Osaka Accomodation Recommendations

misssotong

Reaction score
I stayed at Ookini hotels Nipponbashi.
It is beside Nipponbashi station, 5 minutes Kuromon Market, 10 mins from NAmba and Dontobori. It has rooms with 2 twin bed and also comes with a mini kitchen, dining area and also a washing machine/dryer and portable wifi

IMG_20190621_181015.jpg

IMG_20190621_181022.jpg

IMG_20190621_181011.jpg

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AirBnB would be favourable, if you can keep your kids under control.

stanleyluilai

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Shinsaibashi and Namba neighborhoods are the best and most convenient places to stay in Osaka, especially if it's your first time in the city.

stanleyluilai

Reaction score
In my opinion, the Shinsaibashi and Namba neighborhoods are the best and most convenient places to stay in Osaka, especially if it's your first time in the city.

Shinsaibashi is Osaka's main shopping district while Namba is home to Dotonbori canal and its myriad street food stalls and restaurants. So enjoy! But check the virus reports yeah.

tiff12

Reaction score
Namba is a good area to stay. Many main tourist spots are nearby. Namba train stations (JR and other rail companies), shuttle bus from airport, subway are all conveniently located around that area.
Airbnb is actually a good choice as well, you get the whole apartment instead of just a hotel room.

ses009

Reaction score
What is the best way to get to KIX airport when the flight is early morning 8am+? We have kiddos too.

ses009

Reaction score
Taxi prob is easiest but not cheapest.
Thanks. I also thinking because the public transport doesn’t seem to have too early timings plus cranky kids haha. Perhaps I should change the flight to a later timing and pay abit more for the change for the convenience.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
I stayed at Ookini hotels Nipponbashi.
It is beside Nipponbashi station, 5 minutes Kuromon Market, 10 mins from NAmba and Dontobori. It has rooms with 2 twin bed and also comes with a mini kitchen, dining area and also a washing machine/dryer and portable wifi
looks nice this Airb

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osaka we stayed in america-mura which is close to shinsaibashi, dotonburi
Kyoto we stayed almost a week in a machiya near to nishiki - got kitchen got washing machine/dryer - was a good experience, can cycle around with the family up and down Kamo river .... was nearby nishiki market and gion.
If got 4-5 people cheapest and fastest is taxi

archlover

Reaction score
What is the best way to get to KIX airport when the flight is early morning 8am+? We have kiddos too.
i also travel with family with small kids,
usually if i need to fly in KIX / NRT before 10am...
i will change hotel to hotel near airport at the night before...

8am flight means, safer to check-in around 6.30am.. travel time from central osaka (depends on your hotel, walking to station + train ride) is around 1.5 hours.. means 5am out from hotel.. i think i need to carry my kids out on that kind of timing lol....

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wun recommend my default osaka stay to anyone but normally i prefer tennoji shinimamiya for ease of airport access....and costs...
Stayed in Shinseikai before. A really interesting place that seems to be stuck in the 60s. Not recommended for solo females or family with kids. Although the area is much safer than it used to be but at night still can be dangerous with drunks, beggars and dodgy characters loitering around.

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stayed in Shinseikai before. A really interesting place that seems to be stuck in the 60s. Not recommended for solo females or family with kids. Although the area is much safer than it used to be but at night still can be dangerous with drunks, beggars and dodgy characters loitering around.
i kinda like it for the retro feeling but at nite the alleys leading to the cheap stays makes me nervous even in japan......

Grandturismo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for budget hotel? Taking late flight landing Kansai at 10+pm and next morn travelling to Kyoto. So need a cheap hotel to spend one night, triple sharing preferred

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for budget hotel? Taking late flight landing Kansai at 10+pm and next morn travelling to Kyoto. So need a cheap hotel to spend one night, triple sharing preferred
Did the same.
Not easy to get triple sharing. Managed to get hotel Granvia Osaka for $133 early February - 3 single beds. Just walk out of jr Osaka station central gates. Easy to get to Kyoto as hotel is just at the station.

Didn't want to spend time searching for hotel or walking/ transfer after long day.

Downside jr line from kix to OSAKA take around an hour. From March Hanuka line should be stopping at Osaka. Don't know if it's faster.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.