Japan Autumn 2019

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Due to time constraints, I can only choose between Hakone or the Fuji 5 lakes region to spend 3 days 2 nights.Which one in your opinion is more worth to go? In terms of place of interests and scenery. TIA.
I did 2d1n at each of them on separate trips. Both during winter. I think i like fuji better even tho i didn't stay at lake kawaguchiko. Got better view of mt fuji. Quite nice to wake up to the view of fuji.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, no need waste time to go unless u are passing by. It is just some lights on the trees along the street. like u hang on the Christmas tree but with no deco.
go once to experience ma.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Due to time constraints, I can only choose between Hakone or the Fuji 5 lakes region to spend 3 days 2 nights.Which one in your opinion is more worth to go? In terms of place of interests and scenery. TIA.
short trip? I enjoy 5 lake area more. 3 bus line to serve the area. got more shop n food choices too.

hakone need to travel longer, transfer buses. scenery cant beat Mt fuji. most already quite ulu.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did 2d1n at each of them on separate trips. Both during winter. I think i like fuji better even tho i didn't stay at lake kawaguchiko. Got better view of mt fuji. Quite nice to wake up to the view of fuji.
1 day only so rush

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

5 lakes. try the lesser travelled ones for a change.......

jywy2005

Master Member
Reaction score
short trip? I enjoy 5 lake area more. 3 bus line to serve the area. got more shop n food choices too.

hakone need to travel longer, transfer buses. scenery cant beat Mt fuji. most already quite ulu.

Thanks to all who responded to my post. I will change my plan to go to Fuji 5 lakes instead. Moreover, Hakone was affected by the typhoon recently too.

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much should i change for a 8 days trip? My wife and I are not really into shopping.. at most some souvenirs only. Would 1.6 to 1.8k SGD be enough?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats also my range, not into shopping

Mostly food and some gifts back home

How much should i change for a 8 days trip? My wife and I are not really into shopping.. at most some souvenirs only. Would 1.6 to 1.8k SGD be enough?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
100-150 is only for breakfast, lunch and dinner right? Not considering public transport, attraction pass right??

My last month trip was about $200 daily for 2A1C, not including transportation, disney etc etc..All those already factored outside..

Includes some purchases as well..Like shoes for son, my specs, gundam, son toys etc etc..

But then again, the places i went before Tokyo also basically spend on food..So leftover for spending in Tokyo

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My budget about 3k.

Air tickets + hotel in kyoto for 7n is 1.4k

So i am left with 1.6k to exchange for transport, food , souvenirs and entry fees to temples.

Sim card + insurance wise is $60

How much r u changing??

Last edited:

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5 lakes. try the lesser travelled ones for a change.......
btw anyone try go to the thousand yen my fuji view? got lost trying to get there. end up nv go there

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded to my post. I will change my plan to go to Fuji 5 lakes instead. Moreover, Hakone was affected by the typhoon recently too.
saw ppl repairing a collapsed mountain road as our bus drive by. that part become single lane

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u guys need to be here!
momiji every where!
UdMOA6Z.jpg

SL15Avp.jpg

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u shud still go hakone
only the hill train oos
大湧谷juz re-opened yesterday, shame moi was moving to 2nd spot tat day
hakone easier to travel around
5 lakes area a lot bigger
can tk up to 1hr to travel to each lake
bus not very frequent
kawaguchiko is the main spot
if u wan2 beo mt fuji, cum here, very nice!
it is fugging big and spectacular!
imo 5 lakes is for hard core sightseeing, if u plan to do camping then is very nice!

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taken from the spot near Maple Corridor back in 2015..

MedA9gZh.jpg

kbozT4xh.jpg

And while waiting for the bus..
V1FUOVCh.jpg

This year temp indeed push the maple red leaves backwards...

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw anyone try go to the thousand yen my fuji view? got lost trying to get there. end up nv go there

I drove there and relied on Google maps for the location. It is near the parking lot iirc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.