HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Toyota Rent-a-Car

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #1

Toyota Rent-a-Car

Hey guys,

I am currently staying in Hiyoshi, Kanagawa, and will be moving to Ikebukuro as well as pick up my friend from the airport in end November.

I have a bicycle with me and I was thinking that the best way to move my stuff to the apartment in Ikebukuro and pick up my friend from the airport would be to rent a car for 12 hours.

Anybody has any experience with Toyota Rent-a-Car, and whether is this the most ideal method for my situation?
Da_Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
Master Member

i honestly dont know about driving in japan as i dont have any practical driving experience but from what i do know from reading up, is that, you have to

1) have a IDP
2) have your licensce with you.

i thought of renting a car and driving around in okinawa, it turns out that most companies do rent out kei vans as well. usually vans are cheaper by quite a bit. if its just you and your friend, getting a van might be cheaper.

might be more practical for you too and do make sure you plan your parking spots.

parking is a bitch in central tokyo. dont drive without planing. are you willing to pay like 24 bucks a day for parking ? i know night parking alone usually costs about 1k-1.5k yen. that alone is about 1/3 the cost of rental for a small car.
stars87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.