Japan Autumn 2019

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Using JR pass to travel around Japan, can you reserve the seats on the day you are taking the train? Is it possible to reserve the seats online without going to train stations?Thanks.

hell no. you need to obtain ticket that says you reserve car no. and seat no. even if you have JR pass.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are heading to japan soon (whichever area) to see autumn colours, i hope you have your itinerary planned up and booked your accomodations. I am doing a full 8 days in kyoto (skipping osaka and nara) but it is still not easy to plan in a single city. Alrdy done

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are heading to japan soon (whichever area) to see autumn colours, i hope you have your itinerary planned up and booked your accomodations. I am doing a full 8 days in kyoto (skipping osaka and nara) but it is still not easy to plan in a single city. Alrdy done

JSM.......

wsoybean

Reaction score
8 days is alot of time to spend in Kyoto. You can try half day to Nara, where deers roam around freely everywhere, once you exit out of train station :s13:

thwysg

Reaction score
8 days is alot of time to spend in Kyoto. You can try half day to Nara, where deers roam around freely everywhere, once you exit out of train station :s13:

I think it’s better for you to advise others than OP. He’s been refusing advice from all of us right from the start. :D

apeape

Reaction score
my 4 nights in Kyoto was alright, could have spend more but it isn't necessarily ideal. especially if you had THAT much of time. I hope you do not get bored over your 8 days there.

i even skipped the golden temple because I couldn't be bothered, and too many tourists! have fun!

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If hes free and ez its not difficult to day tour out in the region although may need to waste 30mins for some....

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks looking forward!

my 4 nights in Kyoto was alright, could have spend more but it isn't necessarily ideal. especially if you had THAT much of time. I hope you do not get bored over your 8 days there.

i even skipped the golden temple because I couldn't be bothered, and too many tourists! have fun!

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will consider nara but my priority for this trip is still autumn colours and spending time in kyoto

Last edited:

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm i wanted to japan for many years alrdy and this time finally i am going to kyoto. I get worked up and i think emotionally cry

I don't know if you are a kid or what. Hijacking a thread title from someone else (AHSS) for attention.

However, for someone who has yet to go to Japan... you sure have lots of "advice" to give to people.

Many of us who give answers and tips here are giving it out of our own experiences and not googling and pasting URLs which anyone can do.

Also we do not need daily updates on what you plan to do on your trip.

Save it for when you're actually there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.