Osaka & Kyoto

NanaKoh

Reaction score
Help needed
I'm leaving for Osaka & Kyoto in 2 weeks time & I've yet to plan my itinerary:(
From Kansai to Kyoto - 4days in Kyoto / 03days in Osaka
My 1st trip to Osaka & Kyoto

These are the places to we are planning to go (I've yet to check the route too). Kind soul pse help me

Kyoto
Kiyomizu Dera Temple
Gion
Kinkaku-ji
Arashiuama Bamboo Grove
Nishiki Market
Fushimi Inari-taisha
Philosopher's Walk
Kyoto Illumiere (Venue Rurikei Onsen POTEPOTE PARK)

flyingfatty

Reaction score
Help needed
I'm leaving for Osaka & Kyoto in 2 weeks time & I've yet to plan my itinerary:(
From Kansai to Kyoto - 4days in Kyoto / 03days in Osaka
My 1st trip to Osaka & Kyoto

These are the places to we are planning to go (I've yet to check the route too). Kind soul pse help me

Kyoto
Kiyomizu Dera Temple
Gion
Kinkaku-ji
Arashiuama Bamboo Grove
Nishiki Market
Fushimi Inari-taisha
Philosopher's Walk
Kyoto Illumiere (Venue Rurikei Onsen POTEPOTE PARK)

Hello! I'll be heading to Osaka/Kyoto too 30th Dec - 9th Jan, so here are some things I found during my research that may help you

I'm travelling w my bf and we're mid 20s, plus we both really like walking and understanding the culture, so we thought we'd go there and google map the directions, and if it ain't far we'll most likely walk :) our plans aren't really very firm also because we like to keep some buffer space in between in case we wanna stop by to get coffee or we get distracted by the streets or towns in between, or we get too cold

30 Dec (Kyoto)
Touch down KIX, head to Kyoto straight away and chill for the night.

31 Dec (Kyoto)
Morning - philosopher's walk, then travel to kiyomizudera
Afternoon - late lunch at Gion, then walk around Gion. Go to yasaka shrine nearing to midnight for hatsumode (the welcoming of the new year). then after midnight, walk past the park and go to chion-in temple

1 Jan (Kyoto)
morning - arashimaya (bamboo grooves + temple + shrine)
afternoon - Lunch at Nishiki market, then head to takashimaya area and walk around

2 Jan (Kyoto)
Kyoto railway museum, and Fushimi Irani
take train to Osaka

3 Jan (Osaka)
USJ :)))

4 Jan (Osaka)
Instant ramen museum
Sumiyoshi Taisha + other temples around the area
Kuromon Market to nom nom

5 Jan (Osaka)
Osaka castle (we are not intending to buy admission tickets, heard it's very nice to just walk around the grounds)
Dotobori/ Shinsaibashi

6 Jan (Nara)
See the deers! Plus we are also staying one night here in Nara at the deer park inn

7 Jan (Osaka)
our plans are not firmed up for this day yet. maybe visit Mount Koya, or onsen, or shopping.. or just nua-ing haha

8 Jan (Kobe)
eat beef, Mount Rokko, Earthquake Memorial Park, maybe onsen :>

9 Jan - return back to SG

open to comments pls! thanks :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.