Hotel Recommendation in Tokyo?

Coolman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends where you're heading to. A lot of malls around Shinjuku station. If you're coming from Narita, Narita Express does stop over here. For Haneda, you can take the airport limousine bus instead. Very convenient with Shinjuku Bus Terminal - there's many highway buses to other parts of Japan.

i am very impress wif japan train sytem, unlike sing, sing will nvr get close to their standard , not even 20yrs times.
the shinjuku bus teminals can get to further out tokyo, very convenient.
Well , tokyo is a city, goin tokyo will need to feel e tyoko city, dat is most important.
shibuya and shinjuku is a not to miss.

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time there ?
I notice that many of their train stations are very old / layers of dusts on the roofs & rusty metal.

No escalator or lifts in many that torture many elderly / handicapped / heavy suitcases.

i am very impress wif japan train sytem, unlike sing, sing will nvr get close to their standard , not even 20yrs times.
the shinjuku bus teminals can get to further out tokyo, very convenient.
Well , tokyo is a city, goin tokyo will need to feel e tyoko city, dat is most important.
shibuya and shinjuku is a not to miss.

Coolman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time there ?
I notice that many of their train stations are very old / layers of dusts on the roofs & rusty metal.

No escalator or lifts in many that torture many elderly / handicapped / heavy suitcases.

been there more den 10yrs, one of my asia biz trip i nid to support.
only last 5 yrs i wen very frequent , every quarterly 10 days stay in toyko.
reason is e soapland is more foreign friendly frm like a few to a few dozens now.

btw, last yr they closed down 2 shpos bcos they openly use jav to attract, comin 2020 bcos of more foreign i quite sure there will b more NO to foreigners, bcos of media( it kind of not legally setup as it is, but everyone noe is there, is jus dun make too loud a sound).

Last edited:

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
I stayed shibuya last month.. I liked it cause I prefer places with night activities/supper easily.

My next trip aiming shibuya or shinjuku, but still preferably shibuya.

Need some recommendations for shibuya as the hotel I stayed was a bit far from subway..

Sent from dala dala using GAGT

Nanako1

Reaction score
any hotel Recommendation in Tokyo? sorry if this thread is created before cos i cant seems to find any info.

other sub countries like bkk or hk got such recommendation thread which i tink will be useful...
personally I stay in this hotel in shinjuku call hotel gracery shinjuku. I find not bad. It clean n near the jr station. But room is not tat big. This hotel is e one with e Godzilla .

Coolman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stayed shibuya last month.. I liked it cause I prefer places with night activities/supper easily.

My next trip aiming shibuya or shinjuku, but still preferably shibuya.

Need some recommendations for shibuya as the hotel I stayed was a bit far from subway..

have u search shibuya excel b4, cos i dunno how far is far to you.
i stay there b4 ,cnt remember now, durin biz trip, as i hav coperate account it was like 20k b4 tax.
price varies depend on e dates u stay.

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going Tokyo this November. Book mystay chain @ Hamamatsucho. Like the location. Near Odaiba and Haneda airport.

Hard to find a hotel room for 3. Mostly is single or couple room. One night per head is around 85 SGD. Another one found is hotel the M Innsomia Akasaka. Quite atas. Chop the cheapest one for 100 SGD per head.

Coolman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going Tokyo this November. Book mystay chain @ Hamamatsucho. Like the location. Near Odaiba and Haneda airport.

Hard to find a hotel room for 3. Mostly is single or couple room. One night per head is around 85 SGD. Another one found is hotel the M Innsomia Akasaka. Quite atas. Chop the cheapest one for 100 SGD per head.

how big is ur rm, can sleep 3 person, how much per room.
u gon disney land? i went california one so not interested everytime i go tokyo.
cheap one near kawasaki , but gelang street.
100sgd can get 20m squre rm for 2adult1child, but dat price need to book 1 months back, now go up like 30% for all size of rm.

Last edited:

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toyoko Inn for 2 is always < S$100 with breakfast .
Every 10 nights free 1 night with many branches all over Japan & some overseas.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
have u search shibuya excel b4, cos i dunno how far is far to you.
i stay there b4 ,cnt remember now, durin biz trip, as i hav coperate account it was like 20k b4 tax.
price varies depend on e dates u stay.

Wah $300+ per night... The one I stayed need to climb a upslope and an overhead bridge, so might be troublesome for people like me with big/heavy luggages..

Coolman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah $300+ per night... The one I stayed need to climb a upslope and an overhead bridge, so might be troublesome for people like me with big/heavy luggages..

daty i said impt to specify e budget den can recommend mah.
btw, big/heavy luggages u mean ur belly and buttock? u was sayin goin to train station during tour visit?
i rmb there is a bus stop @ e hotel for limo coach to/forth airport as i saw tourist queing wif bags, my japan office mate drove me to airport as e stay was quite last minute.
dat time i pay less den 300sgd, quite long time ago maybe tax rate was lower.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For your budget.

I recommend this

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hote..._Tokyo-Chuo_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

Ryumeikan. Right across the Yaesu exit of Tokyo Station.

The location is unbeatable outside of Tokyo Station which is the hub of transport in Tokyo. Can take early Shinkansen for day trip. All train lines more or less will go to Tokyo Station.

But biggest issue is this hotel is very hard to book because it is popular for the price and location! last time i managed to book was in 2014 when not so many tourist in Tokyo.

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how big is ur rm, can sleep 3 person, how much per room.
u gon disney land? i went california one so not interested everytime i go tokyo.
cheap one near kawasaki , but gelang street.
100sgd can get 20m squre rm for 2adult1child, but dat price need to book 1 months back, now go up like 30% for all size of rm.

1x Room for 3 adults is 28.5 m2 space. 87 sgd per pax. Frankly we still find it expensive. Maybe our expectations for a hotel is just a utility. Can sleep shiat and pee is sufficient. Rather spent the money on food and gifts

Coolman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1x Room for 3 adults is 28.5 m2 space. 87 sgd per pax. Frankly we still find it expensive. Maybe our expectations for a hotel is just a utility. Can sleep shiat and pee is sufficient. Rather spent the money on food and gifts

so e rm cost like over 250sgd per nite.
i slept in a hotel rm wif living rm b4 in my biz stay b4, but dat coy pay i dun care.
for tourist most of ur time is out, u come back to sleep only, dun tink got time to enjoy e facilities if they have.

gladysbeyond

Reaction score
Kids

for hotel, is it necessary to declare got kids?

I am bringing 2 young kids (5 and 7 yrs) but if i declare them, the room rates are different.

I am booking Keio Plaza. But i also worry if check in then, they might "fine" us or force us book another room..

Anyone has idea?

thwysg

Reaction score
for hotel, is it necessary to declare got kids?

I am bringing 2 young kids (5 and 7 yrs) but if i declare them, the room rates are different.

I am booking Keio Plaza. But i also worry if check in then, they might "fine" us or force us book another room..

Anyone has idea?

At your own risk. They can reject your check-in since you did not declare. 5 and below is free, but 6 and above is chargeable as an adult.

http://www.keioplaza.com/faq/index.html

I've read of a case in TripAdvisor last year that the lady did not declare her three kids and they were turned away from the ryokan and left stranded in the mountains at night.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't do this in a super "law by law" country like JP. They will just say sumimasen, please pay the diff or get an extra room, arigato gozaimasu:)

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toyoko Inn has a few Tokyo ones for 3 .
S100 ++ .

Good for me for sleep / dry my laundry / store my small suitcase / breakfast . :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.