winter 2014 trip

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arashiyama now having light up in the evening around the bamboo forest area. But of course all the other stuff will be closed.

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arashiyama now having light up in the evening around the bamboo forest area. But of course all the other stuff will be closed.

Tbh the lights up are quite disappointing. Bits of lights here and there.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I expected it. I didn't even bothered to go when I was there last week.

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably we expect too much or pampered by the multi colored LED display in the cities
Kyoto Arashiyama Hanatouro 2014

I though this kind of simple light up would suit the location better.

Went last yr, looks nothing like in the picture.

There is a small Matsuri, but nothing special from other Matsuri.

And the crowd trying to cross the bridge is insane. Crossed liao and seems like not worth it coz even more crowd heading back.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to the Kobe Luminarie last Sunday, the 2nd last night before it ends, and the crowd was crazy. The police had cordoned off 4 streets leading to the Luminarie itself and the crowd had to slowly walked down 6 streets completely jammed pack with people who had come to see the light up. I walked almost half an hour thru the 6 streets before I even reached the light up area. It was a cold night but because it was so jammed with people that I didn't feel cold.

buzzmario

Reaction score
Hi I just ended my 4 days 3 night stay at nazowa osen. It snow everyday with very good powder snow. Around 1 to -4 .not too cold , with heatec extra, one long sleeve , one fleece and one brought from Tao bao 冲锋衣, which is water proof is good enought to go for skiing for my family up at the mountain in nozawa.

Thanks samcy , reading your blog allow me to find this wonderful place.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.