HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Rumors on Japan radiation..

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

if it is really that bad, im sure mfa will warn us from going there already.
Im sure they dont want us carry the radiation back to sg right
hahha flabby bro
should change yen as now yen gone down botbad u went chjabge some more. too as khakis wanna buy stuffs so I'm helping then buy stuffs

lucky I upgraded to a delsey 30" luggage last year hahahha
pker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

hahha flabby bro
should change yen as now yen gone down botbad u went chjabge some more. too as khakis wanna buy stuffs so I'm helping then buy stuffs

lucky I upgraded to a delsey 30" luggage last year hahahha
I am going to bring my rimowa 29" together with my samsonite 25" next time hehe
Old 07-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am going to bring my rimowa 29" together with my samsonite 25" next time hehe
ooo rich
u own a rimowa haha which model u got? as it got added models too
pker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

ooo rich
u own a rimowa haha which model u got? as it got added models too
salsa air loh
Old 08-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #20

If you are really concern, maybe you can consider going to okinawa. It is on the southern tip off japan main island. Check out this website sugoiokinawa.net. They have one article specifically covering radiation in Japan. Got a lot of details. You go slowly read.

If still very concern, maybe you can bring along a radiation detector. I think you can buy it off amazon.com. I think the article also got cover that.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #21
High Supremacy Member

Anyone went to Japan recenty and have done a radiation check?

I was advised by my sister yesterday to not go to Japan as she has friends who came back to Sg and had done a radiation chk n found 10x the amount of radiation in their bodies..

Others said their friends friend can't give birth forever due to the radiation.. Or another version.. Can't give birth until Only 7 yrs later.. It's always the friend's friend..

Whats ur take?
from friend's friend is already BS.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. And Seoul has twice the radiation level of Tokyo:
Disaster/Recovery General Information | JNTO - Japan Travel Updates after the 3.11 earthquake
Thanks for the info! I went Korea past 2 years..

any black and white paper say this what u wrote above haha. OK curious too hahhaa
dunno ley.. tink no hab

Go to the link I provided above.

NEA recently stopped monitoring since last month but they have monitored daily for last year cuz I remembered checking the levels every day for 2 weeks before I go for my Nov 2011 Japan trip and during those period, Singapore's levels were indeed higher than Tokyo's.
And here is Japan's radiation levels for 5th Feb across all its prefectures:
http://radioactivity.mext.go.jp/en/m...010_020614.pdf
Sam i believe u!!

if it is really that bad, im sure mfa will warn us from going there already.
Im sure they dont want us carry the radiation back to sg right
Fabian thats what i tink so too la!
Jayce_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ive' also heard this story 2wice from different sources now... i'm not glowing yet tho.. and no superpowers
ahahah! I shall use that to reply others when i come bk..

the 7 years cant give birth story i heard before also. i always have doubts about stories that are from friend's friend. somehow it is never from someone we actually know.

nevertheless, no one can say for sure whether there is any effect of radiation in japan... not even the scientists/experts studying radiation. so it is up to urself whether u feel comfortable going there or not. no point going there if ur are afraid, worrying about the food and drinks u take there, and continuing to worry after coming back
I understand

radiation levels in singapore is higher than tokyo...
ya lo i read the link sam gave..
Old 10-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you are really concern, maybe you can consider going to okinawa. It is on the southern tip off japan main island. Check out this website sugoiokinawa.net. They have one article specifically covering radiation in Japan. Got a lot of details. You go slowly read.

If still very concern, maybe you can bring along a radiation detector. I think you can buy it off amazon.com. I think the article also got cover that.
Thank you so much for your reply!!

but i still am going to tokyo~

from friend's friend is already BS.
I wanna tell that to my sis too ley~
Old 10-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #25

NP! Btw i went to tokyo last yr (after the radiation becoz they got cheap tix) i still in one piece. Maybe i got kena radiated (who knows right) but at least i got a great time at tokyo.

Just to quote Yann Martel from Life of Pi- "I must say a word about fear. It's life only true opponent Only fear can defeat life...It begin in your mind, always" so no nid to fear radiation . I think it is only in the mind.

Dun scared la. So many japanese are still staying in tokyo what.

Enjoy tokyo!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #26
Supremacy Member

nihon-jin staying there bcos got no choice....where can they migrate to?

but if scare than dun go
if go than dun worry so much
u won't see the side-effect so fast one....but bringing infant i advise better not
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

Zac sure! Thanks! I got my tix le

Vaxvms nope just me b a girlfriend
Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #28

I also hear alot abt this rumour, tts y i am abit worried... i booked my ho kkaido trip yet some smart alec come scared me with this...
I have a question. Hope those with japan travelling experience can advise me.
Anyone know where can we buy distilled water in tokyo and hokkaido? Is it easily found?
lazywitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #29

I checked with MFA yesterday. They said that Ministry of Health (MOH) has advised that thus far, there have been no reported cases of Singaporeans with radiation illness due to travels to Japan. The current radiation levels in Tokyo are within international acceptable limits, and close to Singapore's level. If you have any health concerns, you may wish to consult Travellers Clinic at Tan Tock Seng Hospital and take the necessary precautions. So probably these rumours are unreal.
crazybunss likes this.
lazywitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

I checked with MFA yesterday. They said that Ministry of Health (MOH) has advised that thus far, there have been no reported cases of Singaporeans with radiation illness due to travels to Japan. The current radiation levels in Tokyo are within international acceptable limits, and close to Singapore's level. If you have any health concerns, you may wish to consult Travellers Clinic at Tan Tock Seng Hospital and take the necessary precautions. So probably these rumours are unreal.
This is an interesting topic, several of my friends + colleagues knew that I am going to Japan for holidays this month, and they were discouraging me and telling me tales (maybe true stories) on the radiation (like the friend's friend's stories shared here). I really sincerely thank them for their concerns and will stay alert when I am there. For the friends here, I used this for reference...

Disaster/Recovery General Information | JNTO - Japan Travel Updates after the 3.11 earthquake

Some of the their reaction was certainly so !!!!!!! (like "I forbidded you to go Japan!") ... Sterotyping the whole of Japan...

Its like telling me, japanese are going to extinct soon due to radiation... Come on lah, if fated to die, crossing the road in Singapore, also can be knocked down by a car...

Last edited by ralliart_ray; 05-03-2012 at 04:26 PM..
ralliart_ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.