HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Staying at a ryokan with hot spring

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2016, 01:42 AM   #61

hahah I was staying in yugawara so didnt go pass gora and didnt had time to go the sulphur valley as well but hakone afterall is the hot springs for me so I only saw the shrine and lake ashi before heading back on the last bus at 3.50 pm! The buses end pretty early in smaller towns and if I were to miss the bus, I will have to cab back to my ryokan! Didn't want to miss the kaiseki as well which was gooddddd.
Thats nice to know you had a good time and it was a good thing you took note of the bus schedule.
rogue_strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #62

Any mid range ryokan to recommend for Kyoto? Those that are inclusive of meals will be good.
YuM_ChA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #63
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry to awake this old thread

Will be visiting kyoto and interested to stay in a ryokan. Is it worth to stay in one at sgd 400 per night per person?

All i know about a ryokan is they provide a meal or 2 per day. Is there anything else to do in a ryokan? Price sounds pretty steep if im just gonna use it for accommodation purposes along with those included meals
Shalomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #64
Master Member

Sorry to awake this old thread

Will be visiting kyoto and interested to stay in a ryokan. Is it worth to stay in one at sgd 400 per night per person?

All i know about a ryokan is they provide a meal or 2 per day. Is there anything else to do in a ryokan? Price sounds pretty steep if im just gonna use it for accommodation purposes along with those included meals
Onsen lor, most ppl like it
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

thats it?

just soak in the onsen and relax the entire time u are there?

pretty boring even for half a day in a ryokan ya?

nothing else to do or sight see in the area?

Onsen lor, most ppl like it
Old 15-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #66

thats it?

Yes, soaking in the onsen while overlooking some scenery (if thereís any). You can only check in after 3pm (do sightseeing before heading to the ryokan) and dinner usually is served latest by 6.30pm-7pm unless itís at a buffet restaurant. And usually people continue their sightseeing journey after breakfast and checking out.
thwysg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok so it sounds like a night or 2 max in a ryokan is more than enough since there isnt much to do in it apart from onsen and enjoying the nice meal(s)

is sgd 400 per night per person too steep? what is a decent price for a ryokan night's stay?

Yes, soaking in the onsen while overlooking some scenery (if thereís any). You can only check in after 3pm (do sightseeing before heading to the ryokan) and dinner usually is served latest by 6.30pm-7pm unless itís at a buffet restaurant. And usually people continue their sightseeing journey after breakfast and checking out.
Old 15-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #68
Master Member

thats it?

Usually few shops will be open past sunset. At most stroll around nearby vicinity in the case of miyajima or noboribetsu.

Ya can be boring but onsen meant to relax.

Price range is very wide, basic ones can be from 100 per pax per night with half board and up to 1k+ for high end ones in hakone, depending what you want.

Last edited by saffronsatire; 15-04-2018 at 10:31 PM..
saffronsatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 10:48 PM   #69

ok so it sounds like a night or 2 max in a ryokan is more than enough since there isnt much to do in it apart from onsen and enjoying the nice meal(s)

is sgd 400 per night per person too steep? what is a decent price for a ryokan night's stay?
•30,000 per pax means above average hotels/ ryokans. Do enough research before booking. Sometimes it depends on the type of food served, season youíre going, room youíre staying and if itís a weekend or public holiday.

As for budget wise, itís really up to individual. The most Iíve paid for was around •35,000 per pax (excluding taxes) and both meals included fugu and local beef. My recent trip at Kawaguchiko cost me •32,000 per pax because I chose to have A5 Kuroge Wagyu shabu shabu for dinner.
Old 16-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #70

Hi, mind sharing which one you stay at? Usually where is the best site to book ryoken?

•30,000 per pax means above average hotels/ ryokans. Do enough research before booking. Sometimes it depends on the type of food served, season youíre going, room youíre staying and if itís a weekend or public holiday.

As for budget wise, itís really up to individual. The most Iíve paid for was around •35,000 per pax (excluding taxes) and both meals included fugu and local beef. My recent trip at Kawaguchiko cost me •32,000 per pax because I chose to have A5 Kuroge Wagyu shabu shabu for dinner.
onenightfighttwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 09:11 AM   #71

Hi, mind sharing which one you stay at? Usually where is the best site to book ryoken?
I usually book either through Rakuten Travel (Japanese website) or directly with the hotels/ryokans. Usually I search for the hotels that I want to stay with Google Maps first (location and views) and shortlist them. Then I read reviews and check the different plans the shortlisted ones offer.

Kawaguchiko? That one was Kozantei Ubuya. The other one that offered fugu, Tadaya was in Wakura Onsen.
Old 16-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #72

usually a ryokan stay is for one day relax and just hot springs and chill
concreteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #73

I usually book either through Rakuten Travel (Japanese website) or directly with the hotels/ryokans. Usually I search for the hotels that I want to stay with Google Maps first (location and views) and shortlist them. Then I read reviews and check the different plans the shortlisted ones offer.

Kawaguchiko? That one was Kozantei Ubuya. The other one that offered fugu, Tadaya was in Wakura Onsen.
Thanks so much. .
onenightfighttwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 01:29 AM   #74

Anyone has had experience of a mid-range ryokan around lake kawaguchi? Headed to tokyo soon and didn't realise it's golden week so trying my luck and seeing if something which isn't too pricey is avail - probably in the range of 3-400 for 2 pax.
cokiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes i think so too thanks for confirming

I can't imagine spending more than a day just idling in a tub of warm water and pay steep prices for it

usually a ryokan stay is for one day relax and just hot springs and chill
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.