HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

GPGT/AMA/LIVE Update - Hokkaido 10-16 January 2018

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #586
High Supremacy Member

This is the Ramen Republic, showcasing some of Hokkaido's most famous and best. Probably having ramen with Max tonight so I didn't jiak.

BIC CAMERA. Not an IT nor gadget geek so I didn't see much. But they carry quite a few cool items like drones and stuff. AND THEY SELL FLIP PHONES, which are still a thing in Japan. BIC CAMERA also accepts payment in Bitcoin.

Then it's off to the basement food area for lunch. Decided to buy several small items and jiak elsewhere.

kosongice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #587
High Supremacy Member

First item I got was takoyaki! Okay la maybe some purists will say Gindaco too commercialized la, not authentic la, BUT IT'S STILL NICE!

See that device on the table? The aunties actually use to check the temperature of the takoyaki before serving them. If it's been outside for too long, it's deemed unsuitable to be served. In Singapore where got like that one.

My favorite juice bar! Third time having their drinks liao.

They sibei thoughtful, when you takeaway, the sauces are separately packed in sachets so the takoyaki still remains crispy!

kw442 likes this.

Last edited by kosongice; 13-01-2018 at 01:20 PM..
Old 13-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #588
High Supremacy Member

The pictures above were taken in ESTA. I then walked over to DAIMARU to get more snacks.

Some meat dumplings. Didn't buy.

Returned for the mochi I saw the other day. I "osusume" the lady, and she recommended the black bean one. I really wanted to try the strawberry, so ended up buying both.

Also bought a box of avocado salad (not pictured) in an attempt to eat (slightly more) healthy. I decided to walk over to Odori Park to jiak. Took the underground walking path and they had some exhibitions for children about careers. Got chefs, construction workers and other stuff. Saw this jenga area as well.

Reached Odori Park then realised it's sealed off and also heavily blanketed by snow. Spotted lots of military personnel there clearing snow and building some sort of scaffolding. Probably preparing for the winter festival in February.

The soldiers warming up.

Old 13-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #589
High Supremacy Member

Sibei sian cannot find a place to jiak my mochi and avocado salad, so I went to have soup curry instead. Soup curry is a dish that originated from Sapporo and one of the things I want to try. Walked over to a really famous one called Suage.

I chose small rice and level 3. "Osusume" the waitress, and she suggested the "SHIRETOKO" chicken.

The portion for small rice is really very little, but I was glad to have chosen it because the curry contains several starchy vegetables like potatoes and pumpkin. There's also carrot and okra, along with the grilled chicken. Everything was on skewers.

Tastes pretty similar to Maggi Curry, but you can tell this is 真材实料 use herbs and spices make one, not some flavour enhancers. Quite nice but I couldn't finish the rice because really too full from the takoyaki.

Still at the shop, about to leave. Semi food coma liao.

Last edited by kosongice; 25-01-2018 at 12:54 AM..
Old 13-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #590
High Supremacy Member

Walked across the street to Norbesa mall. Wanted to take the ferris wheel but chickened out. Those fast fast thrill rides like roller coasters I okay, but slow and high ones I cannot.

Some more bo lang despite it being a Saturday.

Laguna123 likes this.
Old 13-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #591
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wads osusume?
[SG]Revolution is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 03:17 PM   #592
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm now Hokkaido looks interesting to me.

Icekosong jin satki.

But I would prefer to go on other seasons. Less the trouble of wearing winter wear and bearing the cold.
kw442 likes this.
Redberries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #593

Wads osusume?
Recommendation. Or also can be the popular items from the menu.
thwysg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #594
Master Member

Soup curry looks yummy

So cute, you chicken out of ferris wheel
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #595
High Supremacy Member

I meet the nicest people here. Just walked with an Irish teacher who's been here for 7 years to Odori Station.
Old 13-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #596
High Supremacy Member

I fall in love with Hokkaido again every single day.
Old 13-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #597
High Supremacy Member

Take a photo with the AMDK and show us ?
Laguna123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #598
High Supremacy Member

Everywhere I go, I discover new shops selling new things (mainly food) that I wanna buy. This is from a shop selling cookies walking back from lunch.

Had my avocado salad back in the room.

Max went to the zoo, and we are meeting 2130 for ramen. I decided to head out earlier at 1730 to explore, only to regret later.

Bought a piece of fried chicken from Lawson's. Excellent stuff.

Then saw a shop with attractive looking bread. Got 2 for breakfast the next day.

Last edited by kosongice; 25-01-2018 at 12:55 AM..
Old 13-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #599
High Supremacy Member

Was supposed to visit this with Max later on, but I geh kiang went to recee first.

Then headed back to Sapporo Station to kill time while waiting for him. My definition of kill time refers to eating when I'm already full and ignoring body's desperate pleas to stop stuffing food down.

So due to the above mentioned factor, the madcap weather, the crazy amount of distance I've been walking and the late nights (haven't been sleeping before 0200 since I came), my body decided to retaliate and give me a headache.

Got so bad I had to cancel the ramen meet-up and reschedule to tomorrow. Felt really bad for putting him aeroplane, but if I were to stuff down another bowl of noodles, I really might have to utilize my travel insurance liao.

Gonna try to sleep earlier today.
Old 13-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #600
Arch-Supremacy Member

Will you do ig live with amdk tmr?

Take care!
Lemon Porter is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.