Rumors on Japan radiation..

mockngbrdy

Reaction score
if you are concern(like me)
dont visit japan for the next 3 years

both my colleague friend & gf colleague daughter kana
doc suggest 3 years better dun give birth
are u sure is colleague friend and not colleague friend daughter friend sister in law friend cousin boyfriend sister?

jwfanclub

Reaction score
im looking for someone to actually come and tell me it is true based on what a 'first degree friend' experienced. rather than friend's friend or what not.

Reaction score
i was there on apr and sept 11, not glowing green or growing extra limbs (yet). :eek:

will be going again next mth. if you are really concern about the radiation levels, then i'd advise you not to go rather than being paranoid throughout the trip.

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as always, its "my friend's friend... my colleagues' friend's friends...." not straight from the horse's mouth? or the horse already dead so can't post here? :s13:

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whether the rumors are true or not. As long as you know of the facts of radiation, one should decide whether to go or not. Anyway, I for one will not hesitate to go there whether in Tokyo, Osaka or Hokkaido.

Effects from radiations are usually long term, unless one is exposed to a sudden large dosage. You won't know until years or even decades down the road. So if someone tells you they feel it, it is bull. You wont notice it even if you travel to Fukushima restricted area. Unless you bring a calibrated radiation meter or radiation badge, which you will probably be stopped at Jap airport, unless you have valid reasons to bring those in.

Mutational effects from radiation varies from individual to individual and will only manifest itself years down the road, and even if one developed cancer, there is no way to proof that it is because of a certain episode (providing you have controls in the group).

Young female will be more affected than male should they want to give birth afterwards as the egg cells in their ovaries are already there. Therefore, having slightly more effects when they are exposed to a higher dosage of radiation.

The doc suggestion dont give birth in 3 years is also bull as I said earlier, the egg cells are fixed and already there in the ovaries, that slowly develops and mature monthly for the rest of the reproductive age of a female. So should the cell is damaged, it will be there until reaching maturation. However, no effects to sperm as they are made new.

If you are going there for a short period of time, just treat it as a few dosage of X-ray. I think the locals should be more worried than tourists as they have no choice but to remain in the area.

And lastly, if one has doubt and afraid of potential contaminant, it is suggested that one should not go. The psychological harm far out-weight true physical harm.

honeypooh

Reaction score
if the rumors are true, i think it is very unfair to those who are newlyweds couple who went for their honeymoon, and planning for babies.
why MOE is not reporting this to public.:(

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if the rumors are true, i think it is very unfair to those who are newlyweds couple who went for their honeymoon, and planning for babies.

A rumour is a rumour.

If you are so concerned about the rumour, it is your own responsibility to verify with the relevant authority such as Ministry of Health, as one forummer here has taken the trouble to do so.

And if despite the MOH having said that there is no real risk, and you are still so concerned with the rumour, then just don't travel to Japan as many have said here.

sereneong19

Reaction score

what is your concern actually? the radiation or not able to go? if u are so adamant that the fact of the level of the radiation is so true to the rumours (even though the relevant authorties gave it's green light), is there a need to clarify over here or just trying to convince yourself over here?

like most of the forummers had said it, it's up to you to go ahead with it. if you believe the fren's fren's experience despite almost everyone of us here been thru it and came back with good health, then u can plan elsewhere for your holiday, Japan isn't the only country in the world atlas.

i'm not trying to be mean or what, but i think your thoughts are groundless. just to add on, i went to japan again one month after the quake hit. and it's already a year and if u die die wanna seek out one evidence over here in this forum, well, i can tell u. for the past one year, i never taken one day of mc and i'm stronger than anyone else in my office. is that considered as a side effect or was it becos i had a good trip and thinking positively? you decide.

Last edited:

lampano

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All i can say is, do not under estimate the effects of radiation.
My family doctor has told us not to start any baby plans, at least 6mths after visiting Japan.

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My family doctor has told us not to start any baby plans, at least 6mths after visiting Japan.

Hmm, sounds like your family doctor is more qualified than the experts in World Health Organization and Ministry of Health in prescribing such advice? :s22:

sereneong19

Reaction score

right. so dun go if you are concerned. simple.

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol such news always underdeclared.
even it is 1000% hazardous, they also will not report.

even the actual plant situation was not reported truthfully during the crisis period.

the US carrier already move out of japan in mar 2011 when japan said it was safe lol.
they rather believe their own devices than WHO or japan's

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol such news always underdeclared.
even it is 1000% hazardous, they also will not report.

even the actual plant situation was not reported truthfully during the crisis period.

the US carrier already move out of japan in mar 2011 when japan said it was safe lol.
they rather believe their own devices than WHO or japan's

:s22: I really have to quote TPL "Dont know what to say..."

Reny078

Reaction score

What is unfair?
In the first place, do those couple or people know about this radiation issue?
Are they aware of the consequences and take own responsibilities?
Or they have this mentality of go first, enjoy enjoy then see how or wont be so unlucky kena?

Maybe you can suggest or gather those family doctors and friend's friends to sign petition, bring it up to MOH, push them to investigate and ban people from going.

We can do our own research, google for information then judge if it is safe or worth to go. Dont have to be so spoon-feed or wait for authority to say so.

Even if MOH and WHO or even Japan Govt said it is unsafe to visit Japan, Im sure there are people who will still go.

Ultimately, the choice is yours.

Reaction score
I think we have to be mindful of news that comes from "official news sources". even if they are official, they are might not be the whole truth.

If I am Japan, I will downplay the effects of the radiation spread as it will hurt my tourism economy. whatever the WHO can find/ report to the world might also be watered down OR they didn't check thoroughly. (you know like in audits, sometimes employees can hide bad data/ wayang good data and if the auditor never check thoroughly then the company will pass the audit with flying colours).

And all you people who posted "nothing happen to me leh"/"I didn't grow another arm/leg leh" should be aware that you are already an adult, mutation doesn't work that way, u think u playing Fallout izzit? The worse effect is when you want to have baby and it comes out all deformed (if can spot during pre-natal is considered lucky liao) if not lucky cannot physically spot one then is baby will have weak immune systems which can't be changed.

Whether we will know if the radiation affects Japan is seeing their next generation born over the next 10 years. I thought you guys should have seen the Chernobyl videos on those born after the explosion.

wind30

Reaction score
yup. For me, I did not go Japan since the earthquake although I go there quite often.

I think now is more than a year has passed so the radiation has dispersed slightly.

Even so I am going to avoid Tokyo area and I am going Hokkaido which is like super far.

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are u sure is colleague friend and not colleague friend daughter friend sister in law friend cousin boyfriend sister?

9220715.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.