Is my itinerary feasible?

Wei Xiaobao

Reaction score
Q1: What is the easiest route to travel from Haneda airport to Osaka? (HyperDia | SearchResult) shows many transit, which might be a problem, as I will be carrying two luggages.

Q2: Is Kyoto baby friendly? I'm considering over day trip from Osaka VS staying at Kyoto for 1 night.

Day 1 Travel from Haneda Airport to Osaka:
- Osaka Castle
- Osaka Aquarium
- Ferris Wheel,
- Shopping near hotel

Day 2 Osaka:
- Univerisal Studio

Day 3 Day trip to Kyoto (from Osaka)
- Kiyomizu–dera Temple
- Tojinbo

Day 4 Nara (on the way to Kyoto):
- Nara Park to feed deer (Nara Travel: Nara Park)
- Other places in Kyoto

Day 5: Travel to Tokyo from Osaka
Day 6: Walk walk
Day 7: Shopping day

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you really need to minimise transits

consider taking a domestic transfer from Haneda domestic terminal

you might want to take a look at your first day plan

castle will take abt 3 hrs to visit... and travelling from that part of Osaka to the aquarium might take a while....

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Q1: What is the easiest route to travel from Haneda airport to Osaka? (HyperDia | SearchResult) shows many transit, which might be a problem, as I will be carrying two luggages.

[there is definitely going to be mutliple transfer if u are going by train coz tokyo and osaka is very far apart. the easiest train route is probably haneda -> shinagawa -> shin-osaka/kyoto -> osaka]

Q2: Is Kyoto baby friendly? I'm considering over day trip from Osaka VS staying at Kyoto for 1 night.
[no idea about baby. but i would stay in osaka and make a day trip to kyoto so avoid the hassle of changing hotels and moving luggages, especially since u are going kyoto for only a day.]

- Osaka Castle
- Osaka Aquarium
- Ferris Wheel,
- Shopping near hotel
[as mentioned by cancer81, ur day 1 is going to be very rush. travelling to osaka and checking into hotel would already have taken up half a day]

Day 2 Osaka:
- Univerisal Studio

- Kiyomizu–dera Temple
- Tojinbo
[how about other attractions in kyoto such as fushimi inari and kinkakuji?]

- Other places in Kyoto

some comments above.

personally i think it is not worth travelling to osaka since u only have 7 days. it is going to be expensive and time consuming to travel from tokyo to osaka. 7 days is just nice for exploring tokyo and places near tokyo.

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- Osaka Castle
- Osaka Aquarium
- Ferris Wheel,
- Shopping near hotel

Day 2 Osaka:
- Univerisal Studio

- Kiyomizu–dera Temple
- Tojinbo

- Other places in Kyoto

I echo the opinion of others....your exploration of the area will be at most a touch and go thing....for Kyoto...you will probably only have time to visit one part of the place such as Arashiyama or Higashiyama....and have to consider the cost of travelling from Tokyo to Osaka and vice versa

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score
Haneda to Shinagawa via Keikyu train, then Shinagawa to Shin-Osaka via Shinkansen (bullet train). Shin-Osaka station is the only bullet train station within Osaka.

For just 1 night, I'd recommend that you guys just make a short day visit to Kyoto from Osaka instead of moving your luggage and stuffs with you. Kyoto is just a short 30mins regular train ride from Osaka.

- Osaka Castle
- Osaka Aquarium
- Ferris Wheel,
- Shopping near hotel
What time does your flight arrives at Haneda? Bear in mind that you will require time for clearing immigration + collecting luggage (est 30mins), then take Keikyu train to Shinagawa station (est 20mins), go JR office to exchange JR Pass (if you are using JR Pass) and getting your Shinkansen tickets (about 15mins), Shinkansen ride from Shinagawa to Shin-Osaka (about 3 hours), then from Shin-Osaka to wherever your hotel is located at in Osaka (about 30mins).
Even if your flight arrives early morning (eg. 7am), it would probably be around noon time by the time you are able to check in to your Osaka hotel and head out to explore Osaka.
Seems like a pretty packed day to me.

Day 2 Osaka:
- Univerisal Studio

- Kiyomizu–dera Temple
- Tojinbo
There's Fushimi Inari, Golden Pavilion, Silver Pavilion, Nishiki Market street, Arashiyama bamboo grove and scenic train, Nijo castle...etc...

- Other places in Kyoto

See my replies in red.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think TS perhaps have been to Tokyo in a previous trip and would like to cover more of Kansai this time, but for some reason has decided to fly into Haneda instead of KIX. In any case, I echo cancer81's suggestion to take domestic flight from Haneda to KIX. You can still take the shinkansen back from Osaka later if you wish.

solarwings

Reaction score
You could always get the jr pass and sit the shinkansen...
Haneda to Shinagawa - around 20 mins to half an hour, Shinagawa to Shin-Osaka around 2 to 3 hours.

Direct domestic flight from Haneda to Kansai might be a better option though, since transfer time + flight time is probably shorter than taking trains. You can buy domestic flight tickets cheap if you are a tourist.

Last edited:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of time to reply regarding baby friendliness of Kyoto

I am assuming pram and in relation to toilet facilities?

pram wise, I might advice against it as you will often need to traverse stairs. As you will be going to shrines in Kyoto, you will have to navigate uphill and downhill. Higashiyama is basically a long stretch of street carved onto a slope... It might be too bumpy

as for toilets, I recall most toilets to have updated facilities that allow for parents to take care of their infants.

Wei Xiaobao

Reaction score
You could always get the jr pass and sit the shinkansen...
Haneda to Shinagawa - around 20 mins to half an hour, Shinagawa to Shin-Osaka around 2 to 3 hours.

Direct domestic flight from Haneda to Kansai might be a better option though, since transfer time + flight time is probably shorter than taking trains. You can buy domestic flight tickets cheap if you are a tourist.

Bro,

Can share how to buy domestic flight cheap ? I'm thinking of buying JR pass, hence, i thought taking bullet train is cheaper.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.