Hakone 1D trip / 2D1N trip.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok thanks let me research abit more.

Curious, what is the most time consuming activity in my itinerary?

I've not been to Odawara but I think Hakone Open Air Museum can take 2-3 hours. It's a big outdoor place and need more walking compared to the others which are more or less on the same path.

apeape

Reaction score
nice, thanks! open air museum seems like a nice place for photos too, so will probably spend more time there.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can explore Owakudani and Gora as well. Or if weather is good, travel out to Mishima skywalk for a nice view of Mt Fuji.

apeape

Reaction score
I researched and check mishima and doesn't seem to interest me. for now only a 'maybe' even if i get the Hakone pass, but thanks for the thought :)

Gora seems nice!

Last edited:

apeape

Reaction score
Also since the ropeway is closed, the other means of transport is bus. does that meean to get to the attractions, a climb up is needed?

apeape

Reaction score
I just saw theres a greenhouse / botanical garden that i can check out since im into plants.

Anyways if you go to the home page, it does say the ropeway is suspended. if you click on the warning it'll lead to a pdf regarding the free bus schedule... but the weird thing is right beside the warning, is a traffic light where it says "possibility of future suspension". lol

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just saw theres a greenhouse / botanical garden that i can check out since im into plants.

Anyways if you go to the home page, it does say the ropeway is suspended. if you click on the warning it'll lead to a pdf regarding the free bus schedule... but the weird thing is right beside the warning, is a traffic light where it says "possibility of future suspension". lol

You can contact Odakyu sightseeing center for a more accurate status, located at western side of Shinjuku station. They are small but very efficiently run with multi-language staff, complete with brochures, suggested routes, etc.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys. does a 2d1n hakone trip require a lot of planning in terms of what i want to see, routes i want to take?

I see the map and those things to do, take bus to this place do this, then take cable car to here see that, then ropeway to another place etc. seems like very hectic.

any ryokan with private onsen to recommend? the prices are about all damn ex sia... shag man... lol.

also, would it be better to go over the weekends? I read some people say they go weekend and avoid the city area of tokyo, avoid city crowd.

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you only do those sights within closer walking distance at each stop and not those further away, should be quite straightforward, can complete within 5 hrs without rushing, so 2d1n is definitely ok to do more as still can continue the next morning after breakfast. Weekdays should be better as you mention.

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,
planning hakone-kawaguchi trip in mid Nov
touch down at Narita 7am straightaway go Hakone

hotels in hakone quite ex,
but found a toyoko inn in odawara...
traval to hakone by train shud b 15mins only, worth it?
gonna stay 2 nights there...

then cheong to kawaguchi, also stay 2 nights, also toyoko inn :s34:

hot spring to me, so so nia,
i cannot figure out how long shud i dip in the hot springs
ppl say 10mins, but insai no clock...:s22: i really dun understand onsen thingy:s13:
interested in sightseeing
mainly wanna beo fuji mountain and autumn crimson leaves

Last edited:

cqwrish

Reaction score
Not at all. It’s the so-called Golden Route that many visitors will take, it seems complicated because of different modes of transport but you can always go at your own pace and skip if not interested.

Just plan and do what you like - it’s all about relaxing and slowing down the pace just as you are trying to escape the Tokyo crowds.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5210.html

Maybe instead of overnight ryokan stay, you can opt for public baths/daytime visit to ryokan for the experience.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5209.html

hey guys. does a 2d1n hakone trip require a lot of planning in terms of what i want to see, routes i want to take?

I see the map and those things to do, take bus to this place do this, then take cable car to here see that, then ropeway to another place etc. seems like very hectic.

any ryokan with private onsen to recommend? the prices are about all damn ex sia... shag man... lol.

also, would it be better to go over the weekends? I read some people say they go weekend and avoid the city area of tokyo, avoid city crowd.

Last edited:

cqwrish

Reaction score
Good choice for Odawara, I stayed there too. Can drop by Odawara Castle if you have time.

No set time limit for onsen bath, they won’t chase you out - it depends on your tolerance level. Some baths can be very hot. Generally, you need to shower first (must be clean before you enter the tub), then from a separate pool, scoop and pour the hot water on yourself to warm your body up until you are ready to enter the tub, enter slowly. Once too hot or uncomfortable, get out and repeat (scoop and re-enter) if desired. Can watch the locals too :)

hi,
planning hakone-kawaguchi trip in mid Nov
touch down at Narita 7am straightaway go Hakone

hotels in hakone quite ex,
but found a toyoko inn in odawara...
traval to hakone by train shud b 15mins only, worth it?
gonna stay 2 nights there...

then cheong to kawaguchi, also stay 2 nights, also toyoko inn :s34:

hot spring to me, so so nia,
i cannot figure out how long shud i dip in the hot springs
ppl say 10mins, but insai no clock...:s22: i really dun understand onsen thingy:s13:
interested in sightseeing
mainly wanna beo fuji mountain and autumn crimson leaves

Kaypohji

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can cover Hakone in one day ? Or overnight is needed? I’m having troubles deciding !

sindy82

Reaction score
This is my initial itinerary for Mt Fuji going to hakone. Pretty sure you can cover all in a day if u leave tokyo very early. Note that i started from Kawaguchiko and enter Hakone, so my starting point was togendai rather than hakone yumoto. But if you are coming from tokyo, use the reverse for my Day 7 and you can continue after togendai to moto hakone via the lake cruise. Then take bus express R (30mins) back to yumoto. This path has some very nice scenary of mountain slopes and sea. If next day got some time, can head to mishima skywalk, wun regret de.

Day 7 - Thurs:
Togendai - Owakudani - Souzan - Gora - hakone yumoto - Hakone hotel for dinner and retire for the night

Day 8 - Fri:
Breakfast at hotel
Express R bus from hakone yumoto - Moto hakone. Walk around this area towards the shrine and tori gate
Take the Lake Aishii cruise roundabout and drop off at hakonemachi (50-60 mins)
Take bus N to Mishima skywalk, 7 stops
Back to Shinjuku via romancecar

Hi,

Can i know how you travel from kawaguchiko to hakone? Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.