HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help on Disneyland Hotel

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #1

Need help on Disneyland Hotel

Can I know the ranking of the Disneyland hotels whether they are different by much? Do the distances differ by much to the park?

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (is it actually a Disneyland branded hotel?)
Hilton Tokyo Bay
Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
(Any others worth considering?)

I am planning a trip to impress my daughters and hoping for the best experience possible for them to go to Disneyland in December.

Thanks
getedmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #2

Guests who stay in Disney hotels have special privileges. The rooms donít come cheap.
https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/hotel/dh/privilege

Hilton and Sheraton are Official Hotels located just outside the theme parks. Only stayed in Hilton before with breakfast buffet included. Thereís a convenience store inside the hotel. Iíve stayed in the Good Neighbor Hotels as well - Keio Plaza, Grand Nikko and Hilton Odaiba (back when they were known as Grand Pacific Le Daiba and Hotel Nikko Tokyo). Free shuttle bus services to and fro the bus terminal outside Maihama station.

If you wanted convenience, get MiraCosta. Entrance is inside the park. Easy access back to the room from DisneySea. Stayed there instead of Disneyland Hotel because of the hotel being located inside the park. We watched the night performance inside our room facing the Mediterranean Harbor - no need to camp outside for hours.

December? These hotels usually have above 90% occupancy rate. Not sure if you could get a room. I booked mine exactly six months ahead when it opened for booking on my desired dates.
thwysg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
Master Member

Best experience is Miracosta in Disneysea itself unless your daughters are still young and prefer Disneyland instead.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #4

Guests who stay in Disney hotels have special privileges. The rooms donít come cheap.
https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/hotel/dh/privilege

Hilton and Sheraton are Official Hotels located just outside the theme parks. Only stayed in Hilton before with breakfast buffet included. Thereís a convenience store inside the hotel. Iíve stayed in the Good Neighbor Hotels as well - Keio Plaza, Grand Nikko and Hilton Odaiba (back when they were known as Grand Pacific Le Daiba and Hotel Nikko Tokyo). Free shuttle bus services to and fro the bus terminal outside Maihama station.

If you wanted convenience, get MiraCosta. Entrance is inside the park. Easy access back to the room from DisneySea. Stayed there instead of Disneyland Hotel because of the hotel being located inside the park. We watched the night performance inside our room facing the Mediterranean Harbor - no need to camp outside for hours.

December? These hotels usually have above 90% occupancy rate. Not sure if you could get a room. I booked mine exactly six months ahead when it opened for booking on my desired dates.
Thanks for the advise. I haven't seen MiraCosta before and will definitely check it out.

My daughters are 8 and 11 so I would imagine they will like MiraCosta too.

Our travel dates are 31/12 and we are in Tokyo for 5 nights from 29/12. I have been monitoring the website for Tokyo Disneyland NYE packages and they have not released the park + stay packages yet. So I'm thinking I should just book the hotel first which I can cancel for free once the park+stay packages are available to book. I've booked Sheration for 31/12 for one night and since it's outside the park it is probably not that worth it.

I will check MiraCosta now. thanks!
Old 13-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #5

Best experience is Miracosta in Disneysea itself unless your daughters are still young and prefer Disneyland instead.
Thanks purpleberry. My girls are 8 and 11 do you think that's a good age?
Old 13-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #6

Why not just visit both parks? We usually get 3D passes for our visits.
Old 13-08-2019, 01:49 PM   #7

Can I know the ranking of the Disneyland hotels whether they are different by much? Do the distances differ by much to the park?

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (is it actually a Disneyland branded hotel?)
Hilton Tokyo Bay
(Any others worth considering?)

I am planning a trip to impress my daughters and hoping for the best experience possible for them to go to Disneyland in December.

Thanks
The disney hotels are

Mira costa @ disney sea
tokyo disneyland hotel @ disneyland
disney ambassador

celebration hotel ( these are quite far and not recommended)

Hilton Tokyo Bay

these are not disney branded

The mira costa is the nicest and most expensive, followed by disneyland hotel, ambassador and celebration

If you are staying multiple days, you can switch hotels and they will transfer the luggage for you.

The mira costa is built into disney sea and if you managed to get the expensive rooms you can actually overlook the harbour.
korosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
Master Member

Between 8-11, they might prefer Disneysea. There's a very new attraction called Soaring Flight which should be an eye opener. One of the benefits of staying at a Disney hotel is you can get priority tickets for highly popular rides like Toy Story. I think it also includes priority for shows like Big Band Beat and guaranteed reservations at restaurants.

Dedicated thread: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/j...t-5494697.html
Old 13-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #9

The disney hotels are

Mira costa @ disney sea
tokyo disneyland hotel @ disneyland
disney ambassador

celebration hotel ( these are quite far and not recommended)

Hilton Tokyo Bay

these are not disney branded

The mira costa is the nicest and most expensive, followed by disneyland hotel, ambassador and celebration

If you are staying multiple days, you can switch hotels and they will transfer the luggage for you.

The mira costa is built into disney sea and if you managed to get the expensive rooms you can actually overlook the harbour.
This is great info thank you so much!
Old 13-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #10

I've booked Sheraton at $1500 a night for NYE and I'm not liking my chances if and when MiraCosta or Disneyland hotel opens up their booking for 31/12... i think it will be easily $2000 upwards. haizz

Last edited by getedmund; 13-08-2019 at 02:46 PM..
Old 13-08-2019, 05:24 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don’t forget it’ll be frigid cold then. Actually I’m sure no matter what you do, your girls will like it?
Old 13-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #12

Donít forget itíll be frigid cold then. Actually Iím sure no matter what you do, your girls will like it?
Yea, moreover so costly for one night. And also must be prepared for the crazy crowds too.
Old 13-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #13
Master Member

Wow $1500/night! That's almost 10x the price during regular, weeknights.
Old 13-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

As a parent, we all want to impress while we also don’t want to teach them the wrong values. TS is clearly doing well to be able to provide his kids with such options but is it necessary? That’s relative.

Don’t let a hotel accommodation ruin the family experience. Focus on the time spent and I’m sure you stay in airbnb it’ll also feel good.
Old 13-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #15
High Supremacy Member

Plenty of blogs on Tokyo disneyland hotels.

I will be going to Tokyo next month and will be staying at Tokyo disneyland hotel (2 nights) and miracosta (1 night).

Miracosta hotel super hot demand esp if you aim for Harbour View room (can watch water parade from room if you are lucky).

I only manage to get the room on Venice side.

Sent from Home using GAGT
invigo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.