Hokkaido car rental

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
take note there are 2-3 different "Honda" rentals, and located at different locations

the one I book from has Blue colour design n logo

whereas the other is Red
Is this considered the blue logo? Gotten it from jalan.net - Honda Rent a Car Hokkaido Sapporo Station ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Sapporo

optimized_small_image.jpg

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, just in considersation nia, dunnoe there gt what slopes to manuever around. I might just get 1200cc for the comfort as well.

Elephant hill still okok la.
not only for uphills but downhill too, bigger car will have better brakes. big cars also better for cruising on highway.

does kei car comes with auto-cruise?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not only for uphills but downhill too, bigger car will have better brakes. big cars also better for cruising on highway.

does kei car comes with auto-cruise?

so far, Honda Freed (2018 model), Mazda2, Mitsubishi Colt, no auto-cruise

K-cars like Hustler, Every, no

mayb only sedans & higher end cars have

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, just in considersation nia, dunnoe there gt what slopes to manuever around. I might just get 1200cc for the comfort as well.

Elephant hill still okok la.

just saw that the "blue" Honda has

1500cc FIT Hybrid and Grace Hybrid for rental

shld b good for 3pax. around JPY 6100 per day

also a new Autumn promo, for N-Van 660cc, JPY 5800 per day inclusive of CDW waiver n JAF support !

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just saw that the "blue" Honda has

1500cc FIT Hybrid and Grace Hybrid for rental

shld b good for 3pax. around JPY 6100 per day

also a new Autumn promo, for N-Van 660cc, JPY 5800 per day inclusive of CDW waiver n JAF support !
Ok, later will check for 15-21 Oct period.

come_5

Reaction score
Does Toyota rent a car requires a refundable security deposit during car collection? It's not mentioned anywhere. As I'm planning to pay using youtrip, will need to load more value if they do charge.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Toyota rent a car requires a refundable security deposit during car collection? It's not mentioned anywhere. As I'm planning to pay using youtrip, will need to load more value if they do charge.

have not rented from Toyota before

but previous times rented with several other companies in Hokkaido n Tokyo, did not need security deposit

it is required, I wld rather NOT pay Deposit with YouTrip (or any other stored value card), but with a regular CC

(only in Perth Aust, car rental collected deposit ... which I DID NOT pay with YouTrip)

come_5

Reaction score
have not rented from Toyota before

but previous times rented with several other companies in Hokkaido n Tokyo, did not need security deposit

it is required, I wld rather NOT pay Deposit with YouTrip (or any other stored value card), but with a regular CC

(only in Perth Aust, car rental collected deposit ... which I DID NOT pay with YouTrip)
Any reason why? Cos of the long refund period? I actually did so when renting in Perth with no birds. Took about 3 days to receive the refund. Just nice on my last day there.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any reason why? Cos of the long refund period? I actually did so when renting in Perth with no birds. Took about 3 days to receive the refund. Just nice on my last day there.

yes exactly

the money is actually deducted, and you wld be exposed

unlike using CC, it is just a hold

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my experience renting with Toyota when i was in kawaguichiko, they did not ask for any deposit.

Hellscythe

Reaction score
Rented 3 times from Toyota rent a car. Sapporo, Kawaguchi-go and Kanazawa. Never had to pay any deposit. You only pay for the rental fees when collecting the car, and ETC fees if any when returning the car.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woohoo, managed to get the 10k off 70k coupon. Now thinking if get 1200cc at $425 or 1600cc at $625.

Capture.jpg

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woohoo, managed to get the 10k off 70k coupon. Now thinking if get 1200cc at $425 or 1600cc at $625.

Capture.jpg

u stalked at midnight ? :LOL:

for my period, Jalan still more expensive compared to renting direct, even after 10k :cautious:

even for Hotels, some i booked direct with Hotel, and even Rakuten JP were cheaper.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u stalked at midnight ? :LOL:

for my period, Jalan still more expensive compared to renting direct, even after 10k :cautious:

even for Hotels, some i booked direct with Hotel, and even Rakuten JP were cheaper.
Nope, i just log in at 915am and saw it. LOL. And its gone in 10 mins after i collected.

For me, renting direct from honda, nippon, toyota all more ex. IIRC, toyota not yet release for Oct, but i based on their latest Aug.

TehCow

Master Member
Reaction score
usually when they will release the 10k coupon? trying to rent from Toyota in Oct too.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
can share the booking link ?

may consider 1 + 8 HiAce for my Oct trip ;)
I book from Car Rental Hokkaido. https://www.toyotarentacar.net/english/. So far there are a couple of Hiace rental. But this one response the fastest since they can communicate thru whatsapp/LINE.

Btw, they need IDP Class D. May i know this is equal to what class of driving license? My uncle have Class 2B/3/4.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.