Shopping in Japan.

Clock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can share which fashion brand is cheaper than Singapore besides Burberry Black Label... thanks!

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
given that you can get the GST refund, most of the pricing will be quite competitive

is a bit better at outlet malls but some people dun like those places given the "tourist trap" name

Clock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
given that you can get the GST refund, most of the pricing will be quite competitive

is a bit better at outlet malls but some people dun like those places given the "tourist trap" name

tourist trap... hmm...
can share share ??

sobeckscxl

Reaction score
Uniqlo. Check out GU which is under Uniqlo too.

My partner bought a electronic shaver and it was cheaper than SG by quite abit. Only downside is you have to use a travel adapter when charging it.

Clock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was thinking of getting an electric shaver as well... thanks for the tip on the charging part.

GU by Uniqlo ?? Ok. Go and beo!

anymore ? Fred Perry ? Porter ? Agnes B ?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some brands sometimes have JP limited edition.

mynameisjon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely GU. Check out the ones at Ginza and Ikebukuro. There's a "Bic-qlo" store in Shinjuku which is basically a Bic Camera, Uniqlo and GU all in one.

GAP having sale now. I remember this January when I was there, there were sales associates outside giving out coupons for additional discount. Bought some stuff that was at 50% off, and then got another coupon for 50% off, so basically 75% off.

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Just to name a few brands cheaper but still depends the item, always look out for sub sub label, example paul smith go for the paul smith blue label and so on

- Yoshida tokyo porter
- Head porter
- Beams
- Fred Perry
- Paul Smith blue label
- Burberry black and blue label
- Y3
- Undercover
- Neighborhood
- Bape
- Gu
- H&M
- Comme des garcon
- Forever 21
- Tsumori chisato
- ABC Mart (shoes)

Clock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to name a few brands cheaper but still depends the item, always look out for sub sub label, example paul smith go for the paul smith blue label and so on

- Yoshida tokyo porter
- Head porter
- Beams
- Fred Perry
- Paul Smith blue label
- Y3
- Undercover
- Neighborhood
- Bape
- Gu
- H&M
- Comme des garcon
- Forever 21
- Tsumori chisato
- ABC Mart (shoes)

thanks!
i went to compare the fred perry japan's prices and ASOS's. it's cheaper in Japan. same for g star.

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
thanks!
i went to compare the fred perry japan's prices and ASOS's. it's cheaper in Japan. same for g star.

Just a thing is that if you are a big size guy then is difficult, even their size 3 is pretty small compare to the large

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. I think many Singaporeans still haven't realized that we are truly the most expensive city in the world to live in.

FrogGreen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- Yoshida tokyo porter
- Head porter
- Beams
- Fred Perry
- Paul Smith blue label
- Y3
- Undercover
- Neighborhood
- Bape
- Gu
- H&M
- Comme des garcon
- Forever 21
- Tsumori chisato
- ABC Mart (shoes)

should i bring cash there and just swipe credit card/???

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Where can I buy gshock at a affordable price?

Yodobashi and bic camera, their price often lower than rrp and you do get instant tax refund. China union cc get additional 5% off.

And both sells latest models and allow pre-order.

Other than that will be G-shock factory outlet or G-Shock store

cheefarn

Reaction score
Lol. I think many Singaporeans still haven't realized that we are truly the most expensive city in the world to live in.

That's what I'm telling you guys every now n then.

Many things were already cheaper than sillypore when the exchange rate was at ard 72yen to SG$1.... now at 85-86yen... it will be even cheaper... regardless if they raise GST or not

Cars, fuel prices, hotel rates (yes not kidding) are considerably cheaper than sillypor

Eg, which local 4 star hotel can u book for just SG$89/night?:eek: And the hotel room is very big and lux... size about 90% of our new 3 room flat...

I paid just that at Sapporo Tokyu Excel Hotel when I was there last year. Superb high floor unobstructed view of Nakajima Park and greater Sapporo..

TMD, even Hotel 81 charges over SG$150 per night... its expensive to open a room for a quickie in SG too :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.