I was in Tokyo early this year. Less than 5 min walk to Shinjuku station. Provides free coach to and fro Disneyland and Sea.

I'll stay there again. It is not cheap though.

donut33 27-09-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaxvms (Post 32605770)
disneyland take train to maihama, very convenient laaa
if u talkin abt shinjuku jr station free pick up to hotel can try New city hotel

Hi, how does their train system fare work? Do i need to buy 1 day pass or it is by per trip like from Shinjuku to Maihama? Any idea how much is the fare for adult and child? And I purchase the ticket at the station by vending machine just like in Spore?

Thanks!!

hclee01 27-09-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donut33 (Post 32619111)
Hi, how does their train system fare work? Do i need to buy 1 day pass or it is by per trip like from Shinjuku to Maihama? Any idea how much is the fare for adult and child? And I purchase the ticket at the station by vending machine just like in Spore?

Thanks!!

The train system fare in Tokyo works the same as Sg. You can either purchase a single-trip ticket at the vending machine or use the "Suica" card (which is a stored value card similar to Ezlink card in Singapore). Purchasing single trip ticket for the first time can be confusing given the number of stations in Greater Tokyo region. If you are not sure of the amount to purchase even after consulting the train map, just purchase the cheapest ticket (which i think should be in the region of 130 to 160 Yen). When you arrive at the destination station, just go to the machine labeled as 'Fare Difference Adjustment'. Slot in your ticket in the machine and top-up the difference. There is no surcharge for this service. Then you will be issued a new ticket to exit.

If am not wrong, the fare should be in the region of around 250Yen++ for a single trip ticket to Disneyland from Shinjuku station. You will need to take the Chuo-line Express JR train (the train line on the map is coded as orange) from Shinjuku to Tokyo station. It should be around Platform 6 to 8 in the JR shinjuku. Just check for the sign that says "Chuo Line Express to Tokyo". It should not take more than 20 minutes to arrive there.

Once in Tokyo station, follow the sign that shows direction to JR Keiyo Line or JR Musashino Line and take the train service (about 15 minutes) and get off at JR Maihama Station (South Exit). Do note that as Tokyo station is a huge station. It will take you about 10 minute to walk to JR Keiyo or Musashinio line.

If you stay in Keio Plaza hotel, there are daily free buses to Disneyland. Just make a reservation at the reception counter.

After you have finished your trip in Hokkiado and flying into Tokyo Narita Airport, you may wish to taking the Narita Express (Airport Train) to Shinjuku. Currently, there is a promotion for Tourists, which I find that it is value for money. You will get a one-way ride to Shinjuku plus a Suica card (equivalent to Ezlink card) of 1500 Yen value, which you can use for rides and purchases at 711 stores. After you return the card, you will get a 500 Yen refund as well. More details are available at this website:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

Hope this helps.

wang63 28-09-2008 12:03 AM

Sheraton Tokyo Bay, just behind the TDR...the promo rates now are JPY20000/nite.

donut33 28-09-2008 07:53 AM

Thanks for the reply. Some more quests if you don't mind...hehe

What about gg to Ueno and Shibuya from Shinjuku, I will just take the Chuo-line Express JR? There is no need to change train unless gg to Disneyland, rite? And can you recommend the places of interest in this 2area? Is it once I alight from the station, look for exit and should be able to venture around on my own, just like those station in area Orchard area?

Now I really regret, last time went to Tokyo and Osaka package tour, tour guide offer to bring us to Shinjuku via train, but we decline coz too tired at that time....haiz..otherwise now, shouldn't be asking for so much detail..sigh..

donut33 28-09-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang63 (Post 32637035)
Sheraton Tokyo Bay, just behind the TDR...the promo rates now are JPY20000/nite.

Are u refering to Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel, that is TDR hotel lei, very exp... If not, can you give me the website address for the hotel u mentioned?...Thanks

samshio 28-09-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donut33 (Post 32642801)
Thanks for the reply. Some more quests if you don't mind...hehe

What about gg to Ueno and Shibuya from Shinjuku, I will just take the Chuo-line Express JR? There is no need to change train unless gg to Disneyland, rite? And can you recommend the places of interest in this 2area? Is it once I alight from the station, look for exit and should be able to venture around on my own, just like those station in area Orchard area?

Now I really regret, last time went to Tokyo and Osaka package tour, tour guide offer to bring us to Shinjuku via train, but we decline coz too tired at that time....haiz..otherwise now, shouldn't be asking for so much detail..sigh..


if you travel yourself in tokyo you need to learn how to read the tokyo subway/railway maps.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/Tokyo%20rail%20map.jpg

To shibuya, take the yamanote.
to ueno, either that the chuo to kanda and then transfer to yamanote, or take yamanote.

In shinjuku you can climb the metro buildings to view tokyo, or go shinjuku park look at nature, or just wander around shinjuku area for shopping.

It's best if you have a walking guide or maps of the areas you want to visit like ueno and shibuya. These can be obtain from jnto in singapore already or in japan, or at the airport.

hclee01 28-09-2008 12:37 PM

Just to add on, if you are quite confused on the numerous train line, you may wish to know that there are 2 distinct train system - The JR line and the subway lines. For the JR line, the logo is a JR sign in green colour and most trains run on the track on ground line while the subway line is usually underground and are operated by both the govt and private enterprises. You can print a copy of the JR train lines at this website:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/info/map_a4ol.pdf

For a start, you may wish to concentrate on the JR line - Yamanote line (which is colour-coded as light green colour on the JR train map). This line rounds in a circle which means that if you take the full trip, you will end up in the same train station as you boarded! This line covers most of the areas that you will probably be going to - Tokyo area, Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno, etc. The subway is useful for areas not served by the JR line as generally the fare is slightly higher (about 20 Yen) than that of the JR line. This include going to Asakusa (where the famous temple is located) where it is not served by the JR line.

Picking up a map before leaving for Tokyo will be helpful in getting you around the city. A copy is available at the JNTO office during office hours. It is located at Hong Leong Building #15 level (Same building where United Airlines and Japan Airlines ticketing office is located at Robinson Road).

wang63 28-09-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donut33 (Post 32642843)
Are u refering to Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel, that is TDR hotel lei, very exp... If not, can you give me the website address for the hotel u mentioned?...Thanks

It is and the room is two double bedder! So it should be a decent size.

http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/

Saw some rates as low as JPY16000 a nite. It depends on when you're staying and also the number of nites.

Interestingly, the JPY 16000/nite rates is for a two nite stay in early Nov, whereas its JPY 20000/nite for a 3 nites stay during the same period.

:)

donut33 29-09-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang63 (Post 32649117)
It is and the room is two double bedder! So it should be a decent size.

http://www.sheratontokyobay.co.jp/

Saw some rates as low as JPY16000 a nite. It depends on when you're staying and also the number of nites.

Interestingly, the JPY 16000/nite rates is for a two nite stay in early Nov, whereas its JPY 20000/nite for a 3 nites stay during the same period.

:)

You are right that the rate depends on which period we are staying there. For December it is abt JPY 56,000 to 69,000 very exp...that is too much for me...anyway thanks for the info..:)


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.